Pre-Trip I've been feening for this trip and gosh darn it better be fun PTR

Hello all. Some of you know me pretty well so I won't do to many intros. I am Jessica the resident Disney fanatic in my house and our next trip will be October 3rd-10th, 2015. We skipped last year so I am feening bad to see home. My husband Carl and Cadence will be along for the trip as well as one of my closest and oldest friends, Ashley. She is like our sister/Aunt and we are super excited to have her along for the trip.

Plans are to stay at Pop Century this trip as there are monetary constraints. Hoping to get two rooms side by side. Not sure if we will get the DDP or not. Still deciding. But I do know at least 3 restaurants we will be experiencing if we can get the ADRs come April. Ohana dinner, Akershus breakfast and Crystal Palace breakfast. We do have a gluten allergy (Ashley) and diabetes(Carl) as well as colon issues (me) and a very picky eater (Cadence). So choosing dining hasn't been easy.

Weather_Lady

Totally had to look up "feening," BTW... now you've taught me a new word!

Early October is a terrific time to visit (nice weather, lower crowds). I hope your plans go smoothly and that the dining works out. The buffet/all-you-care-to-enjoy meals you've chosen will offer something for everybody, and as I'm sure you know, WDW is great with food allergies and dietary restrictions. Have fun with the planning!

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Totally had to look up "feening," BTW... now you've taught me a new word!

Early October is a terrific time to visit (nice weather, lower crowds). I hope your plans go smoothly and that the dining works out. The buffet/all-you-care-to-enjoy meals you've chosen will offer something for everybody, and as I'm sure you know, WDW is great with food allergies and dietary restrictions. Have fun with the planning!
Wasn't sure I spelled it correctly. But it is an accurate depiction of how I feel.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
My friend Ashley who is planning on going with us this trip is booking her trip this weekend!!! So things are finally coming together. I have my ADRs picked but need to decide on back ups in case I don't get what I want. So now I am just waiting on October calendars to come out so I can finalize daily plans and ADRs and back ups. Yay!!!

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
So far these are my dining plans:

October 3rd- OHana dinner around 6ish
October 4th- Crystal Palace breakfast at 8am
October 5th: Akershus breakfast at 8am
October 6th: Hollywood and Vine breakfast at 8am
October 7th: Plaza late lunch early dinner
October 8th: Biergarten or La hacienda de San angel
October 9th: OHana breakfast at 8am

All are new to us except Akershus and Biergarten. Ashley has tried the Plaza and loved it. We may just do something like a signature meal and cut out two of our choices. Thought about CG but not much on the menu for my daughter. May wind up doing it the last night as a special surprise dinner.

Last edited:

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
So just saw hours, and think if I can get ADRs the way I want them my plan will work. Here is the daily plan:

Saturday, October 3rd- arrival day. We will leave on the evening of the 2nd and drive from Huntsville, AL probably to the GA/FL line. Drive the rest of the way on Saturday to arrive mid afternoon. Check in at Pop. Shower and get ready for dinner at OHana around 6-7pm. If we arrive earlier, we will have time for a swim or we might head over to Poly to resort hop a bit before dinner.

Sunday, October 4th- breakfast at CP at 8am. Pre park breakfast photos. Spend the day at MK doing all the wonderfulness that is the Magic Kingdom. Hoping for FP for Elsa and Anna M&G, Tales with Belle, and probably Parade. We will head out late afternoon probably after parade for rest. Then head over to Pop for either a night of swimming and relaxation or possibly go to HS. They have EMH that night so might try to get a few rides in and watch Fantasmic if we are up for it.

Monday, October 5th- breakfast at Akershus at 8am. Pre park breakfast photos. Start by doing meet and greets with the Fab Five and then ride a few rides then head over to the IG and meet with some princesses as we travel the worlds and enjoy sampling food and beverages. Relax along the way and just enjoy the beauty of Epcot. End the evening with illuminations.

Tuesday, October 6th- breakfast at Hollywood &Vine at 8am. Pre park breakfast photos. Ride rides and meet as many characters as possible. Try to do the character palooza and eat a carrot cake cookie sandwhich. See beauty and beast stage show (never seen).Go to Fantasmic if we didn't get to on Sunday night. Head back to Pop to swim, relax and sleep.

Wednesday, October 7th- head over to Ak for EMH. FP Safari, Everest, and LK show. See Nemo show since we have never seen it. Let Cadence explore Dino dig area as we take turns riding Everest over and over. :) head over to Pop for a rest and a shower then to MK for a dinner at the Plaza and watching the EP and Wishes. Hoping to ride a few rides at night since I have never done this either.

Thursday, October 8th- sleep in a little get breakfast at Pop and then head over to Epcot. Spend all day there riding rides and enjoying countries and food and wine. Have dinner at either Biergarten or La Hacienda de San Angel before Illuminations if we make it that late.

Friday, October 9th- breakfast at OHana with LILO and Stitch at 8am. Head straight over to MK and do everything we can and meet all the princesses we can before park closing at 7pm. Park hop if we have anything we want to do that we didn't get to do at HS or EPC. Possible dinner at CG to watch Wishes. Sleep.

Saturday, October 10th- check out and drive home in time to pick up our puppies and kitty.

HouCuseChickie

It sounds like a great plan! Not sure if you need a FP for FoF. I guess it will depend on projected volumes, but it was nuts on Veteran's Day- still much of the area around us in Frontierland didn't get totally packed until 20-30 min before the parade. I like being there by that time anyway so we can see the Philharmonic and the family of the day.

I think you've done Biergarten before, so might be fun to do something different by going with La Hacienda.

What are you planning on for FPs at DHS on the 6th?

And I think you know Deb and I will both support the plan for doing Cali Grill on the last night of your trip. :)

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I'm thinking R&R and Toy story and tower of tower will be chosen depending on what I can get. I know the tiers affect it a lot so I have to read over that and figure it out

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
So ADRs are made and I am pretty happy.

Saturday October 3rd-OHana @9:15 pm
Sunday October 4th- OHAna @7:45 am
Monday October 5th- Akershus @8:15 am
Tuesday October 6th-Hollywood & Vine @8am
Wednesday October 7th- The Plaza @6:15pm
Thursday October 8th- La Hacienda de San Angel 6:30pm
Friday October 9th- Crystal Palace 8:05am

Will try to get an earlier OHana dinner. Glad to have the 7:45 am breakfast on our first park day because we want to hit rope drop. I am so excited to get prepark CP. Need food recommendations for the plaza and la hacienda!!

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Love the ADRs choices. May you fill your stomachs full of the wonderful food. Can't wait to read the trip report after you experience all of your daily plans. Following along.
Thanks @mrdrift ! I am so excited about it I can't stop reading and rereading my plans. Silly I know. I need to be focusing on starting the company I trying to build so,I can have more of these vacations in the future.

ladydi

In the future, if you want to try CG but are worried about your daughter, when we went I asked if they could make some pasta with butter sauce for my picky eater. It wasn't on the menu but they had no problem doing that for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom