It's Hockey Time!!!!!!

MerHearted

Original Poster
This week, the new NHL season starts.... YAHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The greatest sport on earth has returned!! Who do you think will drink from Lord Stanley's chalice this season? I remember picking Detroit at the beginning of last season, simply cause I didn't think anyone could stop them. But this year, I'm getting the feeling that it's not gonna be the usual Detroit, Colorado, or New Jersey. I think someone new will win it this year, maybe San Jose, LA, Carolina, or Montreal. I think it will be someone different for once.

The Penguins are my team though. And it upsets me how so many analysts aren't giving them much respect this year. I think if we can stay healthy, we will be dangerous. Hopefully, Mario will be able to play most of the season and Straka will return. If they do, along with Kovalev, Hrdina, Morozov, Robitaille, and now Daigle, we should be pretty strong on offense. The defense is something else though, but hey, since when have the Penguins been about D? Live by the sword, die by the sword. Of course, with all our injuries last year, our sword was broken. But this year will be different... hopefully. I think we'll make the playoffs and maybe surprise some people.

I also think a team that's overrated this year is the Flyers. Being from Philly, I probably know them better than the Penguins. This team is a group of choke artists. Terry Murray was right. Every year, they're predicted to go far, they end up having a good season, but then choke when it actually matters, in the playoffs. Each and every year, it's the same thing. And it's gonna be the same thing this year. I've actually heard people saying this year's team is better. Better? How is it better? I don't recall the Flyers making any major off season moves, besides losing people. If anything, they're worse than the team last year. What? Is Ken Hitchcock gonna finally fix the problem? I don't think so. I don't care who they have on the bench. It's not gonna be any different. When they're doing well, this team's gonna be happy, but when adversity comes, this team always turns on each other, remember the end of last season? I've heard how Hitchcock will make things different cause he's a strict, tough coach... ok, so how is that any different from Bill Barber? Wasn't the reason Hitchcock lost his job in Dallas because his players stopped listening to him? In 5 years, 5 coaches have come and gone. Maybe the issue isn't the coach? Perhaps, the problem with this team is that pathetic excuse of GM that is Bob Clarke? Clarke has got to go, and unless Ed Snider finally sees that Clarke is the problem, I don't see this team going anywhere. That's just what I think of the Flyers.

Those are the teams I follow most. What do you guy think of other teams?

tiggerlover1971

i am rooting for the panthers thats my team but i would like to see the senators or penquins go to the stanley cup (love jagr and mario ) my husbands god son is named Jagr Lemiuex after both of them

hockeymom

Well, since I am from the Edmonton area, I have been an Oilers fan for years, my son though, is a huge Red Wings fan.

However, my favorite team this year happens to be the
Atom "AA" Rangers!! They totally kick, they are the team to watch for! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is my ten year old son's hockey team this year, their season is just getting underway.
:)

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by MerHearted
Cool!

But Jagr's not a Penguin anymore... such unpleasantness. :(
I know:cry: thats why I now have three teams to root for the Panthers first ( live in south florida ) penquins and sentators and i will like it to be known that Jagr is nicer than some hockey players when i went to the panther penquins game some time ago ( cant remember how many years now ) senility is setting in lol I was sitting behind the panthers bench no panther would let me get a picture of them ( hid there face of just had there back to me well I was sitting close to the penquins bench as well and screamed jagr can i get a picture of you and he stood on the ice and posed for me i thought that was so cool he was awesome love seeing him skate

MerHearted

Original Poster
Have you seen the Penguins' new home jerseys? They look awesome. It's a tribute to past, while having a futuristic look. :)

Lance

Bruins suck, I've lost all faith in them after last year, until new management is put in, I will not go back....

The Av's are my team, best goaltender of all-time....

castlecake

Did you hear that the Queen will be dropping the puck at a Vancouver exhibition game? Not a thing I would picture The Queen doing. She is in Canada for part of Golden Jubilee tour of the "British Empire" countries.

Pioneer Hall

I like the Devils, but I think this is going to be a very dissapointing season for us. We lost some very good players in the past year. We don't have Arnott, Holik, or Sykora anymore.

hockeymom

Originally posted by castlecake
Did you hear that the Queen will be dropping the puck at a Vancouver exhibition game? Not a thing I would picture The Queen doing. She is in Canada for part of Golden Jubilee tour of the "British Empire" countries.

I saw it on the news, it was pretty cute, she had her handbag in one hand and the puck in the other. Looks like Naslund took the ceremonial face-off for the Canucks and Mike Ricci for the Sharks (Mike's not the prettiest guy in the NHL) :lol: :lol:

sounds like she enjoyed it

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by MerHearted
Have you seen the Penguins' new home jerseys? They look awesome. It's a tribute to past, while having a futuristic look. :)

no i havent seen the jerseys cant wait hope to go to the panther penquins game

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom