It's BUSY right now at DISNEY!

Thelazer

Original Poster
Well, attendence might be down but they have added "E" ride nights for the next few days at the Magic Kingdome. They've also added an extra hour onto the park hour's as well.

If this trend will hold, who knows. It seems right now people are just going to Disney "before" the war starts.. and it's quite busy at the parks.

BTW MK turnstyle count was about 37,000 yesterday.

Jay

bhg469

I hope it holds up, disney needs the extra revenue we need more attractions. michael eisner needs more money. soon well all get what we want

TURKEY

Originally posted by MicBat
maybe it's due to the fact that a lot of colleges are on spring break right now... just a guess :veryconfu

I'm betting its more due to high school and elementary schools out on spring break than colleges.

spectrofan

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Just wondering, but is it just the Magic Kingdom that' crowded or is it all the parks? I'm going on Friday, so I'd like to know.

I only went once to Orlando on Springbreak time and I remember that all parks were crowded but the ones that are most is Epcot and MK... but I could be wrong:hammer:

DCL

MK is always the most crowded park... no matter what time you go. But it's good to hear that the attendance is up!

johnmb

Originally posted by Thelazer
...they have added "E" ride nights for the next few days at the Magic Kingdome. They've also added an extra hour onto the park hour's ...
Jay

Like Sir Hiss, I'm going in a few days, so I'm very interested in details.

Please, what e-ride nights have been added (they were already scheduled for 3/18, 21, 25, & 28)?

Thanks for the encouraging news!

FLcastmember

The attendence at the MK this week has been anywhere from 20-30% ABOVE the short term forcast. It is still only at the levels that they predicted at the start of the year. (the long term forcast). So yes it is VERY crowded because the park hours and CM staffing levels are based on the short term forcast. 10,000 extra guest a day yesterday.

BUT, disney is responding with increased park hours. In fact today, MK is closing at 8, not 7. Look for this trend to continue. They are thinking about adjusting the park hours for the next few days as well. This is good news for all. But it could all change if we go to war tonight. So disney is still being careful, and unless these unexpected large crowds continue into next week, the cut backs will reamain for now. But keep checking the Web site, because there may be some changes over the next few days.

johnmb

Thanks much, FLcastmember!! It helps soothe anxiety a lot to have solid information.

Have extra e-ride nights been added, by the way?

imagineersrock

i'll be going this weekend and i am just curious, when we say that it's crowded do we mean simply average crowds (which would be crowded compared to what they origionally estimated) or are there actually noticibly large crowds??

-just as an example, give me a guess on what an e-ticket's attraction wait time would be like lets say Splash mountain; are we saying probably an average wait of about 20-30 min... or are we actually talking more like 60 min wait times..?

PS- in case you're wondering, the beach resort is completley sold out for this weekend, -incase this says anything to you crowd-wise

thanks guys.

Thelazer

Original Poster
Well I was at epcot tonight.

Trams running.. back section of the parking lot 1/2 full.
10-15 people deep around the lagoon for the show.

Test Track 50mins standby, single rider 20-30.
FastPasses sold out {at 7pm, so don't know if that counts really}

Crowds, well not many spring breakers... TONS of parents with little babys {and many TO YOUNG FOR THE HEAT!} and little kids.

Jay

Jordan's Mom

I live in Florida, and our kids have been on Spring Break since last Friday. It may drop the crowds back down when they return to school next week.

As for the war affecting people's travel plans, it's tough to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom