It's been one year to the day....

mcurtiss

Original Poster
....that we arrived at the MK for my DD's first visit and my wife's birthday. Feeling a little melancholy but I have a great "Be Our Guest" themed dinner surprise for the two of them.

Since we don't have any plans to visit WDW in the near future, I'm curious what people do to keep themselves upbeat if they don't have a trip planned. I can't say its "depressing" but its certainly not as much fun and looking forward to a visit.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
....that we arrived at the MK for my DD's first visit and my wife's birthday. Feeling a little melancholy but I have a great "Be Our Guest" themed dinner surprise for the two of them.

Since we don't have any plans to visit WDW in the near future, I'm curious what people do to keep themselves upbeat if they don't have a trip planned. I can't say its "depressing" but its certainly not as much fun and looking forward to a visit.
We hang out here.

KLeigh

I'm currently planning a WDW vacation for my best friend, who is going to surprise his little sister with the trip as a gift for her high school graduation (May 2015).

None of them have been to WDW before, so I'm working extra hard to make sure they have one magical vacation!

sbkline

We are skipping this year and HOPING to go back next year (end of May), although that isn't certain either, as we have a baby coming this summer. Alot depends on how much we can save up through the year and how much the hospital expense is going to cost.

But in the meantime, I have been digging out my back issues of Celebrations magazine and taking them to work and browsing through them on my breaks. And my son, who is about as obsessive as I am, keeps talking about our Florida road trips when we are in the van together: such as what states we go through, where we stop to sleep on the way, etc.

Nemo14

We are skipping this year and HOPING to go back next year (end of May), although that isn't certain either, as we have a baby coming this summer. Alot depends on how much we can save up through the year and how much the hospital expense is going to cost.

But in the meantime, I have been digging out my back issues of Celebrations magazine and taking them to work and browsing through them on my breaks. And my son, who is about as obsessive as I am, keeps talking about our Florida road trips when we are in the van together: such as what states we go through, where we stop to sleep on the way, etc.

Congratulations on the new-to-be baby! :D

EOD K9

Congrats, the wife and I have two on the way in June. We have a cruise planned for next year and we are going!!

DisneyPup

I know exactly how you are feeling. Our last trip was summer 2013 and don't have any trips planned for the future. I find myself almost "jonesing" to be at a Disney park. hahaha ... I might have a slight addiction. I visit the blogs and, as others have said, I read a lot of trip reports. The trips reports take me a away and for a moment in my mind it is like I am actually there. When I really feeling like I need some WDW, I break out all of the Disney Park books. Hang in there and I hope you get to plan a trip soon!!!

Britt

It's been almost 2 years....I'm missing it now, more than ever! :/ This site doesn't help much anymore...I think the only thing thats going to help is to bite the bullet and GO!!!!!

MissingDisney

This is probably going to sound pretty pathetic but here goes :rolleyes:..... when I'm really in the doldrums missing Disney, I log into Disney Store.com and search for the authentic park merchandise. I try to find something new for the current year or something to add to the house. It doesn't have to be anything big, my last purchase was a Mickey Mouse kitchen apron on clearance. Oh what joy when I come home and see the Disney box waiting on my front porch. :D I usually get the kids a little something and let them open the box. Everyone is happy and has a Disney moment to lift our spirits. We break out the photo books from our previous trips and reminisce. :inlove: We usually top off the day with Mickey waffles for dinner. :hungry:

sbkline

Thanks Nemo and Eod. :) Nemo, it's hard to believe that when I first started posting here and making your acquaintance, our son was just a baby. Now he has made four trips, his little sister has made two and we are waiting on number 3. We find out tommorrow if it is a boy or a girl.

By the way, you and Dana may be proud to know that if we do go on our trip as planned next year, we plan to bring the new baby, and he/she will not even be one year old yet. LOL

Last edited:

Nemo14

Thanks Nemo and Eod. :) Nemo, it's hard to believe that when I first started posting here and making your acquaintance, our son was just a baby. Now he has made four trips, his little sister has made two and we are waiting on number 3. We find out tommorrow if it is a boy or a girl.

By the way, you and Dana may be proud to know that if we do go on our trip as planned next year, we plan to bring the new baby, and he/she will not even be one year old yet. LOL
I knew you'd cave Steve!

and don't forget to pack the Pringles!

sbkline

I knew you'd cave Steve!

and don't forget to pack the Pringles!

Well, it was either bring the baby, or have to do a shorter trip because Mama cannot bear to be parted from the baby for two weeks. :D And yes, no trip is the same without the Pringles. LOL

Nemo14

Well, it was either bring the baby, or have to do a shorter trip because Mama cannot bear to be parted from the baby for two weeks. :D And yes, no trip is the same without the Pringles. LOL
By the way Steve if #3 is a girl, you have our permission to name her Dana Elizabeth...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom