"it's a small world"

Fantaseer

Original Poster
I figured this should go here for current events but if it needs to be moved i will understand. So today at the Magic Kingdom I got very disappointed and discouraged because "it's a small world" was all messed up. Most of the animatronics weren't working and it even seemed like some were missing. For example, the dancing French ladies moved occasionally not like normal and the Indian ladies that usually dance in front of the Taj Mahal didn't move at all. So I was wondering if any body knew about a big and bad breakdown or a computer going offline or something.....anything.

nytimez

On my trip a couple weeks ago, I was surprised by the things that were all working. Everything (to my knowledge, I obviously can't monitor everything on one ride) was working on IASW when I rode it.

About three weeks ago, just about everything was working for the first time in ages - and I only counted one missing doll (the cyclist on the wire in the last room).

Last summer and fall, on the other hand, the place looked like it had been ransacked.

I was more put off by the Tiki Room. Every time I visit, there are more broken drummers.

Fantaseer

Original Poster
On my trip a couple weeks ago, I was surprised by the things that were all working. Everything (to my knowledge, I obviously can't monitor everything on one ride) was working on IASW when I rode it.
About three weeks ago, just about everything was working for the first time in ages - and I only counted one missing doll (the cyclist on the wire in the last room).

Last summer and fall, on the other hand, the place looked like it had been ransacked.

I was more put off by the Tiki Room. Every time I visit, there are more broken drummers.
(This isn't meant to be rude but I'm sorry if it hurts anyone) SERIOUSLY!!! It felt like the Kingdom Keepers aftermath. And some of the eyes were just partially closed. At any second I was prepared to jump out and run. But I noticed the missing cyclist too. I thought it was my imagination, glad to see that I am still sane. :D

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Back in March and April, most of the animatronics were working, but the audio throughout the attraction was very spotty. Many of the background audio loops were off and by the time we floated into the Finale room, all the orchestral arrangements were missing, only vocals and the oompa band. I approached the IASW CMs and most of them had no idea what I was talking about....so I moved on to a pair of Fantasyland managers that I searched out. They thanked me for my observations anD then asked me to also stop by City Hall and report the same thing as those comments/complaints go through a different pipeline, to which I did. The attraction was so quiet, you could hear the clicking of the dolls movements, including the opening and closing of their eyes. It was quite creepy. Has anyone noticed that the audio issues have been resolved? And a big nod of agreement that the South Seas needs a huge paint job.

muteki

Errr.

I took this in May... not sure he's supposed to look drunk ?

As much as I love the history of this ride and the details in it... I remembered half way through the ride why I don't like it. The dolls freak me out.

I have seen the hippo look derpy on many occasions, spread out across separate trips. Not sure what the problem is but I can't remember last time I saw it looking right.

Errr.

I took this in May... not sure he's supposed to look drunk ?

As much as I love the history of this ride and the details in it... I remembered half way through the ride why I don't like it. The dolls freak me out.

Is that ever going to be fixed? I've seen that eyelid effect broken for years. I don't know why, but out of all the broken effects this one bothers me the most. Its comically bad.

hull327

LOL...that hippo was like that when I was there in Oct. '12. I forced my kids to go on this ride because it's iconic. They begged me on the next trip that I don't make them ride it again. I told them they didn't have to since now they can say they rode a true DW classic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom