it's a small world (What is the reason for it being lowercase?)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why is the famous (or is it infamous) boat ride titled "it's a small world" and not "It's A Small World" on all official Disney media including website and park maps and signage? Genuinely interested. What's the story behind that? Anyone have any insight?

GVentola

It seems to me that it's in lower case to emphasize the world being small, and the fact that the ride is populated by the children of the world, who are smaller than adults.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
I always assumed it was a design choice but still wanted to know more about it specifically. Honestly I'm more impressed that it's constant- consistent throughout the Disney Parks empire unlike the use of "Disney vs Disney's". Whatever the reason it certainly stands out on the official Disney.go site.

JIMINYCR

I always had assumed because all the dolls were featured in miniature fashion, they wanted to continue the theme of smallness with the attraction lettering. But if you look at the tie in with the worlds fair with unicef, you see unicef represented logo is most always in small lettering as well, so maybe it was to continue its small lettering logo so Disney wouldnt overshadow it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom