Its a Secret

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I need help. My brother is getting married in June and going to WDW for his honeymoon in July. My little present to him is getting him a week at the GF. But I want to make it super special, I want to suprise them with dinner at V&A but I don't know how to do it. So can anyone help me? Do they offer gift certificates? Can I prepay? But however it is done, it has to be magical.

If you think this is dificult, how am I going to convince him to take a suit w/ him.

Thank you again.
Andy

Pioneer Hall

Call disney dining and see what they can do. I am sure that this has been requested before and they will be more than happy to accomodate you in any way that they can.

Upvote 0

Raven66

Maybe you could ship his suit ahead to the room. That way you wouldn't have to tip him to your plan. :)

Good luck and that is a very nice surprise. :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneySam

Also you can call Disney Vacation Planning (name?) I arranged a conference at the Boardwalk last year for work and they were super helpful. They helped us arrange for gifts to be put into the rooms before the patrons arrived, and were very accomodating to all of our requests. They may even have some ideas for you? Good luck! What a nice gift! :wave:

Upvote 0

Jodi's Dad

I dont know if you will be able to get on such short notice. But try to get the Chefs Table for them. It books up fast but its worth a shot. Good luck and God Bless.

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

I wondered about renting a tux to wear, so you wouldn't have to bring the suit. Since his tux measurements should be handy at some formalwear store perhaps you could arrange something like that - have it delivered to his room with a note that he'll need to wear that to dinner.

Will the Mrs. have appropriate attire?

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

monothingie said:
My little present to him is getting him a week at the GF. But I want to make it super special, I want to suprise them with dinner at V&A
Thats a super wedding present :sohappy: Do let us know how you get on making the arrangements

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

You could tell them that you made them a PS for another fancy resturant, i.e. California Grill, so that they'd know to pack something nice. (Tell them in advance that CG requiers you to be dressed up so there is no confusion) Then at the last minute tell them you switched their reservation to V&A's.

Upvote 0
Just a coat

Andy,

I went to Victoria and Albert's on my honeymoon at the end of last year. As a person who is pretty large...(ok, lets face it, folks, I'm fat)...they helped me out.

Don't worry about packing a suit for him...or even a coat. Just make sure he has a nice shirt, tie, pair of pants and shoes. Then when you let him know that he is goig to Victoria and Albert's, just tell him that they require a coat and that he can call a couple of days beforehand (and another time the day of to be sure) so that they will have a coat for him. (I wore a blue sport coat that they had for me...really nice).

Or if you can make the priority seating for them before their trip, call Victoria and Albert's for him and tell them to have a coat ready for him...now that would be nice.

Best of luck for your brother and may heaven smile on you for being so nice.

Wishing I was on my honeymoon again,

Johnny

Upvote 0

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for the great advice and kind words, I will let you all know what happens.

This proves once again that a great group of people interact and help each other out on the WDWMagic Boards.

Andrew

Upvote 0
Contact Pamat Kingdom Konsultants she does all that kindof stuff...and she can get you a great discount. Have his fiancee pack his suit in with her things. Good luck to you...
KRIS

Upvote 0

crazycalf

Jodi's Dad said:
I dont know if you will be able to get on such short notice. But try to get the Chefs Table for them. It books up fast but its worth a shot. Good luck and God Bless.

Not much of a chance of the chef's table, it books 120 or 180 days in advance, i'm not sure which and July is only 3 mths away. But there could be a cancelaction.

My wife sent her boss to V&A's for their 25th anniversary. She called dining and gave them her cc#. They asked if she wanted to put a limit for the meal and she said no. The bill came to over $400 I think. But they said it was the most romantic meal they ever had.

Upvote 0

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Update

WDW Cast members are the greatest!!!

WDW Dine set the whole thing up for me. They made arangments with V&A for the reservation and the payment options. (wasn't able to get the chefs table :cry: ). V&A called me back to confirm this and ask if there was anything special that I wanted to do for them. Then they transfered me to GF reception to leave a message for the newlyweds when they check in informing them of their dinner reservation. Everyone was super friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Just goes to show that great cms are 9/10 of the magic at WDW.

-Andrew

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom