Trip Report It was the best of times in the worst of times...

Hello All!
We're back from our October 2020 Disney trip, and a crazy time it was!

Like so many others whose trips were cancelled/delayed and changed, ours was too. A year ago before the world collapsed my husband wanted to have a big family blowout trip in November 2020. Our usual companions are my son 20, occasionally daughter 32 and her new husband. He also wanted (for whatever reason) to invite my mother and husband who profess to despise Disney, despite never having been there. His brother and wife, who live in NC and are so reluctant to travel they don't know the restaurants in their own town. He wanted to invite my sister, her husband and son, that he doesn't really spend any time with.🤷‍♀️ I said, "whatever dude" you invite and I'll figure it out.

Invitations went out and 2020 arrived. Our 2020 like many others has been a big pile of 💩 with one shining exception. So, I'm going to list from January to now in a purposely run-on sentence (paragraph) to get the years crap mentioned here and out of the way. It's meant to read fast and forget. The reason I'm going to go into our family's woes is some of this impacted our trip planning/scheduling.

January Scooby (our crazy loving dog) had to be put down and it was very traumatic February Gary's cancer worsened (those of you that have read my other reports know he is fighting stage 4 colon cancer) and they had to increase his chemo Gary gets both cataracts out right before Covid hits February I schedule the Poly for a crap ton of people that of course aren't coming March Seth gets kicked out of his college dorm in Savannah with the Covid shut down and in 48 hours finds an apartment we drive down 12 hours with a Uhaul trailer with donated furniture to help set him up looking like the Beverly hillbillies Aleisha my oldest gets laid off from her job as an interior designer in California due to Covid April we start volunteering at the local food bank because increasing volumes of people are hungry May Aleisha gets her job back and then looses it again due to Covid July I fall in the yard fracturing in multiple pieces my right (dominant) wrist requiring surgery September the day my daughter and her husband are getting ready to put a down payment on a house in California he gets laid off from his job as a lawyer due to Covid.

What, you say, could possibly be the shining exception? In the middle of that mess in April Aleisha and Julio called to tell us that we will be first time grandparents mid December! We're going to have a baby girl!

So, all of that crazy above resulted in my daughter and husband bailing on us for the November trip, and of course none of those in-laws, outlaws etc. were ever going to come, so we rearranged dates around my sons school schedule and planned for a trip in October, and said pooh to the rest of the invitees!

The people who actually ended up going were: Myself-Cindy, Husband-Gary, Son-Seth, Seth's friend from school-John
When: October 21-26th
Where: 1 night Rivera 1 bedroom Villa, and 4 nights at the Polynesian in a Bungalow
IMG_5556.JPG

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Great TR. Thanks again. Love the decorations. Merry Christmas and I personally would love to see baby pics. Travel safe.
Thank you for following along and humoring me with my Mickey "stuff"!
And I'll bet we have a "few" pictures to share! 🤣

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Thanks for the great report. Thankful that Gary was able to use the DAS pass. It sure helps. I have done the last several trips on a ECV since I wear a double upright brace on my right foot/ankle. Disney does it right as far as making sure they take care of their guests with disability issues. I have always been treated with respect and dignity from my encounters with CMs. Stay safe & have a Merry Christmas.
Glad you enjoyed! And yes that pass was a trip saver for sure. And Merry Christmas to you too!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
As I was reading your last few posts I was all set to post:

View attachment 517574

But the you said you were going to post baby pictures soon, so then I was:

View attachment 517575

I sincerely hope that you are able to be there for the baby’s birth 😊
You're hilarious!!!
And yes I hope to be able to be there also. But, she called us today to tell us her BIL that she saw at Thanksgiving (don't even get me going on that), just tested pos today. So, everything's even more up in the air!:mad:

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Original Poster
What does your cat do that you say he's crazy? My friend had a cat that jumped on my head from behind me...scared the bejeepers out of me. I called him "the Mad Catter".
She's a creeper, and the minute our dog was put down I saw her dancing up the steps with little maracas in her paws!
PLEASE post some baby pics of the new grandbaby when you get them!! Who doesn't love newborn cuteness??
I will definitely do that! Very excited!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I always love your reports. The snark and jabs are the best. I'm expecting lots of new baby pictures. I'll keep Gary in my thoughts and pray he continues to keep doing well.
Thank you so much for following along, I enjoy writing these and reading others as well!
And, thanks for the well wishes for Gary.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing! Love reading your reports and those Christmas decoration pics are right up my alley! I vote yes to baby pics as well!!!
Thank you for reading! I enjoyed your report also! When will we get another? The baby will be zipping along soon, right?
I will definitely find a photo or two to post, thanks!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
What a great trip and report! It's so nice to see you both having such a good time together 😍 I await the day I get to stay in one of those bungalows! Good luck getting to the baby!
Thank you very much, we do have fun when we aren't arguing!🤣
Fingers crossed this trip can happen. I am supposed to leave in 3 days.
And yes, the bungalows are wonderful and we are grateful to be able to stay there every once in awhile.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I enjoyed following along. Go Steelers!!
Thank you, and did you see the game tonight?!?:cry::cry::cry:
I blame it on finishing my TR before we locked in a playoff spot! (I'm very superstitious)!
I have an entire bin of Steeler ornaments and a little tree in my kitchen and the rule is they don't come out till we make the playoffs!
I was so hoping on doing that tonight!:mad::cry:

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I really enjoyed your report, except for the Steelers clothing and updates 😁 (Bengals fan here and we are beyond pathetic! 😁). Hope you get to travel for the baby's arrival. Prayers that Gary continues to do well! Looking forward to baby pictures!!
Ohh I see, Tigger, stripes I get it!🤣
Crossed fingers for the trip, and thanks for the prayers!
Baby pics to follow!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Thanks for the great trip report. I had to laugh at the old people selfie. I keep trying the senior selfie and never get them right.
So glad you had an enjoyable time. Hope you get to California for the baby's birth and all is well for you this Christmas time.
Even though I'm from Mn, I'm a Steelers fan! Go Steelers, shhhhhhh..............................don't tell anyone from Mn, LOL!
Thanks for following along! Love that, Senior Selfie, I'm going to steal that! We all need another trip so we can practice, right?!
Thanks and best wishes for a great holiday for you too!
(I'm guessing if you're the only one in black and gold in a sea of purple people might catch on)!🤣

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Actually the edible paper loosened whenever a utensil came into contact with it. It "melted" very easily (against a dessert or in your mouth). Not much taste to it.

I wondered why your macaroon was missing berries!

Episode 2 Barbara GIF by ABC Network

Tuvalu does. ;)

:( :arghh::cry:😫😔😢

sad shaving GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos
Sad Face GIF
sad tears GIF
Pop Tv Pout GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

sad pegboard nerds GIF by Monstercat
sad alice in wonderland GIF
Go ahead and tell them @Tuvalu !!!!

And I am clearly a novice in the gif and emoji department!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom