It Could Always Be Worse [CONCLUDED]

TheOriginalTiki

The Walt Disney Family Museum Proudly Presents: Walt Disney's NatureWalk, a Transformation of the San Francisco Botanical Gardens
1630468551636.png

naturewalk.png

Map by @TheOriginalTiki

Disclaimer: This concept is entirely fictional and does NOT represent any current or future plans from the actual Walt Disney Family Museum. I know that's kind of obvious, but I'm putting this here just to be safe since I used to work for them haha.

Located in the heart of Golden Gate Park, San Francisco's Botanical Garden has been delighting guests for generations upon generations. The 55 acre space hosts plant life from around the world in different themed biomes which take advantage of the uniquely foggy climate of the city by the bay.

In 2022, the Walt Disney Family Museum will partner with the gardens to transform the park into the Walt Disney Nature Walk. This will be a brand new public parkway which will transform the already immersive gardens into a fully themed space rivaling the immersion of the neighboring Japanese Tea Gardens.

Nature Walk will maintain a mix of iconic set-pieces like the Cloud Forest and Succulent Garden with brand new themed environment based on different eras of Walt Disney's life, blending together the already established "wonderland of nature's own design" with the over the top design philosophy that Walt prided himself in when designing Disneyland.

Backstory

The pandemic has hit San Francisco hard, and in response many museums and attractions are banding together to share their resources and build each other up. This was exactly the philosophy when the Botanical Gardens partnered with the Walt Disney Family Museum. With the museum being steps away from the Presidio Transit Mall, a convenient free shuttle was installed bringing guests from the the presidio district to the main parking complex of Golden Gate Park, about a block away from the Garden Walk entrance. The gardens remained opened year round as attractions and flourishes were installed, with construction taking place exclusively after park closing hours as to not interfere with the public space.

presidigo.jpg

In June of 2022, Phase One of the Nature Walk opened to the public with all the added flourishes to the gardens as well as the Disney Family Farm transformation of the green house. October 2022 saw the opening of the Carolwood Railway. Finally in Spring of 2023 the Nature Walk was complete with the opening of the Rock Candy Mountain family coaster.

It's worth noting the the Walt Disney family runs the museum and has an agreement with the Disney company to use any Walt-era IP. This deal will be extended into NatureWalk.

As mentioned earlier, much of the gardens will remain the same with small added flourishes such as hidden Mickeys embedded into the walkways and tiny details on things like lanterns, benches, and waste bins. The restrooms will be completely overhauled and the Friendship Gate across the street from the Tea Gardens will be closed off in order to accommodate the railway track. The following will be the major expansions and points of interest, following a loosely chronological representation of Walt Disney's life and legacy.

1900s - The green house in the back corner of the park will be transformed into the Disney Family Farm. It is here where guests will be able to tour a brick by brick recreation of Walt's childhood home in Marceline, MI. Local street artists will be brought on board to make spectacular farm animal portraits in the patch of soil grown specfiically next to the barn (now housing the greenhouse plants) will bring Walt's childhood mud-drawings full circle into full blown works of art.

xsodeartomyheart_waltandlilly_0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2joC2476f2.jpg

1920s - A full scale "Steamboat Willie" is docked at the man-made lake near the Friendship Gate and can be explored by guests of all ages. The area around the lake becomes the park's main picnic area and is dubbed "Timeless Lake". An animated Mickey Mouse AA stands proudly atop the tugboat enthusiastically whistling and steering. Statues of the other Fab Five can be seen tucked away in areas surrounding the lake. Minnie and Pluto having a picnic, Daisy and Donald in the middle of a wayward date, and Goofy selling popcorn. (To maintain the health of the plant-life, food and drink will be allowed in picnic areas but not sold within the park itself)

239205530_4532307323475061_5460566367870438647_n.jpg

Man-made lake in its current form. Photo by @TheOriginalTiki

1930s -The South American and South African gardens are transformed into Silly Symphony Parkway. These gardens were chosen to be given the Silly Symphony theme because of the distinctively colorful plant-life found within. All the plants will not be touched, but additional foliage will be brought in to pad out the already impressive displays. Naturally, Flowers and Trees will take on a big presence in this garden pathway with several characterized AA trees with limited animation blending into the environment.

240186096_4532304940141966_3500679319648330525_n.jpg

Example of the colorful plant life on display in the current gardens. Photo by @TheOriginalTiki

The Old Mill will also be a set piece located near the entrance to the parkway taking up a previously vacant patch of lawn. Inside the mill will be a small but immersive set-piece where guests can experience the famed storm that made the short such a harrowing piece of dialogue-free storytelling. Old school parlor tricks like Tiki Room rain windows and blowing fans/misters will make guests feel like they're truly there in this three minute walk-through experience.

Other Silly Symphony sight-gags like the houses of the Three Little Pigs, the graveyard from Dance of the Skeletons, a topiary sculpture of Ferdinand the Bull, and so much more. A walk through the Silly Symphony Parkway is sure to thrill and delight guests of all ages with timeless sights and sounds from an era of animation long since past.

1940s - Two of the garden's iconic Cloud Forests will be given Fantasia features. The cloud forest closest to the Friendship Gate at the highest point in the garden will be home to Bald Mountain, an impressive forced-perspective piece of man-made nature meant to seamlessly blend into the environment. Of course it wouldn't be Bald Mountain without a dramatic appearance from the Chernabog. An AA with limited movement (think the scale of a Fantasmic puppet) will emerge from the top of the mountain every 30 minutes for a three minute show. This AA will be the largest and most intimidating in the park and is sure to draw in fans of the film who have always wanted a more fulll scale representation of the iconic Disney villain.

The cloud forest closest to the Disney Family Farm, in one of the southern most tips of the park will be home to some very distinct Rite of Spring flourishes which will once again blend right into the environment. Fake rockwork will transform the area into the primordial wasteland from the classic segment, with statues of the T-Rex vs. Stegosaurus fight acting as a centerpiece.

pwp101328LARGE.jpg

1950s - The Australia and New Zealand gardens are a favorite of many, including myself. Located right near the Friendship Gate, this small walkway is right off the main path but immerses you with colorful and wild shaped trees that look straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. This is a perfect setting for Wonderland. Many elements from Alice's Labyrinth at Disneyland Paris will be brought over, but in keeping with the spirit of the rest of the park the nature will still take center stage.

239639449_4532306000141860_4969850385090297615_n.jpg

239532831_4532306106808516_5117409973947187926_n.jpg

Examples of how quirky the plant life in these gardens are. Photos by @TheOriginalTiki

1960s - If there's one area of the park that will be dramatically scaled back in order to provide the Disney Nature Walk with its signature "E-Ticket", it's the very open meadows which serve their purpose as a large scale public space but mess with the immersive flow of the rest of the side themed gardens and pathways. When wandering out from a themed garden back into the main concourse with the open lawns, it's hard not to be reminded the essentially the Botancial Gardens are more of a "public park" than a "themed space". That all changes with Rock Candy Mountain.
rcm238095SMALL.jpg

Rock Candy Mountain will serve as a monument to a Disneyland that never was. Utilizing a famous never-built concept, the attraction will take cues from Casey Jr's Circus Train but ramp up the thrill level to something more intense than said attraction but also more of a gateway coaster than Big Thunder.

Rock Candy Mountain will be built in a classic Silly Symphony artstyle and truly be made to look like a cartoon come to life. With vibrant gumdrop peaks, lollipop trees, and other candy concoctions, this will truly take on a new life of its own as the park's visual centerpiece. The attraction layout will be very similar to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, with a short coaster section followed by a dark ride section and ending in a slightly more thrilling coaster section. Much like Seven Dwarfs, the mountain will be constructed so that guests can walk all the way around it and get vantage points and photo ops from absolutely every angle.

The dark ride section will be much more simple than Seven Dwarfs and simply be a collection of sight-gags based on antrophamoric candy. Large scale gummy bears, chocolate bunnies, marshmallow Peeps, and many more will greet you in this short but oh so sweet indoor set-piece. You then travel up a 50 foot lifthill and careen down the side of the mountain on a thrilling trip back to the station. The trains will be designed to resemble mine carts but without the swinging action found on Seven Dwarfs.

239699703_4532305486808578_1861534469631984408_n.jpg

Open lawn area is roughly the footprint for Rock Candy Mountain. Photo by @TheOriginalTiki

Finally to tie everything together, the Carolwood Railway features a round trip around the park with stops at the main entrance and the Friendship Gate (which has now been transformed into a second train station). The Railway will be VERY MUCH built in the style of Walt's home railroad, complete with winding train tracks through the gardens. The train tracks will be easily crossed by guests and come equipped with safe and reliable blockades which come down every time a train passes. This is sure to add an over the top sense of kinetic energy to the park as a whole and brings Walt's dream of a themed space entirely full circle.
carolwood-pacific-railroad-26

Home-for-the-Holidays-at-Carolwood-installation-courtesy-The-Walt-Disney-Family-Museum-photo-by-Frank-Anzalone_5.jpg

Model of Walt Disney's backyard railroad found in a rotating exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum​

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

You finalists worked hard on these projects, so I thought would provide some (unsolicited) comments on them--both with respect to the location and the design features.

Lone Star Resort (Austin)
This park has good placement for weather considerations. Also, there isn’t a theme park in Austin, so there would probably be pent-up demand. The nearest theme parks are ZDT (it has a few thrill rides) and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio). I’m not aware of any personal connections of Walt to Austin, TX (not that there need to be any).
Between the three projects, yours is the “happy medium” in terms of size--about a third the size of Disneyland. The Campgrounds addition would make it more affordable for families, although it’s tough to imagine what rules would need to be in place while the park itself is open. I like the choices for the rides in Animation Studios! And job well done on the map!

Mickey Mouse Park (St. Louis)
St. Louis is a fitting location due to Walt’s background. Living in the midwest, I know that this part of the country is sometimes called “Flyover Country.” But St. Louis did hold a World’s Fair. It’s not too far from Chicago and Kansas City. The winter months can be cold and snowy in Missouri, which might limit the operational schedule. Six Flags over St. Louis, although not on the same level as Magic Mountain, does have a number of good coasters there. Also, East St. Louis is sort of seen as a dangerous part of the city. And an interesting part of the location is that people will be able to see The Arch inside the park. The location, though, does remind me of La Ronde in Montreal (which is on an island east of downtown).
Your lands and ride offerings are overall pretty ambitious (and probably not much smaller than the current Disney parks), so I guess it’s a big tribute to Walt! The different lands are a nice, new variation on the old themes (even the fonts in the land logos give character to the map). Like Tiki, I guess you had Candy Mountain in your eyes!

The Walt Disney Museum (San Francisco)
This location was well-chosen for Tiki’s strengths--his home turf and the fact that he used to work for the Walt Disney Family Museum. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo) is the major theme park nearby.
I like how you took a never built Disneyland idea (Rock Candy Mountain) and updated with new technology--in this case, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. I think this park with its focus on nature (plus fun) would be a great addition to Disney’s usual big theme park resume!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
You finalists worked hard on these projects, so I thought would provide some (unsolicited) comments on them--both with respect to the location and the design features.

Lone Star Resort (Austin)
This park has good placement for weather considerations. Also, there isn’t a theme park in Austin, so there would probably be pent-up demand. The nearest theme parks are ZDT (it has a few thrill rides) and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio). I’m not aware of any personal connections of Walt to Austin, TX (not that there need to be any).
Between the three projects, yours is the “happy medium” in terms of size--about a third the size of Disneyland. The Campgrounds addition would make it more affordable for families, although it’s tough to imagine what rules would need to be in place while the park itself is open. I like the choices for the rides in Animation Studios! And job well done on the map!

Mickey Mouse Park (St. Louis)
St. Louis is a fitting location due to Walt’s background. Living in the midwest, I know that this part of the country is sometimes called “Flyover Country.” But St. Louis did hold a World’s Fair. It’s not too far from Chicago and Kansas City. The winter months can be cold and snowy in Missouri, which might limit the operational schedule. Six Flags over St. Louis, although not on the same level as Magic Mountain, does have a number of good coasters there. Also, East St. Louis is sort of seen as a dangerous part of the city. And an interesting part of the location is that people will be able to see The Arch inside the park. The location, though, does remind me of La Ronde in Montreal (which is on an island east of downtown).
Your lands and ride offerings are overall pretty ambitious (and probably not much smaller than the current Disney parks), so I guess it’s a big tribute to Walt! The different lands are a nice, new variation on the old themes (even the fonts in the land logos give character to the map). Like Tiki, I guess you had Candy Mountain in your eyes!

The Walt Disney Museum (San Francisco)
This location was well-chosen for Tiki’s strengths--his home turf and the fact that he used to work for the Walt Disney Family Museum. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo) is the major theme park nearby.
I like how you took a never built Disneyland idea (Rock Candy Mountain) and updated with new technology--in this case, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. I think this park with its focus on nature (plus fun) would be a great addition to Disney’s usual big theme park resume!
Thanks, Priest!! I always appreciate your unsolicited feedback!! 😂☺️☺️

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Chapter 3: Project 2
REVIEWS

@Tegan pilots a chicken
Disney's Lone Star Resort

Starting off with location, Texas has often been rumored as the location for a third US Disney resort and has been the location of a number of park concepts. It's a fantastic choice for both of the reasons you mentioned - it's right between DL and WDW, and the weather is consistent.

An "overnight destination" sounds lovely. I am worried that the combined small capacity, lower priced tickets, and location may cause some overload and capacity problems, especially over the first year or two of the park's opening. Now, that is a problem you can't really avoid with a smaller park, and it's something that can be counteracted with a good reservation system (not that Disney's known for good reservation systems, but in theory). But because this park is petitioned more as a weekend/day trip type experience, reservations are less likely to be made too far in advance. Again, not really avoidable, but something to always be aware of on smaller parks, so that you can do everything possible to counteract it.

On to the layout of the park! Interesting shape! I'm sure it's not trying to communicate anything or hide a certain recognizable silhouette whatsoever. But in all seriousness the layout of the park is excellent. Easily navigable, well organized, and simple enough that losing your sense of direction isn't likely.

However, I am a little concerned about the slight bottleneck in the center of the park. This isn't really a true bottleneck, as I don't think it would affect guest flow too badly, and it appears that you've already considered how to counterbalance it, by adding multiple pathways through this area, but it does restrict sightlines somewhat.

Now lets actually head inside the park! The three lands fit well, and almost walk through Walt's life chronologically.

In-park campgrounds would be lovely! As @ThemeParkPriest pointed out, you didn't directly address logistics of having guests in the park overnight, but I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too complicated.

The Animation Studios! Finally, a Hollywood area done right! It's been mentioned before on this forum, but Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Fantasia all deserve dark rides, and that's what you've delivered! The Animation Academy is another brilliant addition, and sounds very similar to a concept I've been working on for a personal park project.

Ah. The World's Fair. You're quite right about this being a defining event in the history of Walt and WED, and it certainly deserves a land like this. This area is fairly self-explanatory when it comes to attraction offerings, but bonus points for including a PeopleMover.

Interesting choice of a Castle Theater instead of the usual walkthrough. The film sound like it would be similar to Get a Horse, and if done in a similar style would probably be a massive hit.

Overall, despite only a few nitpicks (and that's really what these reviews come down to at this point in the game), Lone Star Resort is an excellent park, and a wonderful tribute to the man who started it all.

@Outbound
Mickey Mouse Park

Putting the park in Missouri is a wonderful choice, obviously for the connections to Walt's life. You and Tegan had similar plans with a selection of smaller regional parks, and I think that in both cases the idea is excellent. Like DisneyQuest, but... good.

I'd like to address something right off the bat here that I think is more applicable to your park than to Tegan's or Tiki's. You mention the park being less hectic, with more of a focus on enjoying the park than rushing to do as much as possible. I think that's an excellent approach to a park like this, and it's very in-line with Walt's ideals when first conceptualizing Disneyland. He wanted it to be a place the whole family can enjoy, and you've very much accomplished that here.

When it comes to park layout, I think you've struck a good balance between being easily navigable and not being too simple or boring. (And I see that Hidden Mickey, you little jokester.)

Mickey Falls is honestly one of my favorite parts of this entire park. I think Disney Parks could use more water features, especially when, like this one, they actually contribute to the scenery. (I'm looking at you, giant Tomorrowland marble.)

A clocktower as the park icon! I think that while unconventional, this is an excellent choice. Easily visible, functional, and a bit magical.

I think the land choices are each good on their own, but together they feel just a bit repetitive. For instance, with Marceline, Old Town, and New Town, you have three separate towns. Each land is very good in its own right, but it feels like a bit much to have all of them in the same park. Perhaps New Town and Marceline could be combined or something similar, in order to streamline the lands a bit. Nothing major, but I thought I'd mention it, as I found it a bit hard to keep those three lands straight while reviewing this.

Marceline is the perfect small town entry land to the park. It does exactly what Main Street does at Disneyland, but in a slightly different way. The Mickey Mouse Express does an excellent job reminding guests of Walt's love of trains. (And thematically and logistically, I think the stops in Marceline and Old Town are good choices.)

I'd never heard of the Dreaming Tree, but now that I have it seems like the perfect thing to add to Marceline in the park. Everything else about Marceline is also excellent.

Moving onto The Glade. I would spend the majority of my time here. The views, the Swan Boats, all of it is a perfect centerpiece to the park.

A water spectacular! Yet another item that would be fantastic in any Disney Park, but especially one as small as this.

Toon Junction is honestly just a much better version of ToonTown. The attraction selection is well-rounded, the entertainment is fun, and the theming incorporates the various Mickeys of the past well.

Storybookland seems like a lovely area. The lighting effects, serene atmosphere, and low-key offerings make this a good area overall. Candy Mountain, while smaller than the original concept, would still fulfill my wish for that attraction to find its way to a Disney Park someday.

While I'm not a big Frontierland fan, I can appreciate the edutainment aspect of Old Town. The street show and Wagon Ride Thru Nature's Wonderland are lovely.

New Town in many ways to me feels like a way to honor Disneyland. Just echoing the classic Main Street atmosphere is a formula for success on its own. The international influence is a unique aspect of the area, though, and reminds me a bit of TDL's World Bazaar. The Trolley is a fun way to get around and fits perfectly in both New Town and the World's Fair. Excellent job here.

Finally, the World's Fair. Like Tegan's area, this is a must-have in a park devoted to Walt's legacy.

Aside from the World's Fair attractions, The Tower of the Four Winds is another worthy, often-forgotten inclusion! Dreams of Tomorrow is one of my favorite parts of the entire park, and a way to preserve the vision of EPCOT for generations to come. Nuff said.

@TheOriginalTiki
Walt Disney's NatureWalk

This is by far the most unvconventional of the three submissions. It's a very, very unique concept, and nonetheless one that works. Like Outbound, you focus more on the relaxing, enjoy-the-experience feel.

I honestly couldn't find a whole lot to critique in this project. While detail level was a bit lower than the other two submissions, I'm doing my best to judge the submissions based on the concepts, not the length of the projects.

The childhood home recreation is lovely, and the animal portraits are a fitting callback to the mud drawings, as you mentioned. I feel like often not much attention is paid to the earliest parts of Walt's life, so this area is greatly appreciated.

The Steamboat Willie scene is one of my favorite parts of your submission. Though small, it would make for a lovely photo op.

Silly Symphony Parkway is great. The beginning Flowers and Trees segment feels a little underwhelming, but The Old Mill is a highlight of the experience, coupled with the sight-gags.

Bald Mountain would be an amazing sight, and I wish you had gone into a bit more detail on the three minute show. A very impressive area to be sure.

Rock Candy Mountain! I do believe I prefer this version to Outbounds, but each one fits its respective park well. I do appreciate the mention of the Silly Symphony art style. The dark ride portion is especially lovely, coupled with the obligatory Smellitzers.

The Carolwood Railroad, in my opinion, does the best job of memorializing Walt's love of trains of the various railroads in these three projects.​

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
FINAL RESULTS
What a competition it has been. We made it through, though! Congratulations to all three finalists for making it this far. All three of you went above and beyond what the prompt asked for, and all three of these projects are fantastic. I wouldn't mind seeing them expanded on in the future outside of competitions!

Third Place
@TheOriginalTiki
Fitting to your username, your project was very original and unique. Ultimately, you made a big gamble, and it just didn't pay off quite as well as it could have. The main reason your project was third place was that I felt it didn't do quite as good a job at honoring Walt, the focus of the prompt. While you paid a good deal of tribute to Disney's history in the Walt era, not much focus was on Walt himself, aside from the childhood home and the railroad. However, this was still an amazing project that you should be proud of! Congratulations on third place!

Second Place
@Tegan pilots a chicken
Tegan, your project was fantastic. The layout, location, lands, in-park camping, and more made this an excellent project. However, ultimately a compilation of minor nitpicks gave you second place. Sightlines, worries about how to deal with capacity, and a bit of a lack of content compared to the first place winner ultimately held you back from first place. Nonetheless, this is an amazing park, and there's nothing in the rules preventing you from adding it to the Chaos-Verse if you so desire! Congratulations on second place!

It Could Always Be Worse Champion
@Outbound
I feel slightly guilty for giving Outbound first place on his second competition within a week, but I guarantee that that had nothing to do with it, and it was based entirely on his project's merits.

Outbound, your park was fantastic in almost every way. There were only a couple of things I could find to criticize with it. Everything else was top-notch. Fantastic job, Outbound! Congratulations on becoming the first ever ICABW Champion!

Stay tuned for the epilogue and official conclusion of the competition!​

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
EPILOGUE

"We did it!" shouts Coulson. "You guys saved the multiverse! The Boss himself wants to congratulate you. One moment while I connect him."

Moments later, a very familiar voice comes through.

Michael Eisner has joined the call.

"Hey, guys."

"YOU" yells @Tegan pilots a chicken

"You closed Horizons!"
"You cancelled WestCOT!"
"You gave us Superstar Limo!"

"WAIT!" yells Eisner. "That wasn't me. You don't know the whole story."

"What, there was a walking, talking, company-running A-A clone of you?" asks @Outbound

"I had no choice. They were in complete control. They infiltrated WED, the board, the whole company. They've been taking us down from the inside out for years. They influenced all of my decisions; they influenced all of Iger's decisions; Chapek is their puppet."

"Who?" asks @TheOriginalTiki

"It was... it wa-"

iu.gif

"Something's wrong. Somebody's disconnected us from Eisner," Coulson informs us. "Wait, hold on. We're receiving one more transmission. It's distorted, but I think we can read the file."

Outbound

Wow! I honestly wasn't expecting this lol! Thank you so much @MickeyWaffleCo.! This game was amazing! I loved all the prompts, especially the lemon rounds! 🍋🍋🍋

And big props to everyone else playing in the finals and semifinal (those were some intense rounds) -- even when the activity started to die down due to other comps or busy summers, including me near the midgame, there was always someone in the cast trying their hardest this game. I'd definitely be down for a Season 2 at some point, ideally perhaps during a less busy time on the forums. I think this concept has huge potential, and I'm super pleased by how epic the semifinals and finals were!

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Well, this just gives me more fuel for The Imaginarium, haha ;) Well done, @Outbound and @Tegan pilots a chicken. I had some vlog elements that I wanted to include in my project but just didn't have time to properly edit.

Other than that I knew I was taking a risk with doing a park that essentially only had two attractions. I was hoping the realism of having it connected to the museum would make it stand out, but at any rate I'm very happy with the 3rd place finish. This game was a great "coming out of hiatus" warm-up for me! :)

Has there ever been anyone other than @Outbound who has won two consecutive comps in a row? No need to feel bad, you absolutely rocked it! 🤟👊

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Other than that I knew I was taking a risk with doing a park that essentially only had two attractions. I was hoping the realism of having it connected to the museum would make it stand out, but at any rate I'm very happy with the 3rd place finish.
At first I was incredibly impressed by you using the Family Museum (I never would’ve come up with that), but then I started thinking about it, and the Family Museum doing it technically makes it a non-Disney park, in my book. In addition, some of the aspects of your park feel less realistic. I personally can’t see the Family Museum doing an E-ticket coaster like Rock Candy Mountain, but maybe that’s just me.

Outbound

Well, this just gives me more fuel for The Imaginarium, haha ;) Well done, @Outbound and @Tegan pilots a chicken. I had some vlog elements that I wanted to include in my project but just didn't have time to properly edit.

Other than that I knew I was taking a risk with doing a park that essentially only had two attractions. I was hoping the realism of having it connected to the museum would make it stand out, but at any rate I'm very happy with the 3rd place finish. This game was a great "coming out of hiatus" warm-up for me! :)

Has there ever been anyone other than @Outbound who has won two consecutive comps in a row? No need to feel bad, you absolutely rocked it! 🤟👊
Your project is super inspired! I visited Golden Gate Park for the first time this Sunday, and placing a small, non-intrusive theme park / GardenWalk in there is an awesome idea!

TheOriginalTiki

Your project is super inspired! I visited Golden Gate Park for the first time this Sunday, and placing a small, non-intrusive theme park / GardenWalk in there is an awesome idea!
I'd definitely be curious for you to visit the Botanical Gardens themselves with my park layout in mind and see what you'd think and how realistically it'd flow together :)

@MickeyWaffleCo. totally fair criticisms. My concept is absolutely NOT a Disney park, and it's barely even a proper theme park haha. Like I said, I was going for more of a "themed space" approach but it's absolutely valid if it went outside the lines of what you were wanting for the prompt. :) And yea, the realism was a bit much but with Rock Candy Mountain I really wasn't intending it to have the scale of a proper Disney Park E-Ticket. I was visualizing something more like a slightly more high scale Storybook Land and probably could have communicated that better in the text.

Outbound

Wait, I just realized something really funny. I never lost once this entire game.
  • Round 1: I got first place
  • Round 2: I got first place
  • Round 3: Team Blair won first (my team)
  • Round 4: Team Blair won first (my team)
  • Round 5: No winning team was decided, so nobody won or lost
    • (tbh, I'd personally give this one to Tiki's team for his phenomenal video presentation, but officially no winners were decided)
  • Round 6: Everyone was on one team, so everyone won
    • (even though I only contributed through brainstorming this round lol)
  • Round 7: No first place given, but I was one of the three advancing finalists
  • Round 8: I won
I need to speak to my lawyer on if I accidentally sold my soul to some spirit in exchange for ridiculously good luck in this game

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom