Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm really late and just catching up, but just have to say...
AMEN AMEN AMEN. It's rough right now.
I fear this year’s Flower and Garden Festival will be like putting lipstick on a pig.....

AMAZING, AMAZING DESSERTS!! :geek::geek::geek::geek: We have only gotten close to Les Halles once, every other time we go in there, it's so slammed, we end up going to the French Gelato line(where there's never much of a line) and now we have the crepe place to look forward to! :angelic: I feel like I pack my patience more for food and merch lines than ride lines when I go. That seems to be where it's needed the most, the food lines; though I'm hoping mobile ordering helps with that!
There’s no mobile ordering at Les Halles but those desserts are worth the wait. :hungry: As for mobile ordering in general, it’s great.....when it works. 😉

Your bread descriptions always make me hungry! 😋

I love the baguettes from Les Halles!, so much so, that sometimes I buy a plain one and just spread butter onto each piece I break.
One of my biggest fears is developing a gluten allergy!
Baguettes are the best. With butter, of course.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know it's a very simple sandwich, but my God is it good! Have either you or Woody ever tried the croissant version of it that they have?
We haven’t, since we are more baguette than croissant people. Besides, why take the risk?! :hilarious:
I’m interested in hearing your thoughts if you’ve tried it.

How funny that the France pavillon has plastic straws, as more and more places in France are banning them.
Where do you think those straws came from.......:cautious:

What an absolutely beautiful weather day with no crowds to stroll through the WS!!! I'm not sure that I've ever seen France's Les Halles that empty before! I enjoyed flying over the construction at Epcot to see how much they've accomplished! Can't wait for some WL pictures. :)
Les Halles was the emptiest I’ve ever seen it. One reason could have been that since Impressions de France was closed for remodeling, there wasn’t the “crowd dump” into Les Halles after a showing.
There will be plenty of WL pics to come! (Spread out over several posts because I did not take them all at the same time.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, con’t

Upon exiting the Skyliner station, Woody and I took a walk around the shores of Hourglass Lake. We took the long route to our vehicle thanks to the perfect weather. We were about to climb in the car when my phone buzzed with the “room ready” text.

Hooray! Now we could dump everything at our home base before traveling to park #2.

29AF9DAA-5F85-46AD-A033-475FC4AD8AE8.jpeg

Home ❤.

Thanks to a post on this site a few days earlier, I knew that the WL was completely decorated for Christmas. (Did you get to see it on your trip, @MissViv?) My FOMO was gone! Yet upon entering the lobby, this wonderful beauty still took my breath away.....

8A9C3890-C185-4651-B9A2-5F86E0C337D8.jpeg

(There’s the tree, Em! Right where it’s supposed to be!)

Star gazing would have to wait since we had already missed FP #1 and were cutting it close to FP #2. Up the elevator we went.

Room interior was same old, same old.

3581E277-FBBD-4058-B186-3DCDA2FEE262.jpeg

As was the view. 😉

5F927E2E-39AA-4FD1-94E4-B942A1F199F8.jpeg

2ECA9528-4D60-492B-8534-7917CA36D3C3.jpeg

We did a quick unpack and headed for the bus stop.

906D3B35-A29C-4E3A-881B-266D7B39F740.jpeg

Betcha can’t guess where we were going.

MissViv

I honestly can't remember if the tree was up at WL (I think it was). I remember thinking the gingerbread house was tiny!

You have a great view of the castle from your room, should be able to see the fireworks.

Wish they would upgrade the rooms, I think they look kinda drab but I love the resort!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
You're making me homesick! WL is my fav. Currently missing Disney so much and we haven't been welcomed home to WL since 2014.
I dream of one day seeing this in person. Simply beautiful.
November/December 2020? You owe it to yourself! You’ve been so patient, girl!

Wish they would upgrade the rooms, I think they look kinda drab but I love the resort!
The rooms were supposed to be refurbished TWO years ago! Not sure what has caused the delay.
But our fireworks view sure made up for the “drab” room. :happy:

I love the lobby at WL all the time but around the Christmas holiday season it's truly spectacular! Love the view from your balcony!!!
Ditto x2!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The rooms were supposed to be refurbished TWO years ago! Not sure what has caused the delay.
But our fireworks view sure made up for the “drab” room.

Haven't they focused on all the DVC areas instead at WL? Not pleased about that, but I think the effort has been put there the past few years. :cautious:

MissViv

November/December 2020? You owe it to yourself! You’ve been so patient, girl!

But our fireworks view sure made up for the “drab” room. :happy:

Ditto x2!
So sorry for calling your room "drab". Hope I didn't offend you, WL is a great resort. We have stayed there many times but not in the last few years. I LOVE Contemporary & Poly (of course) but they are usually out of our price range now.

Was looking at adding one more night to my trip in March (solo) at the contemporary and going to MK & Epcot (solo) for 2 days but it would add $700+ to my trip. It would be a nice end to my 3 night trip and I could go at my own pace. I may do it!! LOL

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So sorry for calling your room "drab". Hope I didn't offend you, WL is a great resort. We have stayed there many times but not in the last few years. I LOVE Contemporary & Poly (of course) but they are usually out of our price range now.

Was looking at adding one more night to my trip in March (solo) at the contemporary and going to MK & Epcot (solo) for 2 days but it would add $700+ to my trip. It would be a nice end to my 3 night trip and I could go at my own pace. I may do it!! LOL
Oh no offense taken at all! Sometimes it is hard to tell someone’s tone through the written word. The WL rooms definitely need a refresh (although I hope they do not make them generic which seems to be the way all resort rooms are headed.)

As for adding that night at the Contemporary? You only live once. 😉

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Haven't they focused on all the DVC areas instead at WL? Not pleased about that, but I think the effort has been put there the past few years. :cautious:
Once the DVC rooms were complete (which they were over two years ago) the regular rooms were supposed to start refurbs in early 2018.

But you know I am a big fan of the new improvements to the pool and outdoor bar/food!

We visited WL for the first time on our last trip for Artist Point and I told DH that staying at Wilderness Lodge is on my bucket list but it has to be at Christmas time. He said “let’s do it”, so I have it penciled in for Christmas season 2021 (it’s normal to plan Disney trips 2-3 years out right?)
Perfectly normal. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom