ISTCrew's January 3rd WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Yep Yep...Another update...

I went to the parks with Kenan and Tifani today. We started at MK, and the first ride we did was Splash Moutain, and which an "unfortunate" incident occured:lol: :lol: :lol: ...but anyway,

--In Philharmagic, they have hung big chandeliers up over the area where you wait to get into the theater.
--The Christmas Decorations, and tree are still up.
--On our way to City Hall, to report the "unfortunate" incident , and we saw the hands from the clock, on top of the building were missing...

Anyone wanna know what this "unfortunate" incident was?...WELL...Ms. Tifani was steppin into the Splash Mountain log, and her cell phone fell right in the water, and Kenan and I were crackin' up, and she was just in disbeleif. It was in the little space inbetween the loading dock and the boat, and Tifani's phone just sunk right to the bottom!

Then we went to Pop Century and played around in the arcade. Tifani and I played basketball while Kenan played Skeeball, and then we went "ticket shopping" to see what we could get. Tifani and Kenan got these clicky things :rolleyes: ...and I got 2 neon braceletes, that were the some color as Tifani's balls!!:lol: :lol:

--Nothing big at PC, except the slushie machine was broken.

then we went to AKL, and just looked around in there.

Then we were off to Epcot to see the last showing of Food Rocks. We got there a little early, so we did WOL, Living Seas (with the Nemo stuff I have never seen before and I really liked it) Figment, and Ice Station Cool. Tifani was the one who threw up from the Beverly Drinking Contest this time.

--At Ice Station Cool, the Fanta still isnt working.

and we also went and saw the very last showing of Food Rocks EVER (to the public)...

We were waiting for forever, and we were all tired, but we made it. We looked around in the area where you smell the foods and the other room and took lots of pictures. We walked into the theater, got Front Row seats, and enjoyed the last showing. All 3 of us were clapping, and I had to do my Pita Gabriel "Sallllllad" arm slide...nevermind.....Anyway, the theater wasnt even half full, but some of the people that were there knew it was the last showing. We started clapping on everything, and other people followed lol. We boo'ed when the Junk Came up, and it was alot of fun. Johnathan did the final announcement, which he did a REAL good job with...he sounds like a gameshow host lol. Sadly, that was FOR SURE, the very last day it was open to the public. Its gone now, to make way for Soarin...

and speaking of Soarin...

--You can see some of the show building when your walking over to that side of the park. They have 2 cranes on the site now, and its a big building to house all that.

I think thats it...I'll post the pictures soon

:D

dxwwf3

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Johnathan did the final announcement, which he did a REAL good job with...he sounds like a gameshow host lol.

Oh goodness I know exactly the guy you are talking about. If he doesn't work in radio or do voice work for commercials and stuff than it would be a shame :lol: He's great.

Did he say anything special about the show and it's closure?

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Kenan
how do you know jonathan?

I don't KNOW him. He was just working there when we were at Food Rocks a couple of weeks ago. And how in the world could you forget his voice :)

Testtrack321

Yep Yep...Another update...

I went to the parks with Kenan and Tifani today. We started at MK, and the first ride we did was Splash Moutain, and which an "unfortunate" incident occured:lol: :lol: :lol: ...but anyway,

--In Philharmagic, they have hung big chandeliers up over the area where you wait to get into the theater.
--The Christmas Decorations, and tree are still up.
--On our way to City Hall, to report the "unfortunate" incident , and we saw the hands from the clock, on top of the building were missing...

Anyone wanna know what this "unfortunate" incident was?...WELL...Ms. Tifani was steppin into the Splash Mountain log, and her cell phone fell right in the water, and Kenan and I were crackin' up, and she was just in disbeleif. It was in the little space inbetween the loading dock and the boat, and Tifani's phone just sunk right to the bottom!

Then we went to Pop Century and played around in the arcade. Tifani and I played basketball while Kenan played Skeeball, and then we went "ticket shopping" to see what we could get. Tifani and Kenan got these clicky things :rolleyes: ...and I got 2 neon braceletes, that were the some color as Tifani's balls!!:lol: :lol:

--Nothing big at PC, except the slushie machine was broken.

then we went to AKL, and just looked around in there.

Then we were off to Epcot to see the last showing of Food Rocks. We got there a little early, so we did WOL, Living Seas (with the Nemo stuff I have never seen before and I really liked it) Figment, and Ice Station Cool. Tifani was the one who threw up from the Beverly Drinking Contest this time.

--At Ice Station Cool, the Fanta still isnt working.

and we also went and saw the very last showing of Food Rocks EVER (to the public)...

We were waiting for forever, and we were all tired, but we made it. We looked around in the area where you smell the foods and the other room and took lots of pictures. We walked into the theater, got Front Row seats, and enjoyed the last showing. All 3 of us were clapping, and I had to do my Pita Gabriel "Sallllllad" arm slide...nevermind.....Anyway, the theater wasnt even half full, but some of the people that were there knew it was the last showing. We started clapping on everything, and other people followed lol. We boo'ed when the Junk Came up, and it was alot of fun. Johnathan did the final announcement, which he did a REAL good job with...he sounds like a gameshow host lol. Sadly, that was FOR SURE, the very last day it was open to the public. Its gone now, to make way for Soarin...

and speaking of Soarin...

--You can see some of the show building when your walking over to that side of the park. They have 2 cranes on the site now, and its a big building to house all that.

I think thats it...I'll post the pictures soon

:D

What's that on your t-shirt? It looks like rock concert movements.

Wait, so Disney made a bad move by closing an attraction that didnt even fill to 50% on its last showing? I have been on Food Rocks during peak times and never had more that 15 people with me in the theatre.

General Grizz

Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
Wait, so Disney made a bad move by closing an attraction that didnt even fill to 50% on its last showing? I have been on Food Rocks during peak times and never had more that 15 people with me in the theatre.

I didn't say that CLOSING it was a bad move. I'm saying they should have advertised the last show.

(Anyways, I STILL don't think the theater should be removed for a gift shop.)

Expo_Seeker40

I remember food rocks back in the day. We did that before we did that revolving restaurant at the land, and my little sister was talking to her lunch. LMAO. It wasn't packed, but I got a kick out of this group of orientals taking pictures and gawking at the theater. I know it's unfortunate. but I still think your quote was funny grizz. " I'd hate to see you turn into a gift shop."

General Grizz

Originally posted by Expo_Seeker40
my little sister was talking to her lunch. LMAO.

"I HAD TO SIT THROUGH HEARING YOU! NOW YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!"

*crunch*

:lookaroun

(Hey! It's a good way to get kids to eat their veggies! :lol: )

I really liked Food Rocks, but I think people these days are wanting something more thrilliing when they wait in line for an attraction. But I'm not sure just exactly how you could have a thrilling ride involving the food groups. :confused: I'm afraid it's time has come and gone. I love your posts 1stCrew, thanks for sharing your trips. :)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by OnWithTheShow

I dont know when you went, but mostly every time Ihave gone during the day, it has 3/4 full, if not all the way filled up.

Grizz, I think it was better the way it was, instead of a whole big crowd. It was about 40 people total, and one guy was a GIANT Food Rocks fan...he videotaped every square inch, from the lobby, to the show. I enjoyed the way it was, because the 3 of us were louder than anyone in there, and we started the clapping to the beat of all the songs...sad to see it go:(

TiNkErBeLl05

:sohappy: HEY WHAT'S UP..IT'S ME TIFANI...I WOULD SAY I HAD A GREAT TIME YESTERDAY....BUT I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I DROPPED MY PHONE N THE WATER...THE GUY AT SPLASH MOUNTAIN SAID IT WAS A GONER:( ...BUT NE/WAYZ...I'M SO SAD 2 C FOOD ROCKS GO..I FELL IN LOVE WITH THAT SHOW WHEN I FIRST SAW....IT WAS NICE 2 C THE LAST "PUBLIC" SHOWING...I WOULD SAY ME,PATRICK, N KENAN WERE THE MOST ENTHUSIASTIC PEOPLE THERE..IT WAS FUN.....
UNTIL NEXT TIME....

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by TiNkErBeLl05
:sohappy: HEY WHAT'S UP..IT'S ME TIFANI...I WOULD SAY I HAD A GREAT TIME YESTERDAY....BUT I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I DROPPED MY PHONE N THE WATER...THE GUY AT SPLASH MOUNTAIN SAID IT WAS A GONER:( ...BUT NE/WAYZ...I'M SO SAD 2 C FOOD ROCKS GO..I FELL IN LOVE WITH THAT SHOW WHEN I FIRST SAW....IT WAS NICE 2 C THE LAST "PUBLIC" SHOWING...I WOULD SAY ME,PATRICK, N KENAN WERE THE MOST ENTHUSIASTIC PEOPLE THERE..IT WAS FUN.....
UNTIL NEXT TIME....

And thats Tifani....:lol:

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by TiNkErBeLl05
UNTIL NEXT TIME....

Yaaay! Welcome to the boards Tifani! :D

Skippy

your so lucky to have seen the last FR show, and also to live so close to WDW. Unfortunate for myslef, my ancestors had to decide to live in Wisconsin :cry: :cry: ....BTW Go PacKErs!!

SkipKid

-i'm still waiting for show pictures!

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by SkipKid
your so lucky to have seen the last FR show, and also to live so close to WDW. Unfortunate for myslef, my ancestors had to decide to live in Wisconsin :cry: :cry: ....BTW Go PacKErs!!

SkipKid

-i'm still waiting for show pictures!

Iwasnt gonna post them because I just took pictures of what everyone has seen many times before

General Grizz

Iwasnt gonna post them because I just took pictures of what everyone has seen many times before

Understandable. . . but I would like to talk to you on AIM one day anyway...just when you're on. :)

HI, TIFANI! :wave: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom