ISTCrew's January 31'st WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
What a crazy, crazy day. Tifani, Jason and I were at AK til 3, then went to MK to meet up with Kenan. Then all 4 of us went to PC...Here is the news around the resort:

--I guess the Everest construction is going good. I didnt see any of the track that people said they had seen, but i did notice that there was an orange school bus on the site today, not to mention, ALOT of activity...people everywhere!
--In FOTLK, the fire-twirler wasnt in the showing we saw. They also got all 4 floats OFF the stage, and wouldnt let anyone up out of their seats until the floats were backstage. Last time we saw the show, they let us walk past the floats.
--We went and got our free Lion King 1 1/2 ap lanyard. Nothing special...but, its free!

And thats about it for AK...But what do ya know, on the same bus we were on, Wannabebelle from the boards was on the same bus. She didnt say anything til we got off, but we chatted on the way to the monorail...Nice Meetin ya! We also called up Alex (1stStarICTonight) from the boards. It was nice talkin to ya alex...I hope you enjoyed Splash Mountain over the phone!

Then we met up with Kenan, and did MK...

Not much here except...
--The Splash Mountain painting is going good. They have the top of the mountain, and the area near the "Briar Patch" shop all done. I didnt realize how badly it needed to be painted until I saw it.
--All 4 of us seemed the think they slowed Aladdin's Carpets WAYYYY down. It seemed to go so slow, but it might of been because of the weather...
--The Timekeeper, AND THE SHOP, ARE CLOSED!
--They also took down all the signs that used to be on the post as you walk into TL...The "TTA" and "Tomorrowland Police" and all those signs are now taken down.
--Ropes were set up all over Main Street. Dunno what for though.

And yea, thats it. I can tell y'all the stories from things that happend today, but Im gonna keep this update just news. Even though Tifani ended up jumping in the Pop Century pool, fully clothed...Wow...it was fun, pics up soon:D

1stStarIC2nite

Awesome update, Pat. :D

Hehehehe.. the phone convo today was alot of fun. And hearin Splash on the phone was soooo kewl, lol. I wish I was there today :( Oh well.. thanks for the call and all... twas awesome... thanks :-D (that was the only fun part about my day, btw)

Omg. I still fall outof my chair laughing when I think of the pool thing.. hehehehehe.

Like always, your updates rock :D Grrreat job!

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by stingrock23
Great update.

I wonder why the Tomorrowland signs were taken down.

To get rid of every reference to Tomorrowland as we know it ... Or just to get painted lol...

Woody13...all 4 of us had our clackers out today. Im just gonna steer clear of the clacker stories in the updates now...

and pictures are up...the entire first page is all new pictures!:D

mikeb_86

Man what is going on down thare with timekeeper closed ant he soposde to be open and thouse signs are thay when you come in by the restrount next to the winding path? And whats with the rope on Man street, any cm's know anything about this? Great update i enjoy your updates now if you all excuse me i got to go get some sleep got to work tomarow!!! Post more pics.

Later all,
mikeb_86

Superbowl 38 Tomarow then its the All Star Survivor Yea Super Sunday!!!

Woody13

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Woody13...all 4 of us had our clackers out today. Im just gonna steer clear of the clacker stories in the updates now...

Well, I don't blame you in consideration of the previous flack you had to endure. :animwink: We're coming down to see WDW in a few short days and I'll have my ears perked up for the clackers!:sohappy: Thanks again for your update!

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by General Grizz
Love the Tifani picture. . . :lol:

Did she go to the Zora Neale Hurston Festival? I saw someone there who looked like her. :)

Hahaha...riiiiiiight lol...nope, wasnt her...

btw, you're getting VERY creative with you're avatars now Grizz haha...

Im going to bed tonight, but I wanted to bring up a problem we encountered tonight...STREET PEDDLERS AT DTD!!! (like them freaks on the side of the NY streets!) I'll explain tomorrow

Defend10

With the weather here the past couple of days, you might as well have been in the Pop century pool this afternoon. Of course, I've been working inside for 2 weeks now, but the one day I get scheduled outside, bam, it rains for quite a lengthy time. Oh well :cry: if you don't like rain, don't move to central FL!

I need to get back in to see Splash, it's always good to see the best MK attraction getting it's much deserved attention. Hopefully the inside will see some too, after all, it's been a few years since I've been lucky enough to see the hopping brer rabbit running. A couple of days after you posted it was running a few months ago, I went to see it, it was down again.

MagicalMonorail

Great update and great pictures. I notcied the return of the clacker. What was up with that dinosaur chracter you have a pic with? Next time you go to MK, can you get a picture of the TTA for me? I'm not sure why, but I'm having a nostalgia moment. Thanks for the update.

DisneySaint

Great update and pictures.
I sound like a broken record saying that. Keep us posted on the Tommorowland, stuff. I swear if they even THINK about taking down TTA I'm personally going over there and :fork: .

aim

Nice update Patrick! I too would like to know more about the ropes on Main Street. At first I just thought it was for a parade or something. But who knows.

Covnut

This is the sign he is talking about...
pic158.jpg

TiNkErBeLl05

Hey everyone...I would say I or we had a great time at WDW.Even tho I jumped in a pool and came out frezzing.But I had a great time...Also if your ever at P.I. you should stop by that pretzel place and get a pepperoni twist there the best...but anyways...good update Patrick.

mm52200

is it just or does that lion king 1 and a half thing look exactly like the old float in the magical moments parade:confused:

Lee

Adventurer
Nice job.
I think I've got a plan....
I'm gonna be in the parks next weekend, so maybe I'll keep an eye out for Patrick doing an update. I'll get a photo of him taking a photo....an update of an update!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom