ISTCrew's February 14th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I have another great update for your viewing pleasure:lol: ...Today, I went with a new face you guys haven't seen before. I went with my childhood friend Josh. He had never been to Animal Kingdom, so we decided to go. We are always constantly fighting, because he prefers Universal over Disney, and Im the other way around, but he was VERY impressed by Animal Kingdom, so much so that it is now his favorite park. ANYWAYS, we did AK and MK today, so we'll start with AK...

--Triceratop Spin is indeed closed. Green construction walls are up all around it, with the "Triceratops" all in the up position. On the wall, is a dinosaur hammering away, and it says " 'Scuse our dust, but build we must". The top of the "top" was raised, and you could see all the machinery inside.
--In the biggest mistake of the day, we took a "spin" (ahaha) on Kali. I say it was the biggest mistake, cuz out of all the seats on the otherwise empty boat, we picked the one that got the waterfall just in the right spot, and we were both drenched for the rest of the day. Anyways, we got to get another really close view of the new Everest buildings. One looks almost complete. It's brick, and had a ladder going up one side.
--Speaking of Everest, nothing new. Construction is still proceeding, but the cranes are still not on site any more.
--We went on the Safari, and we saw the new baby elephant, Tufani (too funny is the way our driver pronounced it)...Chris, we asked and waited for you, but I guess your lunch was more important:lol:
--KENAI (from Brother Bear)!!! WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT?!!!:lol: (I think I know)...
--Fastpass for TTBAB, and Kali were both up today. They haven't been up and running all day for a while.
--They now play The Lion King 1 1/2 soundtrack, instead of the normal soundtrack, in front of the park, by the LK float.
--Lines in the park were pretty much non existent, except for the Safari, which was running about an hour/45 mins. Lines to get into the park were crazy. The toll plaza, and turnstiles were both backed up VERY far.

That's pretty much it for Animal Kingdom, so we'll just skidaddle on over to Magic Kingdom...

But before we get there, I wanna make sure EARL gets the recognition he deserves. EARL was our bus driver, from Coronado to MK. EARL was great, and his voice and tone were awesome. He definitely deserves two GIANT thumbs up for keeping the magic real. Good job EARL...

At Mk...

--I can confirm that both Share a Dream Come True parade, and SpectroMagic are still making their rounds at Magic Kingdom. Wishes is also scheduled every night this week.
--The "Gossip phone", hidden away on Main Street, was not operational today.
--We stopped in at the candy shop, and I bought the new "sour CHARACTER Gummys"...to try them out, since they discontinued my favorite candy, "Sour MICKEY ears"...They were ok. I also bought an "Every Flavor, Where Magic Lives" lollipop. Once you get past the Nyquil flavor on the outside, it actually tastes really good. I can't tell you what the inner flavors taste like, cuz it fell on the ground before I could get to them.
--Speaking of Junk, when I was at the ice cream cart, I noticed it had a small computer on the side, and everytime someone would order something, she would tap it. Either a tracking device or register of some sort.
--Still nothing new with Stitch...Windows are still blacked out. The windows on the TTA, that looked into Star Traders were also blocked.
--A lot of new Splash Mountain news...
---The whole top of the mountain was finished with the paint job.
---They merge FastPass and Standby at the point where you turn right, into the mountain. It makes for a slower moving, longer standby line.
---They added some smaller details inside the mountain. The part where Brer Fox was about to catch Brer Rabbit with the Bee Hive, they added some more plants. You could tell they were new, 1)because I haven't seen them before and 2) they are in reach of guests, where they could easily grab them and rip a part off, but they were still intact.
---The jumping fish, that hasn't been working properly for almost 2 months now, is just completely shut off now.

That's pretty much it for the updates...MK was MOBBED today...for example. Here were wait times...

Peter Pan-75 mins
Pooh-60 mins
Philharmagic-45 mins
Small world-45
Haunted Mansion-45
Splash Mountain-65 (and we actually waited in it)

And get this...Space Mountain's line was at 125 MINUTES!

So, we were soaked, p00ped, and tired of dealing with people, so we headed on home, and here I am, writing you guys this update...But read it tomorrow, aren't you guys supposed to be doing something nice for your other half? IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY!!! I hope everybody had a happy one. This update is over and pictures will be up soon.

MagicalMonorail

Another good update. Any telling whether there will be any more Splash Mountain work? Glad your friend liked Animal Kingdom! By the way, I have been in the wet seat on Kali before. Not enjoyable.

Defend10

Something nice? Doubt it :cool: too cool for that :animwink: the new Splash paint looks great, though I'm disgusted with the new character sours, depressed over the old ones leaving, just wish I had time to stock up. Oh well, today was very busy at Epcot too, but from what you said, AK wasn't that packed? Interesting.

It poured all afternoon/evening, so did Kali really make that much of a difference? :lol:

Thanks for the update as always.

jaime_1234

Cool update

Awww....reading your update SO makes me wish I lived in Florida! I would LOVE to be able to go to DW every weekend. Heck, I'd love to go everyday!! Keep these things coming...I love to read about everybody else's fun even if I can't be there myself!

beast

Gossip phone

RE: --The "Gossip phone", hidden away on Main Street, was not operational today.

What's the "Gossip phone"?

Thanks.

TimeTrip

Originally posted by DisneyJill
I was at MK today--during the rain--and walked on to everything! Woo hoo!!

What time was that? I was there from 1pm until around 5 and the place was packed :(.. Maybe 7ish?

barnum42

Originally posted by Kenan
. test track gonna be going through some changes too, which is gonna be cool. but thats another story for another time, lol.

Go on...do tell.

I always found that Test Track was a little bit tame - the loop around the building is fun, but the rest of it seems to be lacking something. Is it here the changes are planned?

SewIn2Disney

Re: Gossip phone

Originally posted by beast
RE: --The "Gossip phone", hidden away on Main Street, was not operational today.

What's the "Gossip phone"?

Thanks.

I was just going to ask the same thing, can someone clue us in? Thanks

darkeyeliner

great update!

like some others, im wondering -- what is the gossip phone?

i, as well, wish i could go to disneyworld every week! lucky you. :D

Lee

Adventurer
Without giving away too much....

Walk through the right hand shops on Main St.
Somewhere through there is an old fashioned phone on the wall.
Pick it up and listen in....:D

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lee
Without giving away too much....

Walk through the right hand shops on Main St.
Somewhere through there is an old fashioned phone on the wall.
Pick it up and listen in....:D

Yep yep...and it will take some searching to find it. I couldn't find it without some help too. It's a really cool little detail when it works, but it wasnt this last trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom