Is Wilderness Lodge worth it?

PrincessMagic

I've read reviews on the Wilderness Lodge and they're mostly great. The biggest complaint I see is transportation (seems to be biggest issue with every resort lol). My question is this...Is the Wilderness Lodge worth the extra money from POFQ. I am a die hard POFQ fan and think it's one of the greatest resorts Disney has to offer. That being said, WL appeals to me. I love the way it looks, I love that it's a MK resort. I really want to know if the resort is really worth the extra $$. Please give me your opinions and the biggest pros and cons of WL. Thanks.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Super about getting your PIN...I keep wondering how they do that...I keep going and never get an offer....maybe if I stop going they will flag me for a PIN....:king:

Upvote 0

I-4Warrior

Funny but my family and I found the exact opposite. AKL had the rudest staff, worst layout, worst decor, and worst transportation of any WDW resort in our opinion (and we have now stayed at almost all of them). It is in fact the only resort that we have no desire to ever stay in again. Also the "fast food" area at AKL is stuck away in a corner and is no bigger than that of WL. We loved WL and will be there again in March. AKL is the only resort that I specifically tell friends not to bother with.

That being said, everyone has has different feelings and experiences so go for it and see for yourself. This is just my opinion..........................but it ought to be yours. :lol:

Funny enough, we had the exact opposite experiences at WL and AKL. We loved the layout of AKL (then again, we were Savannah view, very near the lobby/food/Zawadi/...), we found the decor very moving, and we felt we should get the staff some medical walkers because they were falling all over themselves to help us out. The concierge lounges can't be compared. WL offers a soup and an entree with limited snacks and drinks from a buffet table with little/no seating. At AKL, we didn't need to buy food the entire stay if we didn't want to as their lounge is 1) huge and spacious with plenty of room to move and sit and 2) more food/drinks than some all-inclusives. We found the staff at WL to be cartoonishly rude, and it seemed as though the concierge wanted as much to do with us as he would with someone with Hansen's disease. This was our wedding night, and while everyone at the parks made us feel special with our ridiculous bride/groom mouse ear hats, the staff at WL made us feel conversely reviled. It's only natural and logical to review hotels/resorts based on your stay, so my stay at WL was among the worst for my dollar that I've ever experienced, and AKL was the reverse. Most people will disagree with my summation, but most people didn't have our stay.

Upvote 0

eroyee

Funny enough, we had the exact opposite experiences at WL and AKL. We loved the layout of AKL (then again, we were Savannah view, very near the lobby/food/Zawadi/...), we found the decor very moving, and we felt we should get the staff some medical walkers because they were falling all over themselves to help us out. The concierge lounges can't be compared. WL offers a soup and an entree with limited snacks and drinks from a buffet table with little/no seating. At AKL, we didn't need to buy food the entire stay if we didn't want to as their lounge is 1) huge and spacious with plenty of room to move and sit and 2) more food/drinks than some all-inclusives. We found the staff at WL to be cartoonishly rude, and it seemed as though the concierge wanted as much to do with us as he would with someone with Hansen's disease. This was our wedding night, and while everyone at the parks made us feel special with our ridiculous bride/groom mouse ear hats, the staff at WL made us feel conversely reviled. It's only natural and logical to review hotels/resorts based on your stay, so my stay at WL was among the worst for my dollar that I've ever experienced, and AKL was the reverse. Most people will disagree with my summation, but most people didn't have our stay.
You're right.... I disagree....nothng but good things to say about WL. we honeymooned there and got lots of extra attention.......sorry about your experience though........

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

When we're at WDW, we always stay off-property b/c my dad lives so close. But I would love to stay at WL and AKL just for a weekend to experience it. Two of my favorite locations in all of WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom