Is wifi still free

lt94

I understand the wifi was a pilot test and may be ending at the end of Oct. Going up next week want to know if it's still free and working

kylewr86

They did a pilot test and then brought it to all the resorts its currently in and will be for the future. Its also expected to be rolled out to every resort except maybe the value resorts.

Upvote 0

ScorpionX

They did a pilot test and then brought it to all the resorts its currently in and will be for the future. Its also expected to be rolled out to every resort except maybe the value resorts.
No, I think the value resorts will get it at the same time as all the other resorts.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

As far as I know it is a permanent change and the wired connections will be disabled and of November. I also thought that the free wireless was not extended to the value resorts. It was in moderates, deluxe and villas only.

I used it for the past 2 weeks at Kidani and BLT and it was screaming fast and worked well. At Kidani it reset itself afet day 4 and you had to go through the sign-in process again, but @ BLT it stayed on for 7 consecutive days with no reset. I am not sure why there were differances in each resort.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

As far as I know it is a permanent change and the wired connections will be disabled and of November. I also thought that the free wireless was not extended to the value resorts. It was in moderates, deluxe and villas only.

The word is, for right now anyway, that it will be rolled out to all of the resorts once this secondary load test phase is complete. If they can handle the loads on the system at these resorts then they will likely put it out to all of the resorts. Now whether it will be free at the Values is another question. They need to make it free to all resorts but I doubt it will be free at the Values.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

I hope so because during our stay in 2012 for the first time we will have a notebook (we desperately missed having one last trip for several reasons) and with at least 10 days at the Pop I don't want to pay for every day I use it.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I hope so because during our stay in 2012 for the first time we will have a notebook (we desperately missed having one last trip for several reasons) and with at least 10 days at the Pop I don't want to pay for every day I use it.

I hope so too but I doubt it will be free at the Values. Although it isn't likely. They seem to want to keep an amenity difference between the Values and the other resorts.

Upvote 0

muse1983

I would be shocked if it's not free at the value resorts. If a $60 a night Sleep Inn can offer free WiFi, then a Walt Disney Value Resort can certainly do the same thing. I honestly can't believe they have yet to offer free WiFi until now... a little behind the times in that aspect.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I would be shocked if it's not free at the value resorts. If a $60 a night Sleep Inn can offer free WiFi, then a Walt Disney Value Resort can certainly do the same thing. I honestly can't believe they have yet to offer free WiFi until now... a little behind the times in that aspect.

But there are reasonable arguments as to why Disney has yet to offer WiFi at their resorts. One is that you will have a hard time finding Free Wifi at a larger brand hotel simply because they do not have to offer this to entice people into their property. WDW is of the same mind. Why offer something to get people to come when A) they already offer discounts and other things and B) people are going to come anyway, so why go that extra mile? Disney is finally offering it but they couldn't do so at the Value level (the same level at other places outside WDW that do offer free wifi) and not offer it to the mods and up. So they offer it to the mods and higher levels for now at no cost, then they will add it to the Values for a fee to maintain that boundary of amenities.

Upvote 0

muse1983

But there are reasonable arguments as to why Disney has yet to offer WiFi at their resorts. One is that you will have a hard time finding Free Wifi at a larger brand hotel simply because they do not have to offer this to entice people into their property. WDW is of the same mind. Why offer something to get people to come when A) they already offer discounts and other things and B) people are going to come anyway, so why go that extra mile? Disney is finally offering it but they couldn't do so at the Value level (the same level at other places outside WDW that do offer free wifi) and not offer it to the mods and up. So they offer it to the mods and higher levels for now at no cost, then they will add it to the Values for a fee to maintain that boundary of amenities.

Good point but I suppose I just look at it in a different light. Wifi in my opinion shouldn't be treated as a luxury, in 2011 having a Wifi connection in any place of business is the norm and should be just as common as offering cable television in the room.

The last I heard, value resorts only had a wired connection which came with a fee. Is it confirmed that the value resorts will now have Wifi with a fee?

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Good point but I suppose I just look at it in a different light. Wifi in my opinion shouldn't be treated as a luxury, in 2011 having a Wifi connection in any place of business is the norm and should be just as common as offering cable television in the room.

The last I heard, value resorts only had a wired connection which came with a fee. Is it confirmed that the value resorts will now have Wifi with a fee?

It's not really considered a luxury, more of an incentive.

And no, they have yet to announce it being put in the Value resorts but were pretty sure it will be. Of course they could wait 10 years to do so but I believe it will be closer to when they see what the load is like in the resorts it is in right now. I think they are simply opening it in phases. Deluxe resorts first, then the resorts that host convention going people, then the resot of us. ;)

Upvote 0

lt94

Original Poster
Has anyone checked if wifi is in any of the parks so you can check ride times or do dine rsvp or view maps for first timers

Upvote 0

acishere

Has anyone checked if wifi is in any of the parks so you can check ride times or do dine rsvp or view maps for first timers

I believe the wi-fi signal you see in the parks is password protected and for employees only. There are smart phone apps however that serve the same purpose, you just have to use your phone's data plan for them.

Upvote 0

PaisleyMF

I believe the wi-fi signal you see in the parks is password protected and for employees only. There are smart phone apps however that serve the same purpose, you just have to use your phone's data plan for them.

The wireless available at the parks (TWDC-WLAN) is not for cast members but for internal use only, Is for registers, laptops and any other Company wide networking use.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom