Is wdw worth visiting for teens/adults

Realmermaid

I've been considering planning a surprise trip to wdw for me and my two sisters and after getting a rough idea of how much it would cost for all three of us to go I started wondering if a disney trip would be worth it for 3 teens/adults or if it'd be better to save some money and just not go. Around the time i'm planning to have the trip I'll be 22 and my sisters will be 17 and 16. Whats your opinion, is disney worth it as an adult or did we miss our chance of really enjoying it.

FYI while my sisters love roller coaster and thrill rides I'm a bit paranoid about them and scared of heights so i probably wouldn't enjoy that aspect of the parks as much as they would Lol also, bc my sisters are still in HS my parents wont allow them to have a job so I'd be paying for all three of us to go not just myself.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

Disvillain63

Our kids were pretty much raised on Disney. When our daughter graduated from high school and about a week before her 18th birthday, she requested a Disney trip to celebrate. Our son hadn't gone since his Junior year of high school, but he decided to go along when he had graduated from college. He loved it; said he hadn't realized how much he missed it.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
My other half and I are in our mid-twenties, and we're so excited to go in October. We're probably looking forward to this trip more than the ones we took with our families when we were kids!

Upvote 0

RookieMouse

One of the things I am looking forward to is having the kids both educated and on their own, so that the wife and I can get some good use out of our DVC. I could see the "Epcot Food and Wine Festival" becoming an annual pilgrimage.

That said, my 16-year-old daughter has already said she wants to go to F&W for her 21st birthday (which conveniently falls in October).

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I went a number of times prior to having kids, and I know some 20 somethings and they go almost every year. I think Disney is great, regardless of your age :)

Upvote 0
I'm 31 and am just 15 days away from my Disney Bachelorette party. The funny thing is, all my adult friends saw how much fun I have on my trips, and wanted to get in on it. They're the ones who chose the destination! My fiance is going to Vegas for his bachelor party, but is SO jealous of our trip. Every day I hear, "you're not going to do "x" without me, are you?? You're not eating "x" without me, are you??" Yes, Disney is very much for adults.

Upvote 0

Realmermaid

Original Poster
Thanks y’all for your encouragement:), I’m definitely a Disnerd( that’s actually my role in the family😂) That’s why I was worried about spending a lot of money on a trip to Disney and end up being disappointed but after reading all the comments I feel confident we’ll have fun. Even my sisters who r casual fans I’m sure will have fun 😃 lol they keep brining up how they want to go to Disney, I’m so excited to get to surprise them with a sisters trip to Disney World. 😍

Upvote 0

SeaCastle

If the three of you have all gone before and and your two sisters are even just casual fans I think this would be a phenomenal trip. Our family has gone multiple times over the course of childhood, teenagerhood, young adulthood, and adulthood. The trips we took when we were 19 are not the ones we took when we were six or seven, but definitely no less fun. Like some other posters said it really depends on the people going, and I've found visiting when you're older is helped by a more positive attitude, because when you're younger it's easier to take it all for granted. And even if you're traveling with people who aren't into Disney as much as you are, at the most basic level you're traveling with people you care about (and presumably vice versa) which is special at any age.

Upvote 0

1stWDW96'

I am 31, my fiancee is 28, we have more fun at WDW than most children. Beyond the attractions and shows, if you go without a strict itinerary, the fact that the outside world is quickly forgotten is the best form of stress relief for an adult. Yes it is expensive, so save money, yes it can be crowded, look at the numerous online resources, and find the least busy times of the year to visit. It truly is a happy place for all ages. I'm returning in 8 days, and the fact that I'm leaving Michigan to do so, makes it so much nicer.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

I am 31, my fiancee is 28, we have more fun at WDW than most children. Beyond the attractions and shows, if you go without a strict itinerary, the fact that the outside world is quickly forgotten is the best form of stress relief for an adult. Yes it is expensive, so save money, yes it can be crowded, look at the numerous online resources, and find the least busy times of the year to visit. It truly is a happy place for all ages. I'm returning in 8 days, and the fact that I'm leaving Michigan to do so, makes it so much nicer.

Thanks for the nice upbeat response! Sometimes we forget how great WDW is, with all the negative news and threads.

You are so right in all of it. We are returning in 2 days, :), from Minnesota, to our happy place:)

Upvote 0

jimbojones

I've been considering planning a surprise trip to wdw for me and my two sisters and after getting a rough idea of how much it would cost for all three of us to go I started wondering if a disney trip would be worth it for 3 teens/adults or if it'd be better to save some money and just not go. Around the time i'm planning to have the trip I'll be 22 and my sisters will be 17 and 16. Whats your opinion, is disney worth it as an adult or did we miss our chance of really enjoying it.

FYI while my sisters love roller coaster and thrill rides I'm a bit paranoid about them and scared of heights so i probably wouldn't enjoy that aspect of the parks as much as they would Lol also, bc my sisters are still in HS my parents wont allow them to have a job so I'd be paying for all three of us to go not just myself.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
If you have to ask the question then no it may not be worth it for you guys. If your sisters are big Disney fans they will have fun, but at that age its iffy otherwise. Teens who are not big disney fans probably don't think much of people dressed up like cartoon characters nd pricesses and, to quote my sister in law who went at 20 for the first time, rides that consist of " rolling around in a cart listening to children's music while watching puppet shows." That comment about the rides stung me a bit, but really made it clear to me that WDW is not everyone's cup of tea. What I viewed as artistry she thought of as silly. I also recall visiting at 16 and not being into it despite being smitten with WDW as a child and regaining a love for it as an adult. I had fun at 16 but would have been just as happy or happier doing something else at that age.

You need to do some recon and see what they think of WDW before committing a huge sum of money. Make it a game ask "If you could go anywhere on earth where would you go?" or a game of would you rather "Would you rather spend a week at Disney world or take a trip to Paris?"

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

I went to Disney World once as a kid and honestly the trip wasn't all that great. Now when I go (granted I have young children with me), it's amazing. I think the older you get the more you appreciate all the little details and the theming at Disney (and that it's cleaner than most other places).

Upvote 0

Lisa t

three of my college-age nieces went for the first time this last year, because they had friends working in the college program, and loved it. They went back and took their 17 and 15 year old Sisters, and they loved it as well.

Upvote 0

jimbojones

Thanks y’all for your encouragement:), I’m definitely a Disnerd( that’s actually my role in the family😂) That’s why I was worried about spending a lot of money on a trip to Disney and end up being disappointed but after reading all the comments I feel confident we’ll have fun. Even my sisters who r casual fans I’m sure will have fun 😃 lol they keep brining up how they want to go to Disney, I’m so excited to get to surprise them with a sisters trip to Disney World. 😍
If they keep bringing it up it sounds like a recipe for a fun trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom