Is video taping allowed in American Idol Experience?

J.E.Smith

Original Poster
Okay, I know it may come off as a dumb question, but is video taping allowed in American Idol Experience?

The reason I want to know is because an old friend of mine, Chris Lindsay, just told me he has just been hired as one of the new hosts of AIE, and I wanted to see if someone could video his performance as host if it's permitted. I'd really like to see him in action when he starts.

Jimmy Thick

Um, one of the first things they tell you is there is no video taping allowed so I don't know where you guys were.

Jimmy Thick-If there was Iam sure someone would have posted a video of me!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
When it first opened there was a no video taping rule - I'm not sure what the current situation is.

Jimmy Thick

You CAN take pictures, but due to copyrights on the music, you cannot video tape any part of the show thats onstage. They do allow you to videotape the auditions.

If you look at the FAQ on the attraction website, it points it out in black and white quite vividly.

Jimmy Thick- A stickler of the details...

10Magic

I know you couldn't videotape at the old "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - Play It!" a few years ago. I was in the hot seat a few times and would have loved to have that video, but I'm assuming it's the same for "Idol", for copyright reasons.

VDisneyFan18

I am almost positive you can.:) I've taped the preshow with the guy.......Tom??:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: He is very entertaining. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: :sohappy: I watched that video recently............ and i forgot how funny he was

WDW2010

Um, one of the first things they tell you is there is no video taping allowed so I don't know where you guys were.

Jimmy Thick-If there was Iam sure someone would have posted a video of me!!!

Hmmm let's see, in Walt Disney World..probably Disney's Hollywood Studios and I think at the American Idol Experience when the guy said people could which, people did! thats weird?

The answer is NO. When we were there in March, cast members were very active in stopping all video recording of any kind. They event went as far to go half way into a row to ask a person to stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom