Is Victoria and Alberts worth it?

b94ronman

I'm with Ibrad, never ate at Victoria Alberts, but the Cali Grille is an awsome place to watch the fireworks (even if you have few drinks at the bar then hit the deck to watch), there are so many places to eat that are top notch - The Flying Fish on the Board Walk for example, have a great dinner there then rent a boat to be on the water for Illuminations at Epcot, there are so many choices.

Phonedave

I will agree with the people who think it is worth it - if the money is not an issue for you.

Now, I cannot go dropping $350 for dinner for two every week, but I am also not scraping nickles together to make the rent each month.

For me something like V&A is an occassional luxury and is somthing I enjoy. I like fine dining, and the service that goes with it. I don't mind wearing a jacket and tie. And more and more I am apprecieating good wine lists (another hobby that you can ask at times "is this worth it")

For the same price you could also go and whip around the track in a stock car. Now to eome people they would drop that cash and say it was the best experence of their lives, but thing V&A was a waste. Other people would feel the oppsite. Me, I am still waiting for the right time to do the driving experence. :)

It all boils down to how comfortable are you spending that much cash, and is the food something to your liking. I went with my (now ex) wife for our 10th anniversery, and these were our selections. I will go again in a heartbeat, but I just need to find the right dinner companion :)

For the record, that veal cheek - one of the most memorable dishes I have EVER eaten.

Amuse Bouche - Warm celery cream with basil olive oil. Mine was topped with smoked salmon and Iranian Caviar, the fish was left off Kerri's. Paired with Codorniu Cava Brut, Penedes NV

Kerri: Smoked Colorado Buffalo with Melted Cabbage Slaw and Grains of Paradise
Me: Blue Lump Crab and Fresh Gulf Shrimp with Petite French Green Lentils - Paired with Trimbach Gewurztraminer, Alsace 2002

Kerri: Serrano Ham and Gruyere Cheese Stuffed Quail with Root Vegetable Flan
Me: Poulet Rouge with Fresh Porcinis and a Truffled Egg paired with Feudi di San Nicola Negro Amaro, Puglia 2003

Kerri: Poulet Rouge with Fresh Porcinis and a Truffled Egg (same thing I had in the previous course)
Me: Atlantic Turbot with Winterpoint Oyster, Salsify, and Spinach Veloute paired with Domaine Maillard Pete et Fils Chorey-Les-Beaune Chardonnay, Burgundy 2004

Kerri: Duet of Australian Kobe Beef
Me: Marcho Farms Veal with Roasted Beet and Veal Cheek "Lasagna" paired with Charles Joguet "Cuvee Terroir" Cabernet Franc, Chinon 2003

Kerri: Rasberry Gelato with Micro Garden Mint
Me: Comte Sainte Antoine, Pierre Robert and English Stilton Cheesecake paired with Ramos Pinto Porto Tawny, Villa Nova de Gaia

Kerri: Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Suffle
Me: Caramelized Banana Gateau

dinandmick

Original Poster
Thank you for all the advice. We decided against it for this trip. We are doing the California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse and the Hollywood Brown Derby. I've never been to either of these so I'm excited. I was also lucky enough to snag a Le Cellier ADR for our last night there. :sohappy:

In the back of my head I'm planning a trip to WDW for my 30th birthday in a year and a half so I think if we go then we would ABSOLUTELY do Victoria and Alberts.

Only 25 days to go. I cannot wait!

DisneyBunny

just wondering...

For those of you who know, we have the DDE (TiW) card... does the discount apply towards a normal table OR the chef's table?? It seems silly for us to splurge and not go all the way for the Chef's Table. But if the discount doesn't apply, then that might change our opinion :lol:

look1angel

All great choices.

:)You'll love The Hollywood Brown Derby, both my daughter & I ate there and the food was once again spectacular. As far as V&A, yes it was very expensive & not for everyone, you would have never caught me there 10 years ago when all my kids were younger; $450.00 would buy me a months worth of grocery's, but this was just my husband & I celebrating adult time (all my kids are grown & living on their own) we were actually there for a convention at the Coranado Springs & received an unexpected $1000.00 voucher towards our stay so we had our room paid for (165.00 a night) and decided to take the money we saved & dine at V&A. My goal/wish is to be able to dine at every resturant in Disney. I have taken some of your suggestions myself & will keep them in mind for my next romantic spot at Disney. Where ever you dine just have a great time & enjoy!

bigtotoro

I echo the other sentiments, here. If you are not sure or the $ is an issue, don't do it. My wife and I are going for the first time in two weeks. But we are also not fine dining newbies, either (but this will break my personal record for $...I think our highest is a little over $200 for a meal). We do not eat out all that much and consider a fine meal a lovely treat. All of our evening meals on the next trip are Signature(s) and it is one of the things we look forward to the most. And for those complaining about the dress code, it does not make you less of a dork to put on a coat and tie or a nice dress and go out for an adult evening. You can still go and scream like a little girl on Everest the next day. It's alright. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom