Is Tower of Terror all seatbelts now?

Jon_in_NC

Original Poster
My trip is next week and I was wondering if all of the cars at the Tower of Terror had been converted over to seatbelts now? Any of them left with lapbars now?

Trying to prepare myself if they've all changed! :lookaroun

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I can't say so with 100% certainty, but I think the lapbars are completely gone. I haven't seen one in many, many months.

JEDI1138

Originally posted by Jon_in_NC
My trip is next week and I was wondering if all of the cars at the Tower of Terror had been converted over to seatbelts now? Any of them left with lapbars now?

Trying to prepare myself if they've all changed! :lookaroun

Yep! they all are seatbelted now. No more lapbars

Calamar

Ohoh, excellent! I've been hoping for this change. Heh, there will no longer be any fights among my group for the highly-coveted back-central seatbelt position. :p

Heh, and I've had a bad experience with the Tower of Terror lapbars. One time, in an attempt to be sneaky and adventurous, I left mine a little loose, perhaps a couple of inches above my lap. Of course, the cast member quickly discovered this, and she violently thrust the lapbar deep into my lap. Not a very pleasant sensation, considering where it landed. Since the lapbars lock, I was stuck like that the whole ride. I'm not complaining about the CM, though -- I got exactly what I deserved. :lookaroun

Jon_in_NC

Original Poster
Re: Re: Is Tower of Terror all seatbelts now?

Originally posted by JEDI1138
Yep! they all are seatbelted now. No more lapbars

That's what I was wondering. The last I had heard they still had 2 cars that hadn't been converted over. Well, with just the seatbelts now and no lapbars, it will be a new (Terror-fying) experience for me now! :lookaroun

Al

Originally posted by Calamar
Ohoh, excellent! I've been hoping for this change. Heh, there will no longer be any fights among my group for the highly-coveted back-central seatbelt position. :p

Heh, and I've had a bad experience with the Tower of Terror lapbars. One time, in an attempt to be sneaky and adventurous, I left mine a little loose, perhaps a couple of inches above my lap. Of course, the cast member quickly discovered this, and she violently thrust the lapbar deep into my lap. Not a very pleasant sensation, considering where it landed. Since the lapbars lock, I was stuck like that the whole ride. I'm not complaining about the CM, though -- I got exactly what I deserved. :lookaroun

Ouch! :eek: :lol:

njchris65

Originally posted by Calamar
One time, in an attempt to be sneaky and adventurous, I left mine a little loose, perhaps a couple of inches above my lap. Of course, the cast member quickly discovered this, and she violently thrust the lapbar deep into my lap. Not a very pleasant sensation, considering where it landed.

I assume that's when your avatar picture was taken? ;) :)

AliciaLuvzDizne

important announcement

attention please
the following is an important announcement concerning the change from lapbars to seatbelts

Alicia will no longer ride on tower of terror :lookaroun

thank you

:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom