is this true

brer big bear

Account Suspended
Original Poster
i saw on a web site that said when tower of terror first open in orlando that there was an accident. they said that when the car drop it drop all the way to the first floor and they had to use safety brakes because the orignal brakes gave out. any truth to that.::eek:

NowInc

Lets also not forget the little "air pressure" incidence before they added air holes to the bottom of the elevator cars ;)

tenchu

Originally posted by NowInc
Lets also not forget the little "air pressure" incidence before they added air holes to the bottom of the elevator cars ;)

What happenned then? Pressure built up under the elevators and did what?

NowInc

Originally posted by tenchu

What happenned then? Pressure built up under the elevators and did what?

Think of it like a piston...the cars shot down the elevator shaft...air pressure built up under the ride vehicles...air pressure blew out the back wall of the shaft ;)

tenchu

Originally posted by NowInc

Think of it like a piston...the cars shot down the elevator shaft...air pressure built up under the ride vehicles...air pressure blew out the back wall of the shaft ;)

Nice, no walls on my shaft.

pixiedust1010

The first time my family and I rode ToT it was within the first month of opening...first of all, the lights came on as we were riding up. none of the effects worked (obviously) and we could see what everything really looked like. then when we reached the top, the ride stopped. so our entire elevator was just sitting at the top, with the lights on. Eventually, a CM climbed up and told us that there was nothing to worry about and we would be falling shortly. At this point, my sister was freaking out and asked if she could get off but she couldn't so we all just had to sit there for a while more and wait. Finally, they did drop us but the lights were on the entire time. They let us go right back in and ride again, but to this day I'm always pretty nervous when I ride it. It was really just the sitting at the top and thinking about it that got to me>>if i had ridden it before, I probably wouldn't have gotten as nervous.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by pixiedust1010
The first time my family and I rode ToT it was within the first month of opening...first of all, the lights came on as we were riding up. none of the effects worked (obviously) and we could see what everything really looked like. then when we reached the top, the ride stopped. so our entire elevator was just sitting at the top, with the lights on. Eventually, a CM climbed up and told us that there was nothing to worry about and we would be falling shortly. At this point, my sister was freaking out and asked if she could get off but she couldn't so we all just had to sit there for a while more and wait. Finally, they did drop us but the lights were on the entire time. They let us go right back in and ride again, but to this day I'm always pretty nervous when I ride it. It was really just the sitting at the top and thinking about it that got to me>>if i had ridden it before, I probably wouldn't have gotten as nervous.

That also happened to me but I sat up there in complete darkness.

djmatthews

pixiedust1010 I'm sure it was a frightenig experience, especially for youngsters, but I would be really cool do ride the ride with the lights on to see how it all worked.

I have ridden Space Mountain in with the lights on, thats pretty neat too.

tenchu

I'm gonna avoid telling my sister all these stories until after the first time she's ridden ToT, otherwise we'll never get her to go on that ride!

Nansafan

A comment about Space with the lights on. My brother was on TTA when Space was down. The lights were on so he started video taping. A CM was working on a scaffold, noticed my brother video-taping, made on call on his walkie-talkie and the lights went out. That year, my brother (he was 34 at the time) fell just after exiting Splash and broke his arm. He and group were running trying to get one more ride before the park closed. We've always wondered if the WDW Mafia was sending him a message about video-taping Space.

Snow White 27

woah

Originally posted by Nansafan
A comment about Space with the lights on. My brother was on TTA when Space was down. The lights were on so he started video taping. A CM was working on a scaffold, noticed my brother video-taping, made on call on his walkie-talkie and the lights went out. That year, my brother (he was 34 at the time) fell just after exiting Splash and broke his arm. He and group were running trying to get one more ride before the park closed. We've always wondered if the WDW Mafia was sending him a message about video-taping Space.

This year we were riding the TTA and the lights of Space Mountain were on so we stayed on the TTA another time so we could take pictures to show people back home, well we got the pictures developed at WDW by their photo thingy and mysteriously they never showed up??? And we used the flash too!

cymbaldiva

Dang Ya'll!

Too much info on any accidents on TOT!!! It's my fave ride - and now I'll be nervous when I finally get to go back again...:lookaroun

NADisney

Never let Disney process your pics ,they will botch them if there is something thsy do not want you to see. I f you have time go to Wal-Mart over on 192 , East Kissimiee and get them done in an hours time. Thats we do ,it's just 10 mins from Disney World.

There's a Gret Big Beautiful Tomorrow just a Dream Away !!- CoP ; Visiting WDW May 22-29 ,2002

:sohappy: :wave: :cool: :lol: :D :sohappy:

Wolf530

They speak the truth :) Disney does that stuff on purpose so as to ensure that photos of back stage stuff doesn't get out.

Word among the CMs is that if you take a picture of a character half-dressed, you can be terminated on the spot.

DisneyHog6

Wow, it sounds like that early ToT "incident" would have made for a wild ride...:lol: If bumps and bruises were the worst of the injuries, I think I would have liked to been on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom