IS THIS THE NEW DISNEY?

yensid67

No virtual queues, single rider line or FastPass+ when the Walt Disney World parks reopen
From Disney:
"Despite early talk about virtual queues, they will not be used, including at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Disney appears confident that it can control attendance at the park, which will in turn mean manageable queues at the rides.

We have known that FastPass+ will not be available for some time, but Single Rider lines will also no longer be available.

Disney will be using every inch of its vast queue capacity to maintain social distancing.

So assuming you can secure a reservation into the park, the lack of queue complications should make for a very pleasant, no-planning experience."

What are the thoughts of our seasoned bloggers?

yensid67

Original Poster
According to each park's capacity...
-MK 100,000 EPCOT-40,000 DHS-60,000 AK-60,000

at 50% capacity...
-MK- 50,000 EPCOT-20,000 DHS-30,000 AK-30,000

That means Disney World can only have 113,000 guests in all the parks each day! So from that I am assuming that they wait times will be GREAT for even the most popular attractions!
With that being said, COVID-19 still presents a threat to our way of life moving forward. Our lives have changed, for the good in a sense. MAYBE Disney will see this a a new normal for guests!? If this proves to be the best way, attendance MAY increase if guests find that the parks are less crowded and low wait times-like the good ol days!

What do you think? Is this a permanent change or temporary?

Upvote 0

Herdman

at 50% capacity...

That means Disney World can only have 113,000 guests in all the parks each day! So from that I am assuming that they wait times will be GREAT for even the most popular attractions!
With that being said, COVID-19 still presents a threat to our way of life moving forward. Our lives have changed, for the good in a sense. MAYBE Disney will see this a a new normal for guests!? If this proves to be the best way, attendance MAY increase if guests find that the parks are less crowded and low wait times-like the good ol days!

At least when they first open I think 50% is optimistic. I think 25-30% is more likely.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Of course this is temporary. Disney isnt going to settle on half capacity that brings in half of its possible sales any longer than they have to. If they were at all concerned about extended wait times and crowded conditions, they would have come up with solutions prior to the virus hitting. As soon as they can return to the old ways of cramming us into every available slot and fill those table up, they will. This has been going on long enough.... Theyve got a lot of ground to make up.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
"Normal" attendance is nowhere near the park capacity, those numbers are only ever approached during Christmas week and very rare instances outside it.

50,000 people in the Magic Kingdom is not a "light" crowd with GREAT wait times. It's a normal crowd with normal wait times.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
I am not planning until September 2022, but I am thinking some form of the reopening will still be in effect! If the new reservation system works, more guests are happier, and cast members are happier, maybe they will keep this permanently! Time will tell!

Upvote 0

Rob562

I am not planning until September 2022, but I am thinking some form of the reopening will still be in effect! If the new reservation system works, more guests are happier, and cast members are happier, maybe they will keep this permanently! Time will tell!

They can have 100% guest and CM satisfaction, but if it's not making (enough) money, the system will not be kept long-term. If they wanted to do that, the only alternative is to jack the prices up to the point that profits are maximized without a corresponding drop in guest satisfaction.

If your favorite family-owned local restaurant used to have 20 tables, but then cut that down to 5, the diners may find it a more personal, intimate dining experience. But the restaurant would lose money if they kept prices the same as before. They may do it short-term to keep the business somewhat alive because that's all they're allowed to in a COVID world, but long-term their options if they were to keep the "intimate" experience would be to raise prices to make up the income difference, or lose money until they go out of business.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Lord Starwalker

Also for Rise of the Resistance it has now been confirmed that a Virtual Queue is now required. You can see it in the app too.

As far as I know this is the only attraction using the Virtual Queue. Anyone know of another one?

Upvote 0

Herdman

Also for Rise of the Resistance it has now been confirmed that a Virtual Queue is now required. You can see it in the app too.

As far as I know this is the only attraction using the Virtual Queue. Anyone know of another one?
Not yet, but with the lines I'm hearing at Mickey's Runaway Railway it wouldn't surprise me if they at least temporarily added it there too.

Upvote 0

dizneegirl13

at 50% capacity...

All 4 parks are open now. Does anyone know if they have been reaching limited capacity during this time?
I know they don't release attendance numbers, but am asking anyway after reading this post because someone must have some idea if Disney has had to turn people away during their opening week.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

All 4 parks are open now. Does anyone know if they have been reaching limited capacity during this time?
I know they don't release attendance numbers, but am asking anyway after reading this post because someone must have some idea if Disney has had to turn people away during their opening week.
From my understanding, Disney isn't turning people away. You have to have a ticket for a specific Park for each day.

Upvote 0

dizneegirl13

Thanks aliceismad, that is my understanding too. Hollywood looked like maybe it had too many guests admitted, from videos I've watched. Not like MK, AK, and Epcot which all showed plenty of people doing ok with distancing. but who knows.
If I were going soon, I would probably avoid HS if this continues to look more populated than the others. I'm not a big SW fan, so that would work for me.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Technically speaking you can only enter the park with a reservation for that park on that day. So there should be no one turned away if they have a reservation that they made on line ahead of time. Are folks trying to get in without a reservation? Probably. Those folks will (and should) be turned away.

Is disney making over booking reservations to make up for possible no shows? I HOPE NOT! The optics of a packed park would be really bad!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
From my understanding, Disney isn't turning people away. You have to have a ticket for a specific Park for each day.
Also to add...
I think Disney IS limiting the Reservations for each park per day. So if you go online to make your reservation for MK and its closed, then you have to go to another park!
I dunno I am just thinking that would be The Disney KIND way to say the park is closed for the day...I'm sure someone on here can and will clear it up

Upvote 0

JohnD

It's obviously "the new Disney" for the short term during the pandemic. As for long term, it could be an excuse to get rid of FP+ which everyone knows was a $1 billion boondoggle. With park reservations currently, the thought of entering the park and going to whatever attraction suits you with little wait is appealing. FP+ just caused plenty of headaches with planning two months out to get your three attractions per park, then increased the standby wait times to make room for the FP line. All of this has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. I'm still for a single ride line, however. I understand it can't be used now. It's purpose is for filling in every available seat which is just the opposite of what you want during a pandemic.

Upvote 0

floydbeatle

I am not a seasoned blogger, vlogger, etc. but IMO this new normal is as temporary as COVID-19. As others have noted, and if you have been going to WDW over the years, Disney packs guests in like cattle in a cattle barn. They have years of ever increasing profits that they will be held to as the standard. The only way to recover those lost profits is to get guests back into the parks ASAP. When that will be will depend on all the other factors that have been discussed on these forums since March i.e. vaccine, herd immunity, travel restrictions, etc. I don't think that they can raise prices on limited capacity park reservations and recover loss revenue. I think the price increase would be astronomical. I also don't have any data to base my theories on so take it FWIW.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
It's obviously "the new Disney" for the short term during the pandemic. As for long term, it could be an excuse to get rid of FP+ which everyone knows was a $1 billion boondoggle. With park reservations currently, the thought of entering the park and going to whatever attraction suits you with little wait is appealing. FP+ just caused plenty of headaches with planning two months out to get your three attractions per park, then increased the standby wait times to make room for the FP line. All of this has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. I'm still for a single ride line, however. I understand it can't be used now. It's purpose is for filling in every available seat which is just the opposite of what you want during a pandemic.
My reply question is this...
#1- How many think this NEW DISNEY will be the way in the future? I think when all is said and done, Disney will see that Guests are more happy with smaller crowds and no FP+
#2- If THIS is the new way going forward, would you pay MORE for a single park day if there were more manageable crowds? I would pay $150 per day if they could guarantee that there will be smaller crowds and no need for FP+

Having to plan even when to breathe takes a lot of the magic even from just planning a Disney trip! PLANNING use to be just as enjoyable as Park Days, but with FP+, planning became a nightmare! With no FP+, planning just got a little more easier...like it USE TO BE!(in the good 'ol days of '99)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom