Is this the end of comforters finally?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The contemporary had this set up in September but I thought that was just there, since the look was so...uhm..contemporary.

I like it. looks sharp, cleaner and they can theme it to each resort with the 'swag' as another more design oriented poster called it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The contemporary had this set up in September but I thought that was just there, since the look was so...uhm..contemporary.

I like it. looks sharp, cleaner and they can theme it to each resort with the 'swag' as another more design oriented poster called it.
Something like this, right?

Personally, I LOVE them, for the reasons @The Mom said. Bleach and hot water. Clean!

badrew

Original Poster
As a former WDW housekeeper, you don't want to know how often the comforters are washed ;) Glad to see they're doing away with them. They were such a hassle, took up too much space, and frankly ugly.
Like a lot of other people I am sure, I just took it off the bed and folded it up nicely on the floor every night. Got to be a huge time saver for the housekeeping staff (and the guests)!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'll miss the whimsey but will thankfully trade for clean and crisp. Need to add color though to walls where deleted from the comforters.

Gabe1

Have you seen the walls at AoA? I'd prefer that Disney avoid gaudy where possible.

Yeah, I am not a fan of tacky either. I love POR but I will not be staying at the Princess rooms, the themed rooms are not my idea of relaxing. I need places for my eyes to rest.

You can have gently colored/tinted paint on the walls to add to the decor without slapping Disney themes on them. The rooms need more thought into the decor than white comforters and white walls, too generic.

acishere

Yeah, I am not a fan of tacky either. I love POR but I will not be staying at the Princess rooms, the themed rooms are not my idea of relaxing. I need places for my eyes to rest.

You can have gently colored/tinted paint on the walls to add to the decor without slapping Disney themes on them. The rooms need more thought into the decor than white comforters and white walls, too generic.
Matching the color most often used in the comforter and putting that on the walls would work for some resort rooms. Definitely not in the values though.

Gabe1

Matching the color most often used in the comforter and putting that on the walls would work for some resort rooms. Definitely not in the values though.

The values have a different set of decor issues indeed.

surfsupdon

Yes the rooms look great, deff a huge improvement to the overall look of the Value rooms. Looks nice.

And I know Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk have these. Anyone else agree they have had white with a runner for a few years now? I was surprised to hear that some of the other Deluxes are just getting them now.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Currently at WL and the bedding is white sheet, light blanket, white top sheet with a runner across the bottom. Sheets are super soft.
There's no way I would be warm enough. Sounds like I will have to start bringing a heavier robe, in addition to my fluffy socks.

StarWarsGirl

There's no way I would be warm enough. Sounds like I will have to start bringing a heavier robe, in addition to my fluffy socks.
You can call housekeeping and they will bring you additional blankets.

I hear ya, I sleep with 2 blankets (one of which is electric) plus my comforter at home, in sweats. In Disney we call and I get about 3 additional blankets since I sleep on the sofa bed usually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom