is this the catalyst????

dwldzm9

Koo

That is great news - I was hoping the Pixar and Disney marriage might continue since I am a fan of both. Now if Steve could just get the Apple board to sponsor a ride and maybe some interactive kiosks... life would be great

bob:)

NowInc

LoL...I don't think apple can afford it...OSX is doing much worse than they had hoped...especially amoung the 3D community (god...Steve is involved with Apple...Pixar...and Alias (the company that makes Maya)...coincidence?).....

Besides...I don't think that people would appreciate rides that look like volswagen commercials and come in different colors to hide an out of date ride system...hehe...

you THINK im anti mac?

dwldzm9

Probably...

Yeah, you sound like it. That's okay, to each his own. Just remember, isn't compaq rumored to be behind the Mission:Space ride? Apple is still MAKING money, and has a 4 billion bank, which is more than I can say for the former... Anyways, this is getting off track. The nice thing about the computing environment we are in today is that most of the major programs (Adobe, Macromedia, Microsoft, etc...) are available for both so in the end it comes down to personal preference, which is something that we need not bicker about. Windows is a great platform for those who choose to use it, and for those who chose Mac OS X is the same. I apologize in advance if I am wrong about the compaq thing... I think I read that on screamscape at one point.

NowInc

LoL..im not a militant anti-mac person...I have used my share..believe me...personal preference all the way...Me being in the 3D field makes it really hard for me to work on anything not windows based...

Funny enough that no matter what comp company you choose to support....in a way...they are all getting a peice of your dollar...

dwldzm9

Corporate ambiguity

Yep,

there are so many mergers and partnerships out there that i wouldn't be surprised if someday you buy a package of oreos and by the time you get home you have emails with directions to restaurants that use oreos in their desserts. It's just that crazy. Look at AOL-Time Warner. You sit down to watch TV after getting your Time magazine from the mailbox, watch Time Warner cable, go turn on your computer - hooked up with a cable modem - log on to AOL highspeed online through the cable connection provided by ah heck with it, this reply is getting too long...

lol

bob

Fantasia Fan

I think it was a post that mention that Ice Age was being developed by Pixar and that is just not the case. Actually, Ice Age's second trailer seems to indicate that it has a little bit of similarity to Monsters, Inc. Crazy looking creatures have to get human back where they belong.

As for rides and other stuff, I think it will hold its own over time. Toy Story has been an interesting presence in the theme parks with a cool ride at Tomorrowland and character presences but nothing in the E-Ride class. A tour through Monstropolis with wild consequences could be an interesting ride. I would agree that John Lassiter will have input on any future attraction, especially with his prior involvement on the Space Ranger Spin and It's Tough to be a Bug.

The impending battle between Monsters, Inc. and Harry Potter is not much of a contest because Harry Potter had Star Wars type hype attached to it. The real battle is coming between Shrek and Monsters, Inc. for the Best Animated Film award at the Oscars. It seems as though a lot of critics think Shrek will win and that it deserves to win. I seem to disagree on both counts. Dreamworks has a very powerful lobby at the Oscars; they have won the last two Best Picture Oscars (and they should have won for Saving Private Ryan). However, the issue that I feel may sway things could be who exactly gets honored for Best Animated Film. Is it the director, producers, or both? If it is the director, it may be an uphill climb. However, if it is the producer, etc. or both, I think there may be a campaign for sentimentality to win out and honor Pixar for the three films that came prior to Monsters, Inc. that didn't get such an honor. They come up with this category this year and not in years when it would have clearly gone Pixar's way.

If JyI was going to be rethemed to Monsters, Inc., I've said it previously that it would be cool to theme it as a tour of the factory with the doors representing doorways to the imagination.

NowInc

No one ever said Ice Age was being made by pixar...its being made by Blue Sky studios (owned by Fox) located in Westchster NY ...its not going to be half as good as monsters inc tho.....o well

Fantasia Fan

Originally posted by dopey
[
getting back to dis, there's also the problem of leaning too heavily on any one film. overexposure can lead to death. look at how mr. potter is being marketed. wb doesn't want to burn out the franchise, so they've toned down the promos and limited the tie-ins. if you're planning a monsters sequel or two, you don't want people getting sick of the characters. beyond that, pixar has the ice age and finding nemo to worry in the next couple years and churning out a monsters sequel ain't like making police academy 14.

but i ramble. [/B]

It wasn't you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom