Is this plan actually feasible?

Minnie1986

As of now, the plan is to do Early Entry for the first 4 park days, however, I'm trying to rework things for my Epcot day, so as to not have to wake my niece up crazy early four days in a row. Would it be possible/smart to wake up at 6:45 to get ready for Genie+ and Cosmic Rewind VQ? I'm specifically thinking of trying for ~11AM Remy, Guardians VQ at whatever time we get, and then using the "stacking" method of G+.

To summarize, what I'd like to do is get late morning Remy, by which time WS would be open. Stay in WS, then do the rides towards the later part of the day. Is this possible? Has anyone tried it and had it work?

RememberWhen

It seems feasible to me, but I haven’t tried stacking yet. We usually only buy Genie+ in MK where there’s lots of options and we use as we go. But lots of people use the stacking method and it seems to work for them.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
As of now, the plan is to do Early Entry for the first 4 park days, however, I'm trying to rework things for my Epcot day, so as to not have to wake my niece up crazy early four days in a row. Would it be possible/smart to wake up at 6:45 to get ready for Genie+ and Cosmic Rewind VQ? I'm specifically thinking of trying for ~11AM Remy, Guardians VQ at whatever time we get, and then using the "stacking" method of G+.

To summarize, what I'd like to do is get late morning Remy, by which time WS would be open. Stay in WS, then do the rides towards the later part of the day. Is this possible? Has anyone tried it and had it work?
It could work.

Do the VQ first, then G+ for Remy.

Until 7:15 or so you won’t see the return time for Remy, but just book it. You can always modify it to a better time. How many in your group? Modifying worked great for us with 4 people. You might need to monitor how fast it’s moving out and modify accordingly.

For stacking, I set an alarm on my phone for 10 minutes before my next booking time (110 minutes from when I booked each one). It gave me time to make sure I was logged on and to see return times for the rides I wanted. You can pin those to the top of “My Day”.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
It could work.

Do the VQ first, then G+ for Remy.

Until 7:15 or so you won’t see the return time for Remy, but just book it. You can always modify it to a better time. How many in your group? Modifying worked great for us with 4 people. You might need to monitor how fast it’s moving out and modify accordingly.

For stacking, I set an alarm on my phone for 10 minutes before my next booking time (110 minutes from when I booked each one). It gave me time to make sure I was logged on and to see return times for the rides I wanted. You can pin those to the top of “My Day”.
There will be two people in our party. When you say that the return time for Remy until 15 mins later?

You might need to monitor how fast it’s moving out and modify accordingly.
What does this mean?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
There will be two people in our party. When you say that the return time for Remy until 15 mins later?

What does this mean?
Between 7 and 7:15 (possibly 7:30) the app doesn’t show you what the return time is for G+ , so you have no idea what time you’re likely to get. But you should just book it anyway.

Once that initial frenzy is over, the app does give the current return time. So you can modify and get something close to the time it shows.

Let’s say you start off and get a return time of 10:30am. At 7:30 it might show that the return time is now 11:15am. You can modify your original time. If you check again at 7:45 - maybe the return time is inching out or maybe it’s jumped to 2:30pm.

The same applies later on when you’re stacking. If at 11am you book Soarin for 4pm but want 6:30pm you need to see how fast that return time is moving or you might miss out and it’s jumped to 8:30pm.

The important thing is not to cancel. You can modify as much as you like and can still book another 2 hours after you first booked that ride. If you cancel and rebook, the clock resets.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Between 7 and 7:15 (possibly 7:30) the app doesn’t show you what the return time is for G+ , so you have no idea what time you’re likely to get. But you should just book it anyway.

Once that initial frenzy is over, the app does give the current return time. So you can modify and get something close to the time it shows.

Let’s say you start off and get a return time of 10:30am. At 7:30 it might show that the return time is now 11:15am. You can modify your original time. If you check again at 7:45 - maybe the return time is inching out or maybe it’s jumped to 2:30pm.

The same applies later on when you’re stacking. If at 11am you book Soarin for 4pm but want 6:30pm you need to see how fast that return time is moving or you might miss out and it’s jumped to 8:30pm.

The important thing is not to cancel. You can modify as much as you like and can still book another 2 hours after you first booked that ride. If you cancel and rebook, the clock resets.
Thanks so much for this detailed info!

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

So helpful! @nickys, you should write a current G+ primer 😁

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom