Is this doable?

mbtohill

Have a reservation for HDD in May. Instead of dealing with the parking and bus through FW Campground would I be able to park at the Contemporary and take the water taxi to FW? I'm staying at the BC Villas

DisneyJoe

Should be doable.

If it were me, I'd take the bus from BC to the MK, then the resort launch to Ft Wilderness, and Pioneer Hall is just up the ramp to the right. After the show, return to the BC just by using the resort launch and then bus.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Technically no. Parking, especially at the Contemporary and Poly are at a premium and they will only issue you a 3 hour pass at best. You can valet but that costs about $15-$16.

Quite honestly, parking at FW and taking the bus to and from your car will be much faster than parking elsewhere and taking the boat in. I have done it multiple times and the bus ride is 15 minutes max.

Upvote 0

mbtohill

Original Poster
Technically no. Parking, especially at the Contemporary and Poly are at a premium and they will only issue you a 3 hour pass at best. You can valet but that costs about $15-$16.

Quite honestly, parking at FW and taking the bus to and from your car will be much faster than parking elsewhere and taking the boat in. I have done it multiple times and the bus ride is 15 minutes max.

Thanks Master Yoda, with a moniker like that how can I do anything but take your advice!

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Should be doable.

If it were me, I'd take the bus from BC to the MK, then the resort launch to Ft Wilderness, and Pioneer Hall is just up the ramp to the right. After the show, return to the BC just by using the resort launch and then bus.

This is how we handled it going from BC to HDD and it was a pretty non-stressful trip.

Upvote 0

harryk

Have a reservation for HDD in May. Instead of dealing with the parking and bus through FW Campground would I be able to park at the Contemporary and take the water taxi to FW? I'm staying at the BC Villas

We have done this several times. Walked through to monorail and took ride ending up at MK and then the launch. (returned same way).
Take the bus to FW and walked to Pioneer Hall and returned the same way.
Parked at WL and took launch over and back.

You can do it many ways - depends on how you want to handle it. After all - you are at Disney and have all the options you want.

Can't make up your mind - take bus routing to FW and return.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom