Is this a joke?

shello1113

Original Poster
Anyone ever heard of Travel Getaway Inc?
I got an email this morning that said I have won a trip to Disney. It said that some time ago, I signed up at one of their free offer giveaway sites. It's from Sue Madden, Travel Getaways, INC. I would love to think I've won a trip but how possible is that????

Thanks

tooltime

Anyone ever heard of Travel Getaway Inc?
I got an email this morning that said I have won a trip to Disney. It said that some time ago, I signed up at one of their free offer giveaway sites. It's from Sue Madden, Travel Getaways, INC. I would love to think I've won a trip but how possible is that????

Thanks

i did a quick google and did not see anything, but i only did one search.

i'd be wary...is anything really free on the internet?:drevil:

shello1113

Original Poster
Exactly, I did the google search too and didn't find anything either. It says my package is on its way, I won't hold my breath.
Thanks for the quick responses!

macsmom

I keep getting emails from some place called DisneyTravel4u or something like that. They say they have my address, but I have to confirm and then my free park tickets are on their way. I'm thinking of sending them an email saying send them to me if you already have my address. They send a link, but no one has heard of the site.

danna

BiggerTigger

My mother had a solution for these supposed sign ups, when we are out and about and see one of those sign up booths for winning something, she uses a nickname (like sue would be susie q.). That way if someone sends her something with her nickname she knows she did sign up for it. All others will be tossed or trashed.

hcswingfield

Emails like this are called "phishing." If you reply, they know that the email address they used for you is valid, and they can sell that information to any number of spammers.

Opening the email can also add spyware to your computer, which will slow it down and increase the number of pop up ads you get.

Bottom line is don't open or reply to any email from someone you don't know.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Emails like this are called "phishing." If you reply, they know that the email address they used for you is valid, and they can sell that information to any number of spammers.

Opening the email can also add spyware to your computer, which will slow it down and increase the number of pop up ads you get.

Bottom line is don't open or reply to any email from someone you don't know.

So VERY true!

Also, alot of these types things are time share gimmicks, where they get you down there and torture you for hours on end, then give you, MAYBE, a one day pass to ONE park!

Or, in order for you to be eligible, you must spend $500.00 buying some type of their merchandise online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom