Is this a good price for a D90?

LilSuzy

Original Poster
I found a brand new Nikon D90 with the kit lens 18-105 for $719, that's a good price yes?

One last thing...I really want to add the sigma 30mm lens (for low light) to this kit but havn't had luck staying under my price range. However I found the 35mm is a lil cheaper. Will the results be the same in low light with this lens? I'd LOVE opinions on these 2 lenses?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Where is that from?

Amazon and BHphoto have it listed $1199. Those two are usually the cheapest amongst the reputable suppliers.

ddbowdoin

I found a brand new Nikon D90 with the kit lens 18-105 for $719, that's a good price yes?

One last thing...I really want to add the sigma 30mm lens (for low light) to this kit but havn't had luck staying under my price range. However I found the 35mm is a lil cheaper. Will the results be the same in low light with this lens? I'd LOVE opinions on these 2 lenses?

is it used or refurbished?

I actually saw a kitted D90 (open box) at best buy last week for 699. I asked the guy to take it out and it looked great. Seriously looked like a soccer mom bought then her husband or other way around said you paid what ?!?!?!?

CP_alum08

That's a killer price for new.

As far as 30mm vs. 35mm. I assume you are talking about the 35mm f/1.8. The Sigma 30mm is f/1.4 so you will get that extra stop for low light.

I use the 35mm /1.8 with a D90 and have gotten some pretty good results on dark rides. I haven't used the Sigma, but I think it's an all around sharper lens than the Nikon, considering it costs more, it should be!

In my signature there is a link to my flickr page, most of the newer dark ride shots are with the 35mm and D90, to give you an idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom