Is There Room for a Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride?

Pumbaa

Original Poster
It looks like Belle's Village and the Beast's castle are backing up against the Backstage in the oncoming expansion. I think that aside from The Little Mermaid ride, this whole area will be the jewel of the expansion simply for its beauty and what will hopefully be a very good sit down restaurant which the park desperately needs. But many on these boards feel that Beauty and the Beast is the most deserving Disney film of a dark ride, and it seems as though that would be perfect for phase 2. But budgetary reasons aside, is it feasible to build a full scale Dark Ride in that section of the park after Phase 1 has been complete?

DisneyParksFan1

Well, the Beauty and the Beast area, Cinderella area, and Pixie Hollow have space for an attraction. The imagineers have hinted at a possible attraction for Pixie Hollow in Phase 2. They have also hinted on there being "more" to the Cindy area. But as of now, nothing for Beauty and the Beast. I agree with you that it needs a ride of some sorts.

Who knows, maybe Phase 2 will bring many pleasant surprises.

tiaragirl

I'd prefer to see an attraction in the BatB area as opposed to Pixie Hollow. I know that many love Tink and the gang, but I feel like Beauty and the Beast is generally more deserving.

Can't wait to see how this all turns out though. I'm having a hard time picturing it (even with the concept art/etc).

DisneyParksFan1

I'd prefer to see an attraction in the BatB area as opposed to Pixie Hollow. I know that many love Tink and the gang, but I feel like Beauty and the Beast is generally more deserving.

Can't wait to see how this all turns out though. I'm having a hard time picturing it (even with the concept art/etc).

Yes, I agree with this as well. BatB is more deserving.

Studios Fan

Agreed. :)

BigThunderMatt

Once upon a time there were plans for a BatB ride but it got shelved. Honestly, I doubt it. That faux mountain with the Beast's castle at it's top is just a facade for what I'm assuming is going to be the large building containing Be Our Guest.

_Scar

Once upon a time there were plans for a BatB ride but it got shelved. Honestly, I doubt it. That faux mountain with the Beast's castle at it's top is just a facade for what I'm assuming is going to be the large building containing Be Our Guest.

It'll be an actual castle though right? Just miniature? (like Storybook Canal castles)

And I bet there is room behind the restaurant, but probably unlikely. :/

DisneyParksFan1

I'm thinking it will be large in size... I would kill myself if it was like the Storybook Land Canals... It will just use forced perspective to make it seem larger. That's the point of the rock work on the area. To make it seem really high up. It still won't be miniature though.

_Scar

I'm thinking it will be large in size... I would kill myself if it was like the Storybook Land Canals... It will just use forced perspective to make it seem larger. That's the point of the rock work on the area. To make it seem really high up. It still won't be miniature though.

It would be because it'd be perspective to create a bigger castle though... I think I'm getting this right that you don't enter through the castle.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
There is actually plenty of room behind and to the west of the new expansion area. The question is, how much of that land in usable being in the pyro fallout area. The service roads and backstage area can easily be moved, considering that a canal was moved for Lights, Motors, Action at DHS, so the only roadblock for more expansion (towards the WWRR tracks) would be the pyro issue.

_Scar

There is actually plenty of room behind and to the west of the new expansion area. The question is, how much of that land in usable being in the pyro fallout area. The service roads and backstage area can easily be moved, considering that a canal was moved for Lights, Motors, Action at DHS, so the only roadblock for more expansion (towards the WWRR tracks) would be the pyro issue.

Does this part of FLand close every night before Wishes now or no?

I think if the fall out is over a showroom, then it might not matter. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom