Is there a new book about secrets of the MK?

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
A friend of mine asked me if i knew the name and where i could buy this new secrets of the mk book... didn't even know there was one that just came out!?!?

ritchie56

I've had it preordered at Amazon for months and it was supposed to come out June 1 according to them. But they have not shipped yet, so it must be delayed? I had hoped to get it before we left for our trip this weekend, but that obviously isn't gonna happen.

MKCustodial

I'm thinking about getting this book. It was mentioned at Jim Hill's site early last month. I wanna read some reviews first, though, cause I don't want a overly-technical type book, although this doesn't seemed the case from the description I read.

Thorphin

I had also hoped to pick this up before this weekend's trip, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. My new hope is that it'll be available down in the parks. I love it when the Imagineers talk! I have another book, just called, Imagineering, I think. It's got Mickey Mouse on the front, but it's pretty big, and more driven by artwork than trivia and whatnot about the attractions. Still a great book, but not nearly as portable as the new one for Magic Kingdom.

jhastings74

MKCustodial said:
I'm thinking about getting this book. It was mentioned at Jim Hill's site early last month. I wanna read some reviews first, though, cause I don't want a overly-technical type book, although this doesn't seemed the case from the description I read.

There's nothing overly-techinical about it...it's most definitely meant for the everyday MK visitor...the full-page ad in Disney Magazine shows the book open to the pages on the Pirates of the Caribbean. From those pages, I found out that, "...The name on the coat of arms hanging over the Treasure Room final scene reads Marco Daviso, an obvious reference to the great artist and character designer who lent the attraction all of its great sight gags."

Can't wait to buy the book.

brkgnews

Your friend may also be thinking about this book...

Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth

Note that it's Disneyland, not Disney World.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And chances of buying it off the shelf in the UK are....

I`m still waiting to see Disney War in WH Smiths (UK readers please give sympathy)

wdisneynut, welcome :wave: !

CAPTAIN HOOK

marni1971 said:
And chances of buying it off the shelf in the UK are....

I`m still waiting to see Disney War in WH Smiths (UK readers please give sympathy)
Don't hold your breath - WHSmiths has a very poor selection of travel books - best UK "off the shelf" selection has got to be at Waterstones

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought that.. still nothing there either. Hitting the Trafford Center tomorrow so I`ll pop in. Damn, I still have these vouchers for Smiths from Christmas too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom