Is there a mydisneyexperience and FP+ tutorial online somewhere?

NC Del

Original Poster
Like a short little video that walks you through it? I am finding this whole thing really stressful. My trip is in a little over a week and I tried to add Belle's storytime thing to my fast pass via the mydisneyexperience app, I can't believe that 10 days out I can only get 530 or 715pm and we already have a dinner scheduled then. This all just seems like a ridiculous amount of planning ahead and scheduling to see/do activities that are supposedly available all day long.

Also we have my mom linked to a lot of our stuff but it says on the app that she is not eligible for my magic + . Why not? Is it b/c she hasn't downloaded the mydisneyexperience app yet?

I am starting to dread this trip.

stevehousse

Just so you know, are u trying to customize times or are you going by the times the app is automatically going you? When you first choose times for rides, it'll force you to choose a group of times, A, B, C, or D. These times are not the absolute only times they have. You can choose any set of times and then go back and customize the times that you want for all 3 choices. You are not limited to that set only! Hope that Helps!

NC Del

Original Poster
Huh?I can't figure out the app. The first time I couldn't even find the times, the next time was those options and they added 2 other random rides in with it which I thought was weird too, I guess maybe I hit the "fast picks" button to see what that would do. So basically it makes you choose the time and the other 2 random selections at the times they give you and THEN you have to go try to change the time for the one you wanted & delete the other 2 if you didn't want them? this is bizarre.

I don't want to add three at a time, I just want to add one as I come across what I really want to do. How do I do this??? This is crazy. Now it is stuck on "finalizing" and I just want to delete all of it.

ratherbeinwdw

Like a short little video that walks you through it? I am finding this whole thing really stressful. My trip is in a little over a week and I tried to add Belle's storytime thing to my fast pass via the mydisneyexperience app, I can't believe that 10 days out I can only get 530 or 715pm and we already have a dinner scheduled then. This all just seems like a ridiculous amount of planning ahead and scheduling to see/do activities that are supposedly available all day long.

Also we have my mom linked to a lot of our stuff but it says on the app that she is not eligible for my magic + . Why not? Is it b/c she hasn't downloaded the mydisneyexperience app yet?

I am starting to dread this trip.
Do you have your mother in your family and friends with "you manage this account" under her name? If so, and she doesn't want her own account, you simply add her ticket to her name and then you can make the fp's for her.
Also, at this point, you must make three fp's at a time.

Tom

Beta Return
1) Make sure you're using the website, and not the app. The site is much easier and faster, and keeps it slightly more logical. Only use the app when you're in the parks and want to access or change something.

2) Is your mom listed on your resort hotel reservation, and does she have valid theme park tickets linked to her MDE account (or at least to her profile in your account)? She can't use FP+ unless she's part of a Disney resort hotel stay and has tickets.

3) Let it do the fast picks for you, and get them all finalized. Then go back through the FP+ menu and choose to CHANGE existing FP+. Then you can select which FP, which people, and see additional times. You still may not get times you want, but there will at least be a couple options.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
To answer the question about your mom: if she is not staying at a Disney resort, then she is not eligible for advanced FP+ ( but she can make same day FP+ in the park. )

Selecting FP+ is a tedious process. The system makes you pick 3 at a time (no fewer) but you can change the picks and the times individually.

NC Del

Original Poster
Thanks all..yes, my mom is at the Polynesian with us and I have been able to link her to all our other stuff that is planned but via the website. I am going to try using the website instead of the app and see if it will work better. (update- I went to the website but it still says she is not eligible...I think maybe she hasn't signed up for it yet, I'll have to tell her to do that)

I have another question about the 3- does that mean 3 per individual per day or 3 per family/reservation per day?

stevehousse

It can be individual. So if u want to ride space mountain, you can choose that for you and choose a different ride for others if u wish.

You should be able choose 3 rides first, then it will prompt you to choose times from different categories, A B C and D. Choose any of those, and once those are confirmed, you can go back as edit the times and the it should show a wide selection of times for you to change.

NC Del

Original Poster
Well after not very long playing around w/ this system I am totally discouraged and don't even want to use Fast Passes. I am 10 days out and can't get things before 530pm? This is crazy. And what if I don't want to schedule 3 right now or maybe don't know what I want except the one? I guess since I can't even find a time that doesnt' conflict with dinner for the only thing I definitely wanted to schedule, I will just wing the whole thing!

stevehousse

Well after not very long playing around w/ this system I am totally discouraged and don't even want to use Fast Passes. I am 10 days out and can't get things before 530pm? This is crazy. And what if I don't want to schedule 3 right now or maybe don't know what I want except the one? I guess since I can't even find a time that doesnt' conflict with dinner for the only thing I definitely wanted to schedule, I will just wing the whole thing!
With the system the way it is, you are forced to choose 3. Now when you say there are no times before 530, r you trying to change 1 FP time around or is that the time Disney is giving you for the start of the 3 FPs?

Tom

Beta Return

It won't show you times if they overlap with one of your dining reservations or another active FP+. That makes is very tricky to book them. It took us 2 hours to set them up for a mere 5 days in the parks.

It's very discouraging, but take a breath and just do it one day at a time. Let it suggest them, pick the option that at least has them in the order you want, then save it.

Once you're ALL done, go back to your Dashboard, go to FP+, and go through the prompts to change them. But remember, if you have a FP+ for 1-2pm, and then a dinner ADR at 3pm, it won't show you anything until after you should be done with dinner.

stevehousse

i will post this again and hopefully this will help you out!

1. Select a day to choose FP+ for
2. Select the park you want those FP+ picks for
3. The list of rides should pop up on the next screen.
4. Go ahead and choose your 3 rides. the system forces you to choose 3 and 3 only. you cant just choose 1. even if you just want 1 Fp pick, you will still need to choose 3 others.
5. next a prompt of time blocks will come up.
6. there will be different sets of times to choose from A, B, C or D. A is morning times, B is afternoon times, C is evening times, and D is a mix of times. Again, these times are not set in stone, but you must choose one of the selections, either A, B, C or D.
7. It will ask you to confirm your selection and you will be good to go. If you want to keep those times, you are finished! if you want to change your times, follow ahead to the next steps.
8. on your itinerary for each day, choose "change fp+ picks"
9. It will prompt you to either change the experience, or change the time.
10. click change the time and a new prompt will come up.
11. select the ride that you want a different time for and proceed to the next step.
12. there will be times that pop up on the right side of the page, which will again, be in 1 hour increments and there should be a good amount of times to choose from.
13. select the new time you want and confirm your new time.
14. repeat steps 8-14 for each ride time you need to change.

the change times and change rides work the exact same in the system. it is a little time consuming, but dont let it overwhelm you! if you need anymore help, please let me know!

doctornick

I think Disney has a tutorial online at disneyworld.disney.go.com/incredible

That's the website they put in the brochures they send out to people are scheduled to stay at the resort.

FigmentsFangirl

What if your mother loses her account access ? In the manner of say, asking for a password reset, resetting the password, then nothing whatsoever. Only being told "the email/user name or password do not match" My mom has been fighting with this system pretty much since we arrived. We're not app smart people either. we prefer the tried and true laptops or desktops.

Now; from what we have been told, my parents at least, is that we need a iphone or android phone with the app on there, none of us in my family aside from my older siblings have even an iPod touch. Why are all the people at the MM+ centers insisting on using the app when we clearly do not have such a device to run it ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom