Is the Justice Department looking at COMCAST?

seascape

Original Poster
Fox Business is reporting that the Justice Department is looking at COMCAST. They report that as their current deal with the Federal Government is up in September that they are looking into if it should be extended, eliminated or take further action. Fox Business reported that the Fed's don't that the merger has benefited the consumers. As a cable customer I agree. Comcast has continued to raise the rates for their channels without a fight and raising their cable fees. All cable companies should try to keep rates down but Comcast has a conflict and can just bill the consumer.

seascape

Original Poster
This is a theme park forum, not a place to complain about your cable bill. I have no idea what merger you're even referring to.
I thought everyone knew Comcast owns Universal. The prior merger the Justice Department is looking at is their purchase on NBC/Universal. This should be of major interest here because it has a direct relationship to what happens to Universals themeparks.

teebin

From what I have read the most that might happen would be that Comcast is hit with a huge fine. Otherwise, it seems like a whole bunch of nothing.

seascape

Original Poster
From what I have read the most that might happen would be that Comcast is hit with a huge fine. Otherwise, it seems like a whole bunch of nothing.
If all they get is a find then something is wrong. Comcast should never have been allowed to purchase NBC/Universal. It was bad for consumers but was good for Universal's themeparks. I have my doubts about the Disney Fox merger and the AT&T Time Warner merger. I am a strong believer in free and fair competition. Yes, as a Disney fan and stockholder and also a Fox strockholder I prefer Disney to Comcast but neither should really be allowed and Comcast should be forced to sell NBC Uiniversal.

For the record as an employee of a state utility regulator I was not allowed to own any Comcast stock.

JT3000

If all they get is a find then something is wrong. Comcast should never have been allowed to purchase NBC/Universal. It was bad for consumers but was good for Universal's themeparks. I have my doubts about the Disney Fox merger and the AT&T Time Warner merger. I am a strong believer in free and fair competition. Yes, as a Disney fan and stockholder and also a Fox strockholder I prefer Disney to Comcast but neither should really be allowed and Comcast should be forced to sell NBC Uiniversal.

For the record as an employee of a state utility regulator I was not allowed to own any Comcast stock.

Comcast purchasing NBC/Universal is "bad", but you only "have doubts" about Disney purchasing Fox and AT&T purchasing Time Warner.

lol

If other companies are being allowed to monopolize the entertainment industry to the extent they have, the government isn't going to step in here either.

seascape

Original Poster
Comcast purchasing NBC/Universal is "bad", but you only "have doubts" about Disney purchasing Fox and AT&T purchasing Time Warner.

lol

If other companies are being allowed to monopolize the entertainment industry to the extent they have, the government isn't going to step in here either.
I would not approve the Disney Fox merger if it included Hulu. Hulu should be spun off. I also am not sure about the regional sports networks being included in the deal. As for Sky in Europe, just like Comcast I do not think channel providers should own distribution. It allows too much of an opportunity to rip off consumers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom