Is the integration of digital technology within Walt Disney World impacting the experience of those with limited digital capabilities?

Prince-1

not sure where you get your stats.. or why 1922 is so big to you.. but none of these facts are accurate. Not even in the most car heavy country in the world (the US) is household car ownership at 95% - and we are the highest adopters by percent. So 99.9%? Stop with the hand waving.

Besides, ownership in some areas varies greatly

Income levels also drive that stat significantly

Plus... on the subject matter at hand... we already have decades of experience that prove you don't HAVE to have a smart-device for the product to be utilized or accessible. This is a CHOICE by the company - not a requirement

It’s embarrassingly stupid how he made up a crazy statistic and expected people to think that 92% of people had cars back in 1922.

TrainsOfDisney

It’s embarrassingly stupid how he made up a crazy statistic and expected people to think that 92% of people had cars back in 1922.
Or that it has any comparison to smart phones being necessary in the parks. My lack of a vehicle ownership has never stopped me from enjoying anything at a Disney Park.

Me not having the latest update on my iPhone locked me out of several features on a visit a few years ago.

Walt Disney1955

Here is something that a few of us who don't rely on our phones were chuckling at a bit in Canada today. There is a major internet provider that a lot of people and businesses have that crashed today. All day. Everyone was having an issue with debit, credit, e-transfers, etc. I carry cash most of the time. I'm a big guy and unless you have a gun, you aren't getting a dime of my money if you try to rob me, so I never worry about it. But I carry cash on me and use debit as little as possible. So people have been panicking today and at 10pm much of the problem is still not fixed.

The problem is, no one is going to realize that the people who for years have told them that cash is good and a cashless society is very bad were right all along. Sure, today they might reluctantly admit those people are right, but tomorrow when everything they have stored on their phone is back up and running they'll forget it all.

So why am I saying this? It is because we are obsessed with our phones in society. We use them for everything, and that is a very bad idea to have that sort of reliance on technology to the point where you can't even use your money. And the average Disney park guest is now at the point where they can't fathom (!) the idea of going through the parks without their phone navigating for them.

As for me, my old school system worked just like a charm in all of the parks we visited because I did the same things that worked in the 1990s, and plan on it again. I will be the one NOT relying on his phone. Actually won't even have one with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom