Is the Disney Florist the only way to get a tree for the room?

MysticOrient

Original Poster
Hi;

We're heading down to the world on Dec 11. I thought it might be fun to have a tree in our room. I saw on the Disney Florist site that, rather than showing how much it costs, you have to "call for information" (which is never a good thing!).

(A) Does anyone know about how much that costs?
(B) Are there any other services that do this?

Thanks!
:xmas:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Last year I took my own little tree down. I bought a cheap little artificial tree for about $3 and put a mini strand of lights on it and made my own disney ornaments. I made the ornaments by putting stickers on colored paper and used curling ribbon to hang them. It fit in my carry-on bag and it was a nice surprise for my husband. It added a little extra Christmas spirit without being too expensive.:xmas:

I also took down a couple of disney Christmas window clings too.

disneypearl

I don't know how much they are but they do look beautiful. I saw one on a Samantha Brown WDW show and have always wanted one.

NYwdwfan

From mousesavers.com:

If you want to have flowers, gift baskets or even a decorated Christmas tree sent to your Disney resort room or to your stateroom on the cruise ship, the "official" florist is Walt Disney World Florist. They can do special romance baskets, sprinkle your bed with rose petals -- you name it! Their quality is excellent but the prices are high. (For instance, the 2009 Disney World Christmas trees, delivered directly to your resort room, were $295-$395 for a decorated 3 1/2 to 4-foot tree!) Visit their web site or call (407) 827-3505 for more information.

Yikes - I read somewhere else that they also ship it home for you...but still!!

MarkTwain

Last year I took my own little tree down. I bought a cheap little artificial tree for about $3 and put a mini strand of lights on it and made my own disney ornaments. I made the ornaments by putting stickers on colored paper and used curling ribbon to hang them. It fit in my carry-on bag and it was a nice surprise for my husband. It added a little extra Christmas spirit without being too expensive.:xmas:

I also took down a couple of disney Christmas window clings too.

That's we've always done... we go down to WDW near Christmas, and always bring a store-bought 2 foot tall tree with us to set up in the room. I couldn't imagine paying $300 for a 4 foot tree. :eek:

tigsmom

The best (and least expensive) way is to bring your own. You can pack one in or pick it up at the local WalMart when you get there. The stuff from the Disney Florist is beautiful, but very expensive.

Yensid40

We have never brought our own tree down. We bring a bunch of lights and put them on the wall shaped like a tree. We get green ones to out line the tree then put all the garland and a few ornaments up.

Just another suggestion.

The trees that Disney puts up are pretty sweet though.

disneydata

Here is the flier that will be available in Disney resorts for the holidays. The cheapest tree available through the florist is $169.

Attachments

• xmasfloral.jpg
    xmasfloral.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 208

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have never brought our own tree down. We bring a bunch of lights and put them on the wall shaped like a tree. We get green ones to out line the tree then put all the garland and a few ornaments up.

Just another suggestion.

The trees that Disney puts up are pretty sweet though.

How do you attach the lights to the wall?

Alztybrn

The larger tree from Disney Florist is $400 and then another $100 to have it shipped home!

But.....it really is beautiful...just not quite sure it is $400 beautiful :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Plant a seed in the corner, rent the room for 20 years, PRESTO instant Christmas Tree.

Makes the Disney Florist sound cheap. :lookaroun

Fable McCloud

I think I'm in agreement with all the suggestions about bringing your own. I know it isn't the same as a live tree, but it's infinitely cheaper, and still a nice treat for family members.:rolleyes:

dreamfinder

You should be able to get something sent down from 1800Flowers, TelaFlora, FTD, etc. No idea if those prices would be any better, but the hotel should accept those deliveries.

Vernonpush

We've taken small artificial trees with us before:
100_0295-1.jpg

If you bring your own tree, remember to bring an extension cord (or two) and the little wire hangers for ornaments - we had to tie the ornaments on the tree with dental floss the first year :lol:.

Vernonpush

So pretty & simple! You get a nice little Christmas tree with Mickey themed ornaments. I think it's lovely.:lol:

It was a tree (pre-lit) we bought in AL. and took with us. We bought the ornaments in the Parks. The star on top is just a metal "Mickey Star" ornament that I slipped over the top of the tree and top light bulb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom