Is the Country Bear Jamboree better now or worse?

Is the Country Bear Jamboree better now or worse?

• Yes it is much better

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Yes it is a bit better

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • No it is a bit worse

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • No it is much worse

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters

Tony the Tigger

I always say, why not both? Then I remember how cheap they are.
Because their job is efficiency. They need to replace attractions with underperforming attendance, not keep the old ones around for 20-30% of the crowd out of some kind of duty to the historical society. It’s not a museum.

The cheap (possibly out of necessity) part was not knocking down the entire show building and starting over, thus providing the opportunity to make a better Frozen ride - which I think is overall good except the part where you see Elsa and there’s all that extra space.

Chef Mickey

Because their job is efficiency. They need to replace attractions with underperforming attendance, not keep the old ones around for 20-30% of the crowd out of some kind of duty to the historical society. It’s not a museum.

The cheap (possibly out of necessity) part was not knocking down the entire show building and starting over, thus providing the opportunity to make a better Frozen ride - which I think is overall good except the part where you see Elsa and there’s all that extra space.
Disney has the money to do practically anything in the parks. They don’t have the ideas or desire. I can point you to decisions that cost billions more like the app, mismanagement of Disney Plus, flopped movies, flopped shows that cost hundreds of millions and other poor investments that would tell you Disney couldn’t care less about spending shareholder money efficiently.

Park investments aren’t valued because they simply have prior investments they can leverage to increase price…until they don’t and the parks are nothing like before. Lazy, underinvested attractions like Frozen are a step toward mediocrity and the destruction of the brand. That mindset has already caused the company to dramatically underperform the expectations of an industry leader with such a powerful brand.

The entire business has been terrible over the last 5 years and Parks were the only good story lately. Now, we saw even the Parks show weakness.

The museum quip was never even said by Disney but even if he did, there are still many examples of “museum” rides that are older and less visited, but remain due to cost. You make it sound like Disney quickly refreshes older attractions when they aren’t as popular. On the contrary, they ride that **** out for as long as possible.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

You know they made a real winner when almost every bit of praise has some kind of "well, under the circumstances..." or "at least they..." qualifier to it.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
You got the results you were looking for.

I just wanted honesty from people that have seen the show. It is what I was expecting as modern Disney has a horrible track record when they "re-imagine" things

Visually? FAR better! Best I've seen in decades; maybe ever. Content wise? FAR worse.

This is what I am getting. And who among us didn't want things visually better? We all did. The sound could be improved, the cleanliness could be improved, etc. But the content as a whole I am hearing is worse. Seems like another attraction that the charm got sucked out of.

ppete1975

Everybody keeps mentioning maelstrom, although I loved it (it was basically the only ride (with mexico) in world showcase, and the most thrilling at one point). And so much better than the 360 movies.

But most people got off wondering what they had just seen and not in a good way. Most tourists it was a do it once, I think most guidebooks said to skip. Frozen has lines out the door all day long. We can debate what BELONGS there, but as a ride Frozen is the better one for the park.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Everybody keeps mentioning maelstrom, although I loved it (it was basically the only ride (with mexico) in world showcase, and the most thrilling at one point). And so much better than the 360 movies.

But most people got off wondering what they had just seen and not in a good way. Most tourists it was a do it once, I think most guidebooks said to skip. Frozen has lines out the door all day long. We can debate what BELONGS there, but as a ride Frozen is the better one for the park.

Frozen is a better ride, yes. They could have kept both though. Nothing wrong with spreading out the lines more and keeping the Norwegian culture on display.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom