Is the BTMRR refurb running behind?

Rasvar

Not so much that the projector was mounted upside down. Those projectors are designed to be set to show the display from either way the projector is set. However, an error could reset it to default mode. If hung from a ceiling, most projectors default mode would be upside down.

bethymouse

I thought BTMRR was reopening in May and that TT is down from April 17-September 27. TT should reopen before EPCOT'S 30th on October 1st!

HMF

Would love to get some kind of confirmation on this. I've heard from another cast member that August is being thrown around as a re-opening date now. I'd really love for that assertion to be wrong.

August is indeed the expected opening. That's what happens when you let it sit for years without a refurb when the refurb actually comes it takes twice as long and frankly people hoping it opens earlier and/or I want it to be open for my vacation etc. does not help because the Attractions need to have these refurbs as long as it takes for the show to be 100%. The problem is TDO is afraid to close attractions and why many of the attractions in sorry shape.

Atomicmickey

I'm just hoping the coaster rails are filled with railroad beams again.

Anything above that will be a bonus. Hopefully some surprises in store.

I may be full of it--but it seemed last time we were there, about a year
ago, the ride was running slow. Maybe new track will let them up
the speed a bit.

But, yeah. Rails.

stitch2008

I'm just hoping the coaster rails are filled with railroad beams again.

Anything above that will be a bonus. Hopefully some surprises in store.

I may be full of it--but it seemed last time we were there, about a year
ago, the ride was running slow. Maybe new track will let them up
the speed a bit.

But, yeah. Rails.

Railroad ties are being put back in. What ive heard is, ride is just about ready to test from a mechanical stand point. Trains are now getting looked out. WDI still playing around all over the place and probably will till May 27th. Said they should get the queue finished quickly once they get it enclosed. But from a mechanical ride point of view, it's almost ready to be handed over to WDI/TDO.

I wanna correct you on something. There is no new track, just appears to be replaced track ties(not the fake ones) and treated rails. And the temperature could have caused the ride to run slower. That and train weight. But really, trains have more to do with ride speed and comfort then the track does.

disney fan 13

Railroad ties are being put back in. What ive heard is, ride is just about ready to test from a mechanical stand point. Trains are now getting looked out. WDI still playing around all over the place and probably will till May 27th. Said they should get the queue finished quickly once they get it enclosed. But from a mechanical ride point of view, it's almost ready to be handed over to WDI/TDO.

I wanna correct you on something. There is no new track, just appears to be replaced track ties(not the fake ones) and treated rails. And the temperature could have caused the ride to run slower. That and train weight. But really, trains have more to do with ride speed and comfort then the track does.

When is that supposed to happen?

Flswimmer

I hope this is open first week of june

My annual passes expire June 10, so i'm going from June 1-10 to disney world . I hope this open by then, because it's an awesome ride, and if it's not open, it will probably be at least another year or so before I can go back.

Atomicmickey

Thanks for the info, and the correction. No worries. I didn't mean they were replacing track, just obviously strengthening/repairing/gussying up existing track.

This looks like good news for BTMRR, from what I can tell.

I also hope that, besides the rocks/projection effects--that there is thunderous sound in that show scene as well. I have a memory (perhaps flawed) of a mighty rumble, "back in the day". That would add greatly to whatever effect they end up implementing in there.

katarn112

Any chances that this thing might have some kind of limited soft openings the week before? I'll be there from the 19th to the 25th of May, really sucks that it reopens only 2 days after we leave. Has TDO ever done anything like that before with other attractions in the past?

bcoachable

Our family was able to ride EE during soft openings about a month before, so I would say yes, it has been known to happen, but I would not get too excited until it happens...

HMF

Any chances that this thing might have some kind of limited soft openings the week before? I'll be there from the 19th to the 25th of May, really sucks that it reopens only 2 days after we leave. Has TDO ever done anything like that before with other attractions in the past?

Yes they have, often before the attraction is fully ready causing embarrassing results, (Spaceship Earth 07 for instance).

menamechris

They did this with Space Mountain. I rode is a good week or two before it was scheduled to be re-opened last refurb...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom