Is the BTMRR refurb running behind?

RalphinSC

Original Poster
I've heard a couple of rumbling on other threads about the BTMRR refurb running past the original May 27th completion date, largely as a reason for the delayed Test Track refurbishment. I know this is a rumor hidden in the reasoning of another rumor so don't roast me for it. :hammer: I did look to see if i could find anything else circulating around about the progress of the BTMRR work and I figured that this would be a good place to ask. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything to either support or squash this.

I have just read on another forum that there is more work to be done than originally thought.
Real shocker was that I read the new target date for reopening is August.
Now this is maybe a load of rubbish so looks like we will have to wait for announcement from Disney or for someone in the know to respond!

HMF

This is what happens when you neglect routine maintenance for so long. When the big refurb finally comes it takes longer it takes to finish.

janoimagine

Exactly, I have also heard that the exec's over at Chevy are none too thrilled because this may push back the refit for Test Track. They have a lot of time and money into new marketing and promo materials as well as TV spots to promote the updated attraction and TDO is backpedaling on the closure right now. This should be interesting.

captainkidd

I have just read on another forum that there is more work to be done than originally thought.
Real shocker was that I read the new target date for reopening is August.
Now this is maybe a load of rubbish so looks like we will have to wait for announcement from Disney or for someone in the know to respond!

If BTMRR and Test Track are both to be down in July, I'm cancelling our trip. Seriously. Those are my oldest son's 2 favorite rides.

MerlinTheGoat

I just hope they don't open BTM prematurely and cut its refurb budget (like apparently what happened with Space Mountain). I want it to get the attention it deserves and open like new.

HMF

Exactly, I have also heard that the exec's over at Chevy are none too thrilled because this may push back the refit for Test Track. They have a lot of time and money into new marketing and promo materials as well as TV spots to promote the updated attraction and TDO is backpedaling on the closure right now. This should be interesting.

Dig your own grave and save!:animwink:

Scuttle

I just hope they don't open BTM prematurely and cut its refurb budget (like apparently what happened with Space Mountain). I want it to get the attention it deserves and open like new.

Me to! I don't care if it takes until Christmas I want big Thunder in opening day shape with ALL the effects working. I will be soooo disappointed if the falling rock/earthquake scene is still broke after this refurb.

captainkidd

Me to! I don't care if it takes until Christmas I want big Thunder in opening day shape with ALL the effects working. I will be soooo disappointed if the falling rock/earthquake scene is still broke after this refurb.

I heard that wasn't going to be fixed. Can't for the life of me understand why. Hardly advanced technology there.

MerlinTheGoat

I dunno where or from whom i heard it, but i think i recall someone somewhere saying the shaking rock would be replaced by a digitally mapped projection to simulate shaking. Not sure though. Better than nothing, but ideally they'd just fix the effect that has worked for more than 30 years...

I dunno where or from whom i heard it, but i think i recall someone somewhere saying the shaking rock would be replaced by a digitally mapped projection to simulate shaking. Not sure though. Better than nothing, but ideally they'd just fix the effect that has worked for more than 30 years...

That is correct.

If you rode it on the last day before the refurb you would have been able to see it. It was running backwards but still.

MerlinTheGoat

That is correct.

If you rode it on the last day before the refurb you would have been able to see it. It was running backwards but still.

I didn't catch it before it closed. How did it look? And what do you mean by backwards? You mean the video was being played in reverse or something?

celluloid

I didn't catch it before it closed. How did it look? And what do you mean by backwards? You mean the video was being played in reverse or something?

From what I heard others saying about it that were able to catch it were that it made the rocks fall up because the projector was mounted upside down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom