Is the 7 month window enough to get AKL during the slow seasons?

tjkraz

In all, Animal Kingdom Lodge is typically easy to book at 7 months. However, the Concierge level rooms and Value rooms are much more difficult to get at 7 mos. Concierge is only about 1% of all villas so that's virtually impossible to get for non-owners. Value also has a pretty small room count and those tend to be popular among owners due to the low nightly point cost.

It's also noteworthy that only about 20% of villas are located in the original Jambo House building. The rest are in Kidani Village. Some people prefer the grandeur of Jambo House. With the smaller number of rooms, that building can be tougher to reserve.

But if you aren't particular about the building and plan to book either Standard or Savanna View, it's a near certainty that you'll be successful getting a reservation right at 7 months.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You probably could; we have a friend who got it five days in advance (he was joking around with his five year old grandson about going to Disney, and his grandson started packing, so he just called up, got a room, hopped in the car and drove down. Anyway...) but like the earlier advice said, buy where you want to stay. It's the safest way to go. You don't want to get stuck staying someplace you really don't want to be, or worse yet, waiting and then not being able to get something.

Forget the talk about DVCs, I want to apply to be his Grand Daughter.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I am looking at the resale market for DVC. We would like to stay at AKL most of the time, but I am having trouble finding the deal I want. If I was to buy SSR or some other resort, what are my chances of getting a room at AKL in May, Aug, Sept or Oct?

I am looking at going at some point in the next few weeks. I have checked as recently as this morning and all nights are opening. Other than Hell Week and Food and Wine/E30 I have NEVER had an issue getting in anywhere even a few days out owning at SSR

Mrs Potts

We boooked our upcoming trip less than 90 days out and there was still availability at ALV. We bought at OKW because it was the most economical and have had really good luck getting what we wanted at the 7-month window, either right when we caled or by using waitlist. But I agree that if AKV is what you want, hold out because that perfect contract will come along.

disneyeater

It really depends on when and where you want to go. If you like to vacation during the holidays and want to stay at VWL, buy where you want to stay. If you want to stay at BWV or BCV during food and wine, buy where you want to stay. That is not saying you couldn't get these hotels at these times, but it can be difficult at times.

For someone like me who wants to travel at various times and stay in various resorts, I bought where I wouldn't mind staying.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
It really depends on when and where you want to go. If you like to vacation during the holidays and want to stay at VWL, buy where you want to stay. If you want to stay at BWV or BCV during food and wine, buy where you want to stay. That is not saying you couldn't get these hotels at these times, but it can be difficult at times.

For someone like me who wants to travel at various times and stay in various resorts, I bought where I wouldn't mind staying.

Three weeks ago I booked Boardwalk for four nights in October. That was six and a half months out. I had zero issues booking it and never had unless Food and Wine at the last second.

Still have never had a VWL issue at 7 or 6 months out for the Holiday unless directly around hell week. But most DVC owners are smart enough to not visit then.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We boooked our upcoming trip less than 90 days out and there was still availability at ALV. We bought at OKW because it was the most economical and have had really good luck getting what we wanted at the 7-month window, either right when we caled or by using waitlist. But I agree that if AKV is what you want, hold out because that perfect contract will come along.

With buying resale the price per point is something focused on. I have several friends that wish they would have purchased SSR resale instead of the 11 month window at AKL for the SOLE reason of AKL point ADs are jumping through the roof while SSR's are nice and cozy.

Boardwalk is harder during FW right now but as it comes closer there are several cancellations and openings that come around.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I see someone backpedaled and deleted their post. Too bad I didn't have the time to reply from my phone earlier. T'would have been great!

Prince-1

This is the BEST advice :).

Now - having said that.... AKL is routinely on the WDW "Discount List" for reduced room rate discount offers. This occurs when WDW can't get people to stay at a place - they don't discount rooms that they can get full price for.

So - CURRENTLY, I suspect you would have no problem at ALL booking AKL at 7 months... or even 3 :).

Or 3 weeks. We just reserved it yesterday and had a choice between OKW and AKL. We also got the Savannah view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom