Is T-REX worth it?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I do not remember how good or bad the food was because it was so nosey that I had a headache after the first five minutes. Will never go in there again.

epcotisbest

I do not remember how good or bad the food was because it was so nosey that I had a headache after the first five minutes. Will never go in there again.
I got a massive headache in the glowing ice cave room and asked to be moved. We got moved over to the far back away from the ice cave thing and I felt better soon. It was quieter back there too. And the food was pretty good, ribs and burgers.

Last edited:
We ate at T-Rex for the first time a few weeks back and thought it was amazing! It was our first night of our first ever trip to WDW so maybe the excitement of it all added to the experience. I thought it was by far the best themed restaurant we went to and the food was good. We also had a really nice waiter which always helps.

epcotisbest

We ate at T-Rex for the first time a few weeks back and thought it was amazing! It was our first night of our first ever trip to WDW so maybe the excitement of it all added to the experience. I thought it was by far the best themed restaurant we went to and the food was good. We also had a really nice waiter which always helps.
The theme is very well done, maybe even a bit over the top, which I don't mind in a themed restaurant.

Rutt

Not worth it. Overpriced - but you are paying for the atmosphere. Service is meh...and food is somewhat boring. They kind of put "asauras" on everything (Guac-asaurus Burger, Pork-asaurus Sandwich, Caesar-saurus Salad) and call it unique. It's not. It's a burger or a pork sandwich or a caesar salad. But hey, if you got kids that love dinos, go for it.

Wife and I went there in January. We got seated right next to a cool animatronic baby dinosaur. Cool, right? WRONG. Every 3 seconds someone would stop, have their child climb on the rock and take a picture right in front of my face.

I'm usually not this negative about a place, but I was very disappointed.
Im sorry your experience was so bad. :(

We love it. It's actually a tradition of ours that every time we go to Disney we eat there for dinner on the first night. In fact, we are going to Universal in October but have still booked our first dinner there.
Our two boys love the experience and the food. While for us its not Epcot amazing, its still very good. As for the service, we might be biased but our first time there our oldest son was being a brat and rocking in his chair. Despite multiple warnings from both ourselves and our waitress (who was amazing btw), he did manage to rock too far backwards one time and fell. While not hurt physically, he was pretty embarrassed. Despite the fact that she had warned him, the waitress was still the first on scene making sure he was ok and consoling him. Shortly thereafter, the manager was out with two of their (very overpriced) dinosaur slushy cup things, one for each boy. He then comped our dinner despite our objections. Yes, I know, lawsuits blah blah blah but in our eyes, they did not have to do any of this but they did. Needless to say our waitress got a very healthy tip.
Each time we have returned our service has been exceptional and we have left happy.

Is it loud? Yep.
Are there kids climbing on everything? Check
Is it fun? For sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom