Is summer the new low season?

LudwigVonDrake

Wait times (more so than crowds) seem to be a positive to FP+. It seems that the crowds are consistent with previous years but now FP+ has leveled the playing field and there is a more even distribution of wait times across all 4 parks (excluding the major ones). I will be there next week and looking forward to seeing how things pan out.

I go every summer and this year the wait times weren't horrible EXCEPT Pirates and Haunted Mansion being 30-45 minute waits due to FP+. FP+ kills rides that don't need FP like Pirates, HM and Small World.

I won't even get into the 120 minute waits for the Mine Train.

LudwigVonDrake

If you go at the start of Summer all of the Brazilian tour groups are there, which makes the wait times SUPER long, so that is not a good time to go.

The tour groups were there this year but not to the disruptive level of years past. I barely noticed them and only once did I deal with the clapping singing thing in line and that was Big Thunder.

ImagineerDude

My cousin lives in Indiana and her daughter went to school year round, then she moved just to another town and that school didn't follow the same schedule. I thought that was weird. They also say "spelling bowl" instead of "spelling bee" but that's a different subject...
We have a "yearround" schedule. It's not what it seems. We still get out before June and start now in early August. We also get 2 weeks off for fall, Christmas, and Spring breaks. And I've always called it a spelling bee :bored::hilarious:

HatboxGhost

While I'm sure I'll be judged by all the high and mighty folks on here, I am doing exactly that - taking my kid out of school a couple weeks after she starts so we can have a trip down to WDW when the crowds are the lightest.
Good luck!!! You will have a great time!!

HatboxGhost

Perhaps those of us who like to go in September should delete our positive posts or join the bandwagon of September bashers in order to deter others from visiting that time of year? Now that I recall it, every ride was at least 60+.
At LEAST 90 for wait times as far as I recall and the temps were upwards of 110-120 degrees.........in the shade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom