Is stuffy from doc mcstuffins a tribute to figment?

mitchk

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed before, but I have always thought this, but never mentioned it on here. What do you think? They are both little dragons, they both have wings, the voices are even a little similar..... I always joke outside of playhouse Disney saying to my daughter look..its Figment, she always laughs, and says no it's Stuffy.. I Consider him a tribute to Figgy, anyone else?

Cmdr_Crimson

I thought he was inspired by The Reluctant dragon...
Dragon+REsized.jpg

However the Warner Bros film Quest For Camelot dragon Devon has a Figment look...And Ironically voiced by Eric Idle..

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

I know what both look like, and I'm sorry, I really don't see it. They're both dragons with little wings, but that's it. Not the same color, and Figment even has little horns. The voices... not that much either.
Really sorry!

mitchk

Original Poster
I know what both look like, and I'm sorry, I really don't see it. They're both dragons with little wings, but that's it. Not the same color, and Figment even has little horns. The voices... not that much either.
Really sorry!

What does Stuffy have on the top of his heado_O. But I respect your opinion :)

WedwayPM

Well obviously Stuffy isn't going to be the same color, sound exactly the same, look the same etc...but the fact remains, Figment WAS an inspiration for Stuffy even if only a little bit. I think it's cute the creators thought about Figment when designing the show.

From the Disney wiki page:
  • Stuffy (voiced by Robbie Rist in Seasons 1 and 2, Ben Scwartz in Season 3) - A stuffed blue dragon who tries to be the bravest dragon of all but does not succeed at that every time. He is one of Doc's friends and his other friends are Hallie, Lambie and Chilly. His design is partially inspired by Figment from the Epcot ride Journey Into Imagination. He has a crush on Lambie.

mitchk

Original Poster
Well obviously Stuffy isn't going to be the same color, sound exactly the same, look the same etc...but the fact remains, Figment WAS an inspiration for Stuffy even if only a little bit. I think it's cute the creators thought about Figment when designing the show.

• Stuffy (voiced by Robbie Rist in Seasons 1 and 2, Ben Scwartz in Season 3) - A stuffed blue dragon who tries to be the bravest dragon of all but does not succeed at that every time. He is one of Doc's friends and his other friends are Hallie, Lambie and Chilly. His design is partially inspired by Figment from the Epcot ride Journey Into Imagination. He has a crush on Lambie.
Nice. Thank you for the additional research.

FoozieBear

When I was at the Disney Store a few weeks ago, I was so thrilled when I found what looked like a Figment plush, but only when I got closer did I see that it was that character from McStuffins. So I guess it does have a lot of resemblance, but not when you compare it closely.

mitchk

Original Poster
When I was at the Disney Store a few weeks ago, I was so thrilled when I found what looked like a Figment plush, but only when I got closer did I see that it was that character from McStuffins. So I guess it does have a lot of resemblance, but not when you compare it closely.

Yes not exactly like him but a very good resemblance to him I just consider it them paying homage to figment

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Ah yes Robbie Rist..For many he's remembered as Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch. However....He's recocgnized as Michaelangelo in the live action TMNT Films
michaelangeloWikiaPappd.jpg

Plus he also saw his demise by the Hollywood sign in Sharknado...:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom