Is Staying on Property Worth It?

villianess

OK - so I'll admit it! We've never stayed "on property." I've only been to WDW ONCE (DL 3 times), and we stayed off-property at the same hotel as some friends of ours that met us in Orlando. It was very inexpensive at around $38/night - and it was fine. But, whenever we'd be riding them monorail back to our cars at the end of the day, we'd say how awesome it would be to stay in the Contemporary or one of the Disney hotels.
So, planning a trip in September, I'm considering staying on property...but the PRICE! I look at $38/night compared to $150+++/night - and I'm having a really hard time justifying it. Especially when we don't spend much time in the hotel! (My husband likes to get to the parks when they open and stay until they close).
I'd like some adivce. Is it worth the extra $$$???

shoppingnut

Darth Angelo said:
If MK was open 24 hours a day I wouldn't even need a hotel room.

This is exactly what Disney is afraid of, we'd all be in MK 24/7 and with no showering and sleep the places would be filled with very cranky rank smelling people!!!

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

shoppingnut said:
This is exactly what Disney is afraid of, we'd all be in MK 24/7 and with no showering and sleep the places would be filled with very cranky rank smelling people!!!

They would have to get a few Starbuck's on property to keep us all full of caffeine. :animwink:

Upvote 0

kbusch

In my opinion, it's definitely worth staying on property. My husband and I use to always stay off site when we would go to Disney. This past September we celebrated our 1 yr anniv and decided to stay on property for the 1st time to make it a little more special. Now having done so...I will NEVER stay off site again. It's just so much more convenient to stay at one of the Disney resorts, you are so close to everything & there are so many great perks to staying on site. My favorite part about staying at a WDW resort is that you are wrapped up in that Disney spirit & magic at all times!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom