Is Small World Still Opening This Friday!?

peter11435

Actually the main page says it will be closed through the 18th. Which means it will reopen on Saturday. However rumor is it will not open until Sunday.

KevinPage

In another post people have said Disney internally has it listed as the 20th, this Sunday and that is what AllEARS.net is reporting as well.

nibblesandbits

I wondered about this yesterday, and here's the response I got...

Enderikari said:
well, im sorry to disappoint, but even the operational updates calendar on Disney's website has been updated to say the 20th

Sorry...I wish it were opening on the 19th, but looks like it has been pushed back.

esauerh

Recent cast member literature states that the grand opening of IASW will be when the Happiest Celebration on Earth starts on 05/05/05.

mm52200

esauerh said:
Recent cast member literature states that the grand opening of IASW will be when the Happiest Celebration on Earth starts on 05/05/05.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

the-reason14

mm522 said:
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Thats exactly what Im thinking. I thought on the official site it said it was opening this saturday. I sure hope so, because me and my dad will be there next week, and I was hoping to see it. I mean I know I will eventually, because after that my family is going in june, but Ive been excited about the trip because of that. Ill probably die if it isnt open. :mad:

nibblesandbits

According to disneyworld.com, It's a Small World opens on March 20th (not on the 19th) However, the "official" opening, at least from what I'm understanding from esauerh is that on May 5th they will do something special to commemorate it being redone.

the-reason14

nibblesandbits said:
According to disneyworld.com, It's a Small World opens on March 20th (not on the 19th) However, the "official" opening, at least from what I'm understanding from esauerh is that on May 5th they will do something special to commemorate it being redone.

So basically its kinda like a soft opening. Or are they just going to wait for may. Seeing pics, I think that they'll probably postpone it untill may.

ISTCrew20

the-reason14 said:
So basically its kinda like a soft opening. Or are they just going to wait for may. Seeing pics, I think that they'll probably postpone it untill may.
According to some Cast Member information outlets, it will re-open on "Friday March 19th" lol (Friday is the 18th)

Montu

ISTCrew20 said:
According to some Cast Member information outlets, it will re-open on "Friday March 19th" lol (Friday is the 18th)

I don't know where you got that from - the only "cast member information outlet" I've seen lists the opening as March 18.

disneydata

The most current information, from the portal and a Guest Relations CM at MK:

"it's a small world" will be closed for refurbishment Sunday, May 2, 2004, through Saturday, March 19, 2005 and will re-open on Sunday, March 20, 2005.

gnease42

IF that 5/5/5 date is correct, here's my thinking.... It'll reopen next week like planned, THEN it'll be rededicated 5/5/5 as like a "gift" from disneyland. After all, wdw now has DL's facade as well as the smiling clock... OOOO reminds me, I need to put ISW clock back up on the site... :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom