Is Rock 'N' Roller Coaster still going down?

disneytopdog

I find this section of this site the funniest. "WDW News and Rumors". I have been keeping track of what the "INSIDERS" have been posting as "FACT" or "ITS GONNA HAPPEN" for the past 6 months, they have been running at about a 20% accuracy rate. I have come to the realization, "Its not true until its on disney.com"

I think this section should be split into two different sections "News" and "Rumors" With that being said let me get back to reading my local Sunday paper "The Dallas Morning News and Rumors"

bassman

soooooooooooo...................... is it going down september/october or not? :shrug:

im there 27th september to october 12th.will it be down for my trip

disneydudette

of course they will say that. If they were saying otherwise, it would already be on the schedule. All CMs give the official line before anything is officially announced. Suffice it to say, our "insiders" at this site do not get their info by calling Disney...

True, but that nifty CM newsletter helps alot doesn't it? I hardly consider that to be "trustable" information and I believe that is how this "rumor" was started: The rehab was posted in the newsletter. In fact... you get alot of people that throw out information they read on that.

Don't get me wrong, there is some very good, well rather interesting food for thought "insider" information on these boards, but from a very very select few. It's one of the best aspects of this board too!

Overall, only time will tell. It's not officially announced right now... so no refrubishment. I do stand by my original post, this is too short of notice for Disney to close an attraction for a month long rehab. Maybe we'll see a smaller 1 - 2 week closure instead.

goofntink

Not true,not closing. If it were there would have been some kind of talk about upcoming work from construction side.Not only that it is a little to late to schedule at this point,[not saying it has not been done before,]for something in Sept.

disneydata

Not true,not closing. If it were there would have been some kind of talk about upcoming work from construction side.Not only that it is a little to late to schedule at this point,[not saying it has not been done before,]for something in Sept.

There is NO construction going on, that's why there has been no construction news. This RnRC refurb is mainly ride control side and yes it will be happening. The dates just aren't confirmed yet.

Maria

I would think that if they are doing it, it would be easier to do it in september which is one of the slowest times of the year (if not the slowest one). On the other hand, that´s when most rides go on refurb... hhhmmm... If they do it in October they have something else to offer the guests: F&W Festival in Epcot (not that it even compares though...). So who knows! :shrug:
:D

Peterwhite171

We know there wont be any "Construction" but there has been no paper work filed at the authorities about installing new equipment which is what this rehab is going to be about. We saw this about a month before the HM and SSE went down for their rehab.

marnick1

Bummed Out

I have to admit I had been hoping and hoping this rumor was untrue. I have called Disney every week for the past two months and everytime I have been told it was not going down until this past week. This time they connected me to the ride and I received a call back confirming it was going down 9/5 for five weeks into October.
I think Disney has hit a new low here in that this has been known for over a year that they needed to replace the launch system and they have chosen not to mention this as a rehab for people planning vacations. Very bummed out!

mbly

I'm not sure how this rumor got started. I'm still somewhat new to this site, but have been a loyal reader. I don't believe RnCR will be rehab in Sept. or Oct. Disneyworld.com would have posted it by now. They seem to care about those who are planning a WDW trip. Major refurbs are planned many months ahead.

disneydata

I'm not sure how this rumor got started. I'm still somewhat new to this site, but have been a loyal reader. I don't believe RnCR will be rehab in Sept. or Oct. Disneyworld.com would have posted it by now. They seem to care about those who are planning a WDW trip. Major refurbs are planned many months ahead.
And when it does go down, I won't even have to say I told you so.

PanfanAL

I thought they replaced the launch system a few weeks ago when it was down. Wasn't that why it was closed on and off for a week?

marnick1

sorry

If you do not believe me call the Rock and Roller Coaster shop yourself. 407-560-4374 The start date of the rehab is 9/5 - I believe to get by Labor day weekend and is scheduled for a full five weeks. Sorry - it sucks but it's true.

Again - it is unbelievable to me that Disney has yet to update the public on this.

fyn

On a board where the general reaction to a rumor is "You're full of it," the mere fact that most people believe this one should pretty much make it gospel.

JML42691

I thought they replaced the launch system a few weeks ago when it was down. Wasn't that why it was closed on and off for a week?
The launch system wasn't replaced when the ride broke down several weeks ago, it was only repaired after it took too long to launch the cars and eventually ended up shutting down entirely. This event is probably why it is going down for a full replacement in September. The full week closure in the recent past was not planned and took so long to fix because the right parts and people were not on property, it was only fixed and was not replaced. The whole launch sytem will probably be replaced in the fall rather than simply being fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom