Is POTC ride really haunted????

cmor42180

Original Poster
i was looking up haunted places in my home stat and i figured id check out florida and see if anything was haunted around disney, i read 2 things in disney one is just a random tan figure is spotted sometimes near the castle but the other one is more interesting.... I read that on the pirates of the caribbean ride that cast members have to greet "george" every morning before the ride opens and at night after the ride closes otherwise the ride will malfunction during the operating hours. the story i read was "george" was someone who was building the ride back in the 70s and in the canon scene he had to work at higher levels and while he was working he fell to his death.... now does anyone know of this being true at all, or has anyone worked on the ride to see/ hear of anything???

Legacy

I know that if you say, "I don't believe in George" really loud as you load, your boat will end up stopping during the ride!

head mouse

Never heard of PotC being haunted. but I know for a fact that at the Haunted Mansion, if the CM forgets to place a fresh rose on Master Gracey's tomb stone, the ride will have problems all that day and/or a guest will get hurt.

kcnole

The mansion IS haunted and that's a fact. There's at least 999 confirmed haunts in that house. I hear that there's always room for one more as well.

head mouse

where is Master Graecy's tomb stone exactly?

It's in the grave yard B4 you enter the mansion.

100_0280.jpg

WelshBatman

George was a worker in Pirates of the Caribbean and he fell from the tower in the burning scene. The tower is named for George. As I've come to find out, the greeting thing is basically superstition but supposedly the door between that stage and the one on the other side, opens mysteriously. George is supposedly there and there are a billion stories as to what really happened to him, but that's probably the most plausible story.

robynchic

Also, George only stops the ride if a cast member yells "I don't believe in George." One of my friends works at PotC (and he used to be at the Haunted Mansion) and says that PotC is DEFINITELY haunted. As for HM...now where is that darn thread with the picture of the creepy kid?

Edit: Found it! Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion

And, if you want to see the picture, it's linked in that thread, but if you don't feel like thread hopping, look here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom