Is Paint The Night officially dead!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Paint The Night has so much hype there was talk of building that same show for Disney World, now Disneyland won’t even run theirs. Don’t get me wrong I hope it’s as gone as Spectromagic.

fireworkz

WDW will never get it's own Paint the Night. Could by chance borrow the Disneyland one for a "limited run", but don't think will ever get it's own at this point. If WDW was going to get one, it would have it by now. Paint the Night will return at some point to Disneyland/DCA. DL/DCA over the last decade or so runs all of it's night time entertainment on a pretty seasonal, rotational basis for various reasons.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
WDW will never get it's own Paint the Night. Could by chance borrow the Disneyland one for a "limited run", but don't think will ever get it's own at this point. If WDW was going to get one, it would have it by now. Paint the Night will return at some point to Disneyland/DCA. DL/DCA over the last decade or so runs all of it's night time entertainment on a pretty seasonal, rotational basis for various reasons.
I have a mixed feeling IfbMagick Kingdom gets a parade it’s going to be MSEP again.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Stop trying to make PTN happen at WDW, it was never going to happen in the first place. Just stop please.
This thread is basically my saying are we safe from getting the oversized lantern hip hop parade. But now I think it’s obvious unlike the Magick Kingdom Disneyland just wants to be a night club for kids.

wdwfan22

Don’t be surprised If Paint the Night doesn’t Return to the Disneyland Resort this year. There is talk to not bring it back for the summer.

fireworkz

I have a mixed feeling IfbMagick Kingdom gets a parade it’s going to be MSEP again.
You’re safe on that one - MSEP is done, gone.
I believe it as discussed here at one point WDW is in no hurry to spend on a new nighttime parade. There’s speculation there might be one for the 50th, but until then the powers that be have decided a night parade isn’t needed to attract people to the park at night. Fireworks are enough to do the job.

KentB3

Has it been confirmed that MSEP is permanently retired? I have a hard time believing that, giving the huge popularity of the parade, especially at Disneyland Keep in mind MSEP was planned to be retired permanently in 1996 (when the bulbs were sold), but look how far that got!

brb1006

Has it been confirmed that MSEP is permanently retired? I have a hard time believing that, giving the huge popularity of the parade, especially at Disneyland Keep in mind MSEP was planned to be retired permanently in 1996 (when the bulbs were sold), but look how far that got!
At least Disneyland actually kept their word on MSEP having a "Limited Run" in 2017.

thomas998

Not sure why some people have such hatred for any of the night time parades. You aren't forced to watch them and if you don't like them they do tend to pull some people from the lines of popular rides when they are going on so it really is a good thing for people that don't intend to watch them. I don't like fantasmic, but I do enjoy the fact that when I go to DL that I know when it is going in on the lines of some of the better rides will have a few less people in them.

drizgirl

Not sure why some people have such hatred for any of the night time parades. You aren't forced to watch them and if you don't like them they do tend to pull some people from the lines of popular rides when they are going on so it really is a good thing for people that don't intend to watch them. I don't like fantasmic, but I do enjoy the fact that when I go to DL that I know when it is going in on the lines of some of the better rides will have a few less people in them.
The night parade haters are regulars who have seen it all and done it all way too many times and get irritated that they can't cross the street when all those excited tourists are waiting for the parade.

thomas998

The night parade haters are regulars who have seen it all and done it all way too many times and get irritated that they can't cross the street when all those excited tourists are waiting for the parade.
Well I guess I forgot about the possibility of being trapped in adventure land or frontier land for 20 minutes... Who would have ever thought that being stuck in such a place for 20 minutes would merit the howls of anguish I've heard about those dastardly night time parades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom