Is more than one Magic Band possible?

disneyca

Original Poster
Good Morning!

We are 100 days out of returning home for a 2 week trip. My question is can you "program" more than one magic band to use during your stay. Different colours for different days. Or only one magic band for your entire stay.
Thanks in advance.

xracer4844

Yes, I believe so...someone correct me if I am wrong, but in my online account I have a couple that are still registered to me and I believe I can still use them and they will have my information on them.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, every Magic Band you ever receive from Disney will continue to work for any future vacation, as long as they are still active in your My Disney Experience account.

The only thing that won't work forever is the long-range transmitter in the band, since it's powered by a battery that can't be changed. This transmitter is used for things like automatic linking of on-ride photos (and a number of other features they'll be adding along the way).

But they will work as your park ticket, resort room key, Fastpass+ and Dining Plan on any future trips.

FrostyNaples

All magic bands assigned to you remain active unless you manually go into MDE and deactivate them. Alternatively, if your battery runs out, your out of luck there too :D.

Any active band will be the same as the rest as far as how they operate and what they give you access to.

My wife and I always wear two now, one on each wrist. We are ready for the FP+ scanning, no matter which side :p - plus you can only fit so many bandits on one band at a time, so why not have two or more bands to showcase. :joyfull:

WhatJaneSays

The only caveat to this is after about 4 to 6 bands/cards per person the system can have some problems. But even deactivated they stay attached to your account. You can activate or deactivate them as needed

I have 12 bands but I generally only have 2 to 4 active at a time. I've even switched them mid-day in the park and had no issues.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes. I have over 30 magic bands and 8 of them are active. However, I was told by a CM that having more than 6 active magic bands in your MDE account may result in some of the active bands not properly operating, such as opening your resort room door or entry into a park. I coordinate my band with the particular season/reason for trip - Halloween band for Halloween party, Christmas for a holiday visit, Star Wars (have several) for SWW trip, etc. I really don't need another band tied to a resort reservation and I'm glad to see that you can now opt out (I've been making that comment on surveys for the past year - they finally listened, lol).

Now if they ever offer a purple magic band....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Also, if you have multiple bands, I'd set aside one of them for Waterpark / Pool usage.

The reason is, after extended exposure to the chlorine in the water, it will fade the plastic color a bit. My blue and pink bands from the 2013 trip look a bit "sadder" than new bands for this reason.

FrostyNaples

My cousin bought a Haunted Mansion MagicBand while we were at the Magic Kingdom, and she was able to use both that band and the one she was already using.

I have the HM band too! This is always one of the two i use until the batteries go, since i paid for it outside the free ones with resort reservations.

So I use the HM + the newest resort band.

clarabellej

So, today I ordered the new Milennial Pink color magicband. Was so excited when it finally showed up on Shop Disney!

I was going to go into MDE and decline the Magicband for our trip in March.

Now, after reading these old posts, am I understanding correctly that I can actually still order the new “free” ones attached to our upcoming reservation & use not only those, but my new pink ones as well???!!

So much fun.

I will wait for a response before proceeding.

I haven’t customized the MDE bands yet. I believe I have about 20 more days.

So glad I saw this topic.

NelleBelle

So, today I ordered the new Milennial Pink color magicband. Was so excited when it finally showed up on Shop Disney!
Love this band! Really wish this would show up as one of the MB choices you could choose when booking! But think I'll wait till we get to Parks and see what else they have before I order.

clarabellej

So can we still have the latest Magicbands attached to our upcoming March reservation & is it okay to use them interchangeably (switching colors) during the same visit?

NelleBelle

So can we still have the latest Magicbands attached to our upcoming March reservation & is it okay to use them interchangeably (switching colors) during the same visit?
Yes--people can even buy new bands on their trip and have them activated, interchanging them that very same day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom