Is Memory Maker worth?

Minnie1986

Would you all say that Memory Maker is worth it? It will be myself, my niece (12) and goddaughter (15), neither of them have been before, so I'd like to make it as special as possible. For those that use it, would you recommend doing the whole trip package, or maybe just at MK (or any other particular park)?

Mireille

Premium Member
Would you all say that Memory Maker is worth it? It will be myself, my niece (12) and goddaughter (15), neither of them have been before, so I'd like to make it as special as possible. For those that use it, would you recommend doing the whole trip package, or maybe just at MK (or any other particular park)?
I always get it for the entire trip. I know it's a bit less expensive if you purchase it in advance and I don't know if you'd save much by only getting it for particular days. I like getting pictures with characters and at the photo spots as well as the ride pics and it always feels to me like it's worth it. If you plan on doing those things, I think it's worthwhile. But, I usually go by myself so it's hard to take good pictures. For character pictures they will take pictures for you with your phone and you can take your own pictures in split groups at photo spots (or get a nice passerby to do it for you.) For me, it feels like a treat at the end of the day to be able to see all the pictures I got that day. And considering the cost of a Disney vacation, it's not that much more money to burn with the rest of the pile.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I always get it and love being able to have all the family in a shot. I definitely like it much more than having a CMusimg my phone/camera. I probably end up with more than 200 photos/trip. I then download them and make a photo book after the trip. Hate that they raises the price and glad I added it to my AP!

Upvote 0

dmarshal17

Had it on our last 3 trips, and I don't regret it. It's pricey, but to me well worth not having to take pictures yourself. If you get Genie+, you'll have your phone out enough already. Be sure to take full advantage of it, if there is a photographer setup, either get in line or ask for them to get a pic for you!

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

As someone else said, whether or not it is worth it is very subjective. I have never used it before, partly because I think it is too expensive. I'm also not really interested in Magic Shots and don't meet many characters. I prefer to take my own pictures and I don't mind handing my phone to a CM or nice stranger if I want the whole group in the picture.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

All of the following have to be "yes" for me to feel like I'm getting value out of MM.
  • Is it a long trip (at least one week)?
  • Is it a large party (at least 6 people)?
  • Will the majority of the people ride the majority of the rides that have on-ride photos?
  • Has it been at least a couple of years since the last time you got MM?
When we do our bigger trips where there are 10+ people for 8+ nights, it's a no-brainer.

Upvote 0

ppete1975

Remember only one person needs it, so you dont have to buy for all.
First time visitors-yes buy it
kids involved- yes buy it
Have everyone in the pics and not have everything selfie mode- yes buy it
Get it for all days.
The memories will be worth 10X the cost.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

To offer the opposite point of view: I'd say absolutely not. Memory Maker is a giant waste of money.

We did it once, and the photos were no better -- and in many cases, were of lower quality -- than the ones CMs and PhotoPass photographers took of us for free on our own phones/point-and-click cameras. Since then, we've always taken our own (or asked others to take them), and we come home with hundreds of great photos, all for free.

Also, if you're planning to buy Genie+, you'll get free digital downloads of all your PhotoPass and on-ride photos as part of Genie+ for the day(s) and park(s) for which you purchased it, meaning Memory Maker would be redundant.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom