Is Memory Maker Worth It?

Mrs.JJP

My husband and I are going to WDW the last week of April. We will spend one day in Epcot and one day in MK. I'm debating whether Memory Maker would be worth it for us? Previously, I would ask other people to take pictures on our phones but I'm not sure how people are feeling about touching other people's belongings lately? I'd hate to only have a couple of selfies but I don't know if it's worth $170.

Michaelson

We like it. You spend more time 'in the moment' rather than looking at the park through your cell phone, and the special effects they occasionally add really make the trip more fun.

Regards! Michaelson

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

My husband and I are going to WDW the last week of April. We will spend one day in Epcot and one day in MK. I'm debating whether Memory Maker would be worth it for us? Previously, I would ask other people to take pictures on our phones but I'm not sure how people are feeling about touching other people's belongings lately? I'd hate to only have a couple of selfies but I don't know if it's worth $170.
I don't know if its worth it but I wanted to add some arguments:
Pro-Cast Members are not permitted to touch your phones anymore due to the pandemic (so that is a pro for memory maker). As a guest I'd honestly not love to be approached for it either.
Con- Photopass has been hit hardly with the layoffs so there are way less photo spots than before, making your bang for buck less worth it.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

I would normally say yes since we have purchased Memory Maker on every trip since the inception. But right now...with COVID and masks...no I would not bother. This is not a time I want to be reminded of in the future.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

I bought it when we took a weeklong trip with a kiddo. Not sure about during mask times. But I'm usually the picture-taker. We have tons of pics of my kiddo or DH or kiddo and DH and basically zero pics of me. It's nice to have pics of all of us together once in a while.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

I have mixed feelings about the value currently with less opportunities for photos but, if you hardly ever get to go to Disney then I would say yes, even with the masks.
Photos with the masks don't bother me as I feel this has been a sadly historic event and as I have said previously, years from now, I want to be able to say "see those people in front of the castle, that was us during the 2020 pandemic".

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I wouldnt want to get it at this time because of the "must be masked" requirement. I'd prefer having our faces seen in the photos. We will be doing our own photos when we go, and be less than happy about it, but that isnt costing us anything. If how that changes the appearance of you and your family in the photos, doesnt matter, then sure, do it.

Upvote 0

mpaulam

In the Parks
No
We were just there for a 2 day trip. On the My Disney App it gave me a 2 day option for $69. I debated it and decided against it. I didn't see nearly the amount of Photopass photographers we normally do. And we really weren't nuts about all of our pictures having our masks on...
That's just our personal choice. Maybe you will get the 2 day offer as well!

Upvote 0

spellbooked

There is a deal right now where you can get 2 days of photos for only $69. My mom and I went for 3 days last month and ended up using it for our pictures from HS and MK. You can get all of your photos taken, look at them in the app and then decide after if you want to buy them (that's what we did). We really wanted pictures together and were nervous about asking people to take them for us since we didn't know if people would touch our phones. Although the masks looked a bit silly, it was a fun memory and will be an interesting way to remember that trip.

Upvote 0

ilovelabs2021

We are thinking of getting it ONLY if there is a deal when we go in July. We won't pay full price currently, mostly because there are not as many photo opps, not necessarily b/c of the masks. Someone on another Disney board mentioned that if someone takes his or her mask off on a ride photo you don't get it. Can anyone confirm that?

Upvote 0

Crunchie9

I have over 1500 photos between my camera and memory maker (1 9 day trip)

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

Typically I would say no. We also go as a couple, often for only 2 or 3 days at a time.

You can still use photopass! You would just pay for each individual photo you want to keep. (I think it’s around $14.99 each.)

So we’ll buy one or two special ones here and there, and take the rest on our phones.

With that said:
There is a deal right now where you can get 2 days of photos for only $69. My mom and I went for 3 days last month and ended up using it for our pictures from HS and MK. You can get all of your photos taken, look at them in the app and then decide after if you want to buy them (that's what we did). We really wanted pictures together and were nervous about asking people to take them for us since we didn't know if people would touch our phones. Although the masks looked a bit silly, it was a fun memory and will be an interesting way to remember that trip.
That seems like a reasonable deal if it’s available!

Upvote 0

crawale

Now that masks have to stay on for pictures - no, absolutely a waste of money. Memory Maker is included with my AP - or at least a free download but otherwise I would never buy a separate one. Have your photo taken by the photographer and if you want to buy it later then just buy what you want.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I bought one for our 7-day trip in April for my mom and me. I did it mainly because I didn't want all our pictures to be selfies. We figured we will look back in history at these pictures at some point to remember the trip we took where we had to wear masks. This is her retirement trip from working 46-years as a RN and I want to remember this trip with her. But if it was just a short trip of a couple days, I'd probably skip it was it was a lot for just a couple days. And no way would I feel comfortable having a stranger touch my phone (or asking them to).

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

In the before times, I rarely thought it was worth buying. As another poster said, I thought it only made sense for longer trips with large family groups, or maybe if it was a special occasion trip, like your first visit, rare visit, or big celebration. I also felt it was harder to make good use of it during busier park times. Personally, we'll wait in line for attractions, minimally for characters, but we're not generally inclined to wait in line for a photo. I also tend to like our own photos best.

One tradition we have, and it started with a Jungle Cruise joke about the high-biscus and the low-biscus (hibiscus), is to take a photo of us whenever we see a hibiscus at any place like a theme park. They are very photogenic flowers! It started as a joke, but now we love our collection of hibiscus pictures. IMO, they are much more unique then the classics WDW offers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom