Is mattress in sofa bed removable?

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We are staying in a one-bedroom at Saratoga Springs in a few weeks, and we may have some friends join us for the first couple of nights following their cruise. I am thinking we will give them the bedroom, and we will take the pull-out sofa bed in the living room since they will only be there a couple of nights. That seems like the hospitable thing to do, then when they leave, we'll have the rest of the week in the bedroom.
I have an iffy back and need a firm surface to sleep on so I am thinking if the mattress is removable from the sofa, I can just take it out and place it directly on the floor, closing the sofa back up out of the way and giving me a much firmer surface for a weak and aging back. Anyone know if this is possible?

nickys

Premium Member
We are staying in a one-bedroom at Saratoga Springs in a few weeks, and we may have some friends join us for the first couple of nights following their cruise. I am thinking we will give them the bedroom, and we will take the pull-out sofa bed in the living room since they will only be there a couple of nights. That seems like the hospitable thing to do, then when they leave, we'll have the rest of the week in the bedroom.
I have an iffy back and need a firm surface to sleep on so I am thinking if the mattress is removable from the sofa, I can just take it out and place it directly on the floor, closing the sofa back up out of the way and giving me a much firmer surface for a weak and aging back. Anyone know if this is possible?

No, I don’t think it is. The cushions come off but pretty sure the mattress doesn’t.

Sometimes Housekeeping can bring a mattress topper if that would help. Personally I would be tempted to bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor if you really need a firm surface.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
No, I don’t think it is. The cushions come off but pretty sure the mattress doesn’t.

Sometimes Housekeeping can bring a mattress topper if that would help. Personally I would be tempted to bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor if you really need a firm surface.

Thank you. Our other option is bringing an air mattress to put on the floor. It has a built in compressor and does pump up quite firm.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Thank you. Our other option is bringing an air mattress to put on the floor. It has a built in compressor and does pump up quite firm.
I would go with that over even asking for an egg crate topper for the mattress. I have a bad back as well, and a lot of times the order Disney beds that are not on platforms are too soft. Adding in a topper just makes it more soft instead of firm. I have never tried to take the mattress off the sleeper sofa. I don't think in these newer ones you can though because it's actually in a couple of pieces. It's always hit or miss with the quality of those too. A good air mattress on the floor is probably more comfortable than the sleeper sofa anyway

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I would go with that over even asking for an egg crate topper for the mattress. I have a bad back as well, and a lot of times the order Disney beds that are not on platforms are too soft. Adding in a topper just makes it more soft instead of firm. I have never tried to take the mattress off the sleeper sofa. I don't think in these newer ones you can though because it's actually in a couple of pieces. It's always hit or miss with the quality of those too. A good air mattress on the floor is probably more comfortable than the sleeper sofa anyway

Yes, you are right and I already know the air mattress is comfortable, yet has the firmness I need. I should have just decided that up front and been done with it, as that would take out the variable and I would have solved my own problem.
We are driving and it is no problem to toss the air mattresses in the car. I just thought about this and asked before I realized I already had the answer, bring it with us then there are no unknowns.

Lensman

Yes, you are right and I already know the air mattress is comfortable, yet has the firmness I need. I should have just decided that up front and been done with it, as that would take out the variable and I would have solved my own problem.
We are driving and it is no problem to toss the air mattresses in the car. I just thought about this and asked before I realized I already had the answer, bring it with us then there are no unknowns.
Sometimes, we just need some friends to talk things through. We're always here for ya!

Glad your problem is solved. If you do find an answer to your original question, though, it would probably help others who search and find this thread.

Note: After sleeping on it, I have a vague recollection of my cousins sleeping on the floor in front of the sleeper sofa at SSR, so I think there's a chance that the mattress is removable, though this was 10 years ago.

Have a great trip!

nickys

Premium Member
Sometimes, we just need some friends to talk things through. We're always here for ya!

Glad your problem is solved. If you do find an answer to your original question, though, it would probably help others who search and find this thread.

Note: After sleeping on it, I have a vague recollection of my cousins sleeping on the floor in front of the sleeper sofa at SSR, so I think there's a chance that the mattress is removable, though this was 10 years ago.

Have a great trip!

Could have just been on the cushions though, we’ve done that when my boys refused to share a bed at BCV. We made up a bed in the entrance to the room using the cushions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom