Is Little Mermaid on DVD yet?

FairytaleMagic

Original Poster
Has the Little Mermaid been released on DVD yet? I know it was released on video a few years ago. If not does anyone know when it will come out on DVD?
I have the same questions for Cinderella, too.

WDWspider

Originally posted by FairytaleMagic
Has the Little Mermaid been released on DVD yet? I know it was released on video a few years ago. If not does anyone know when it will come out on DVD?
I have the same questions for Cinderella, too.

LM - Yes

Cindy - No, I think it's next year.

I believe LM is no longer available to buy though.

Woody13

The Little Mermaid was previously released on DVD (as mentioned by spider-man) but is now out of print (no longer available). You can probably find one in a pawn shop (or ebay if you are really desperate). However, if you go that route be prepared to pay a very high price. The next release for Little Mermaid is tentatively scheduled for 2005. Cinderella has never been released as a DVD and there is no scheduled release date for Cindy.

stitchcastle

Update!!

The Little Mermaid was one of the first disney titles to be put to DVD, this was at a time when Disney was very nervous about putting movies to DVD and so released 9 of their classics, including TLM, out to DVD for a limited time as a test. If you're a huge fan of TLM, you should scope for the old DVD in Ebay because this is the last chance you'll get the movie in its original unaltered form.

The little Mermaid is now part of the Platinum series and is tentatively scheduled for a 2006 or 2007 release probably to coincide with the launch of the broadway version of Disney's The Little Mermaid.

Cinderella will be released as a platinum edition in October of 2005

DisneyPhD

When Little PhD was a baby I got LM on DVD as one of my free DVD's (you know the buy 3 get one free in the mail things.) I remember thinking, we have a girl, I bet she will like this. I am so glad I did. But something tells me I will have to buy one of the new ones too, just for the extras.

My SIL got Cinderella on Video when it came out and I am so glad she did. DD loves that video. I am rather annoyed with Disney only relasing them at certin times, because kids are only young once and they can outgrow things before they release them for marketing reasons. :fork:

Woody13

DisneyPhD said:
I am rather annoyed with Disney only relasing them at certin times, because kids are only young once and they can outgrow things before they release them for marketing reasons. :fork:

Outgrow Disney? Wash your mouth out with soap! :kiss:

DisneyPhD

Woody13 said:
Outgrow Disney? Wash your mouth out with soap! :kiss:

Well, never out grow Disney, but they are only 3 once. By the time they get it out on DVD DD will be like 5 or 6. I planned ahead, but not every parent does. What if I had a boy. I have a friend that is scrambling to get some of the more boyish movies for son that are hard to find. :animwink:

Woody13

DisneyPhD said:
Well, never out grow Disney, but they are only 3 once. By the time they get it out on DVD DD will be like 5 or 6. I planned ahead, but not every parent does. What if I had a boy. I have a friend that is scrambling to get some of the more boyish movies for son that are hard to find. :animwink:

I think little boys would like TLM just as much as little girls. I have never found the Disney classics to be gender specific.:cool: :)

Goofette

DisneyPhD said:
When Little PhD was a baby I got LM on DVD as one of my free DVD's (you know the buy 3 get one free in the mail things.) I remember thinking, we have a girl, I bet she will like this. I am so glad I did. But something tells me I will have to buy one of the new ones too, just for the extras.

My SIL got Cinderella on Video when it came out and I am so glad she did. DD loves that video. I am rather annoyed with Disney only relasing them at certin times, because kids are only young once and they can outgrow things before they release them for marketing reasons. :fork:

I agree completely! It's really frustrating when they're that little and love all the Disney movies but because of marketing strategies you can't find them, so you end up paying over and over and over to rent their favorites. Sadly, it is true that there comes a point where Disney movies lose their appeal to most kids (she's 10 now) She's changed so much just since I joined the boards a few years ago. Even though she Loves WDW, and I have the collection of old Mickey Mouse DVD's that she Loves, a lot of the animated movies she isn't that thrilled about. She Loved Incredibles though....can't wait until it's released. But sad to say for now she's out of that princess stage :cry: Of course it doesn't help that schools are MAKING them grow up MUCH too fast now...the book they are reading (remember she's 10, in 5th grade) is Jane Eyre...when I saw her bring it home for her homework assignment I thought it had to be a mistake. She's on chapter 11 and hates it!! I dont' know WHY they are reading a book like that in elementary GRRR :fork: I just wish kids could be kids :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom